All Comments on 'The Difference a Year Makes'

by Cia81

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
FatBottomedGirlFatBottomedGirlover 12 years ago
i think this is fantastic

There is nothing like a gay male story infused with love and dialogue. Thanks for weaving this beautiful picture :) I thoroughly enjoyed it!

julrijulriover 12 years ago
wonderful story! Good job.

This was a very touching story. I would have loved it to be longer, but its just right on its own. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. This is the first time I have read your work, it certainly wont be the last! Thank you again.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 12 years ago
Julri said it perfectly

It was a beautiful story well done..

nomoretears00nomoretears00over 12 years ago
Holy hell

Wow, you really outdid yourself on this! What a sweet and loving story with the right balance of sorrow.

ChrissiChrissiover 12 years ago
Love it.

Loved it!

Would have loved a little more background on Cole's sexuality though.

frosty_hore8frosty_hore8over 12 years ago
what a nice suprise

a lovely tale to round the day off.

but do have to say: more 'bonds unbroken' PLEEEEAAAASES ;0)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great story

Very well done and sexy/tender.

prostock69prostock69over 12 years ago

Just lovely. Brought tears to my eyes :)

avrgblkgrlavrgblkgrlover 12 years ago
Sweet

I really liked the story itself. I do feel that it was a bit rushed. Some of the more unique aspects of their attraction and situation could have been more developed just to give the story more depth (bisexuality, deciding to dive back into a relationship, sex after such a long break). But, it was a short and it is hard to choose what to focus on and what not to--and keep it short. I feel you. Still, the story was enjoyable and sweet. I personally like an uncomplicated happy ending.

~~ABG

xSpiral82xSpiral82over 12 years ago
=O

Story was good! I liked it a lot, at least this guy here didn't disappear because there was a kid. Although I felt that this could be stretched a bit though, like knowing more about cole and his past or maybe a fling with the police ;)? Little ups and downs in their relationship would be nice to see too (:

blue5766blue5766over 12 years ago
a tear jerker

What a great story well worth a 5

perihelionperihelionover 12 years ago
Good story

Your story is well constructed with interesting characters and I really enjoyed reading it. Sexy as hell, too. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good story

Loved the plot. I wish that you had made this into several chapters so we could see each relationship develop. Also, I liked cameron and I wish he wasn't just discarded. Ps I didn't know subway had a drive thru! :)

Cia81Cia81over 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks everyone!

Thank you for all the great comments! Sorry the story isn't as long as most seem to have wanted, this was actually a short story that I added to. I could have kept going but as I currently have 3 other stories in revision and 3 stories mid-progress in writing, I just didn't have time to add more than a few scenes to this. I'm glad you liked what was there.

Ps. I've only seen 1 subway drive thru by my house but I love it. Healthy(ier) fast food, without getting out of the car. Perfect because it rains here 9 months of the year, lol!

fukmi_allnitefukmi_allniteover 12 years ago

I'm glad Cole was able to find someone who brought a smile to his face and was able move on. I like the realistic touch of him still having to greive over the deaths of his wife and daughter and the story didn't brush his loss under the rug. I was a bit wary as I thought Danny was going to be the romanti foil for Cole. Glad I was wrong about that one. I also like the curveball you threw with Officer Jones. Maybe a nice side story for him. One last thing, you threw me off with the wife and daughter's last name being different than Cole's. It doesn't really 'Matters', nothing could have been 'Better'.

nem0nem0over 12 years ago
*sniffle*

Maybe I'm just emotional right now, but the bits at the beginning about how much Cole was greiving for his wife and daughter made me well up!

Really well written, just a beautiful story. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I love how you built their relationship and how you didn't rush things - most authors fail in that regard. Thank you for such a great read! It's a real gem :)

EroticLitKittyEroticLitKittyover 12 years ago
Wonderful story

It was realistic and heartwarming

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Beautiful...

...and amazing story. Thank you! I also agree and appreciate with how you build up the relationship between your main characters. Looking forward to read more of your stories!

You now have another avid reader ;)

GeorgeTGeorgeTover 12 years ago
With feeling.

A very well written story. It is amazing just how much feeling it contains. The transition between the widower grieving and the excitement of meeting a new partner is sensual. I am amazed how the story equates to myself and maybe many other men looking for a new start after grieving the loss of a loved partner.

dinkybootsdinkybootsabout 12 years ago
good

loved it.? pity theres not a little bit more to it.? i was hopig for maybe another page. but. it was a good ending neverthe less...

hk47enclavehk47enclavealmost 12 years ago
So heart-warming

I really like this one.

A nice touch.

:)

Cia81Cia81almost 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thank you everyone! I liked the short story and then expanded it to give it a better flow. I really love hearing thoughts on stories and knowing what works for the readers gives me a good boost for other stories. Again, thanks for reading!

dinkybootsdinkybootsalmost 12 years ago

still love-ing it 2nd time around

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

I've sat in my car and watched in the rear mirror while the guy behind slid into me, desperately trying to brake. It's scary, mainly because there is absolutely nothing you can do, and it doesn't matter that the final crunch was almost painless for my car (and me).

Anyway, just as every other reader commenting here I can only say that the story touched my heart. The fact that people want to know more details is a compliment in itself, it shows that you have made us relate to the characters and their lives, and we want to share their feeling, joyful as well as sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A winner ...

This is a beautifully written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Lovely story, thanks.

Common mistake: "straight and narrow" should be "strait and narrow". It's from Matthew 7:13/14:

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

"Strait", as in the "Strait of Gibraltar", or "straitjacket" - it means narrow or confined.

CMfromSwedenCMfromSwedenover 9 years ago
Lovely story

Slightly different version of the story from the one on GA :) I really like this story. Real. Full of hope at the end. I'm glad they found eachother :))

/ Slytherin

erotikpassionserotikpassionsalmost 9 years ago
Lovely

I don't know how i missed this story having read some of your other stories at least twice. I really loved this story as I do your other stories.

Haphaestion2004Haphaestion2004almost 9 years ago
I'm tickled pink ...

It's soo good that Cole had another chance at happiness ... he and Dylan needed it badly and Peter was just the guy to give it to them !!

A wonderful story, caring, loving and so full of hope at the end ! I was so happy that on the aftermath of a road accident, that could've turned out much worse than it did, Cole found love again ! Peter's green eyes got my attention as well ... Hmmm !!

So, of course I loved the story - it made me all toasty inside ... :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wow,me too

Wow this story had tears in my eyes. I'm a mechanic that owns a shop in pittsburgh pa and it just hit home w me.thanks for the great work.

jenellesljenelleslabout 7 years ago
Love Eternal

This is a beautiful story. Well done. I felt for the characters, especially Cole. I thought it was interesting that he was bi. He truly did love his wife and now loves his new partner. I think we all need someone to just hold.

illwindillwindalmost 6 years ago

Not to knock anyone's "gaydar" but Peter asks out a guy who he has every reason to believe is straight. There's no mention of Cole's interest in men, and yet he's already assuming he's bisexual. Speaking of which; you would think after being married for years to a woman, Cole switching back to men would at least get a mention from his lifelong friend. Rather than say just a joke about gay porn.

Also gotta say; at no point did it seem like Danny was 'looking out' for Cole, it just seemed like he was a giant asshole. How is giving Peter shit about his ex helping out Cole?

I guess some would call it kismet or fate or whatever. But a guy crushing on another guy(or anyone for that matter), on the anniversary of his wife's death just seemed weird to me.

Maddy69Maddy69over 5 years ago
Sweet story❤

I enjoyed your story very much. Sweet, short and full of hope that one can move on after losing a loved one. Thank you for sharing.

Pitbull86Pitbull86about 5 years ago

Aw, man! I was hoping he would end up with Danny, but oh well.

Still a good story though!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Cute

This is cute.

"Whisper": Lowkey wanted him with Danny...

This is REALLY cute!!!

MickeyKayMickeyKayalmost 3 years ago

Hi this was a Fantastic story! So heartwarming and full of love with the right amount of sorrow, in my opinion! I've been in an accident so you got the part about how it was scary to be driving again and not just for a day but about a week is just Spot On! There's one thing that confused me and that is the last name on the mother and daughters headstones is Matters but when his last name's mentioned it's Betters!?! Overall a Very Fantastical story!! You're Quite talented!!!

FosBoydFosBoydover 2 years ago

Thank You for a Beautiful Story. Out of the Darkness come the Light, always.

JynnyJynnyover 1 year ago

Best written story on Literotica EVER !! Beautiful, just beautiful....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really beautiful and emotional love story.

Very well crafted with believable storyline and dialogue.

I enjoyed it immensely - thanks for posting

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous