All Comments on 'The Different Paths To Love'

by TheDok

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
The_Licentious_LaureateThe_Licentious_Laureateover 1 year ago

Interesting concept with the two story arcs that end up in the same place. As it starts in 1977, I found the description of one of the girls as being clean shaven below slightly jarring as this didn’t really come in until much later. Also, I’m with Anna, definitely prefer rugby union. As someone who was a UK teenager in the 1970’s, watching all the ‘aggro’ and ‘bovver’ on the news as different sets of so-called football fans went at each other essentially put me off the sport for ever. I remember ‘fans’ having the laces removed from their boots (DM’s) before they could go onto the terraces, probably to make it impossible for them to run away from the police.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My Alice wasn’t any innocent, but, like yours, we’re still together after the same forty years. Long live the fate that brought us into each others’ lives. 5 stars.

HappyEndingsLoverHappyEndingsLoverover 1 year ago

Excellent story on random chance mixed with taking initiative. Very well written with just the right amount of detail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Neither rugger or soccer!!!!!! Gridiron football!!! Nuff said. Nice story, I like it when less than perfect people come out on top.

Be Well and Happy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

a lovely story!

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

I liked reading this story. The format is a bit unusual, but certainly not too difficult to follow. Your characters are engaging and likable, and I especially like the details that make the setting more vivid to me. As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

The intent of the alternative plot lines was good, but the execution was terrible. I liked the story, but I don't know what we gained with the bouncing plots. I had a sneaky suspicion that Alice would end up being the focus of the love story, but it certainly was difficult to get to. 5*

BlissMaraBlissMaraover 1 year ago

A fantastic conclusion to life's collisions of fate, and lust, and circumstance. All is experience, all is fate. A lovely, well-rounded story. 5* I so enjoyed this read!

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Nice story of real life and how we meet the one we are fated to be with. I often wonder what if I made this choice or that career move would I have still met my wife? We have had 30 years together and still going strong.

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great beginning, great ending. Confusing in the middle.

RABSTARABSTA4 months ago

This story was good for the first 2 pages. The third page was a repeat of part of the first page and I never did find the end. You need to take it down and reformat it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous