The Divide

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gweall
Gweall
900 Followers

"Sir, is that-" Without a word Terrin ran towards the cliff, and jumped.

"Sire!!" The guard ran towards the cliff frantically, and fell backwards as the huge dragon rose from the bottom of the cliff. Terrin straddled his back, arms spread to match the leathery wings of the behemoth. They rose until they blocked out the light of the sun, casting a huge shadow on the field in front of the kingdom.

"My god..." The head of the guard muttered. He mounted Stormrider, and led her and the other horse back to the kingdom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you hungry?" Terrin asked. He sat in the open field with Zan, both of them spread out on the grass on their back.

"No, I made sure to eat well before I came back." Zan sent the thought to his head.

"Alright, so what's the word?"

"The elders have agreed to come, all of them. They will be there noon tomorrow."

"Good, do you think this will work?"

"I don't know. Your people seem open to the idea, as do mine. But the smallest kink in the chain could ruin everything."

"Well then we have to be sure that this chain remains kinkless." Terrin smiled at the dragon, who looked funny lying on his back in the green grass.

"So will you stay here tonight?"

"Yes, everything is set up with my people. I'll direct your people to the proper island tomorrow." Zan said.

"Good." Terrin was quiet for a moment.

"So have you thought anything of what the dragon queen said to us?"

"What do you mean? About us being mates?"

"Yes."

"I guess. I'm still not sure if she's entirely wrong..." Zan said.

"You mean you feel like...you have feelings for... You think she's right?" Terrin stamered.

"Well...I don't know. They say you're supposed to know immediately when you find your mate."

"And...did you feel anything? When we first met?" Terrin played with the grass in his hands.

"I felt your sword slice through my wing." Zan turned his large reptilian head to face him, almost seeming to raise an eyebrow.

"Seriously." Terrin smacked him playfully and laughed, he doubted the dragon could even feel it.

"Honestly, the fact that I didn't set you on fire the moment I saw you says a lot." Zan chuckled in his head.

"I guess it does." Terrin smiled.

"So, I'll just sleep out here in the fields? I promise, no snacking on the cows." Zan smiled a reptilian smile, as one of the small herds of cows walked by.

"Of course not, get into your human form. You're staying in the palace, with me." Terrin smiled and stood up, dusting off the cloth pants he wore instead of his usual armor.

"With you?" Zan said in his head, as he shifted into his human form.

"I didn't mean...Down the hall. Not in the same-.... come on, it's getting cold." Terrin blushed. Zan gave him a cocky smile in his human form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zan sat down on the bed and Terrin leaned against the stone doorframe.

"We leave early, at sunrise. It's a long trip there and we need to make sure we aren't late." Terrin said.

"Of course, I'll be awake."

"Good. If you need anything, I'm at the end of the corridor." Terrin pointed down the hallway.

"Goodnight." Zan smiled.

"Goodnight." Terrin waved, and left the room. Zan stared after him and smiled. He knew Terrin was his mate, if he wasn't ready to accept it that was fine. He could wait. He could give him all the time in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The spray of the ocean hit Terrin's face and he smiled. The spray was refreshing and the air was even better. Zan seemed to be enjoying it just as much as he did. His wings were damp with the spray, but he didn't seem to be bothered by it. In fact, steam rose from his wings as he dried them while flying. The three ships of his kingdom were below them, following the red dragon to their destination. Just at the horizon, Terrin could see the islands.

"Is that them?"

"Yes, we're nearly there. We picked an Island that looked like it would be easiest for you to reach, it has a sharp drop off close to the island. It makes it easier for the atren king to reach the island, and easier for you to dock your ships." Zan

explained.

"Atren, thats water right?" Terrin thought about their conversation a few days back.

"Yes, good you're learning. I doubt if you remember my full name though."

"I don't." Terrin admitted.

"I would have been surprised if you did." Zan laughed.

The ships let their anchor drop as they approached the island. The small crews used the row boats to reach the shore. The dragon circled the island once before finding a clear spot and landing. Terrin remained on his shoulders as Zan played with the sand between his clawed toes. The crews settled and prepared themselves for what was to come.

"Remember, they're not here to hurt us. They're here to talk. You're all to act civil and be calm, understood?" Terrin said atop his confident dragon friend. Everyone nodded their head in agreement and the head of the guard walked up to the mounted king.

"When are they to arrive?"

"Any minute now." Zan said. "I told them noon, and they will not be late." The head of the guard looked up at the sun in the middle of the sky.

"It's almost-" Suddenly a large water dragon sprang forth through the surface. The soldiers jumped and instincivly raised their weapons.

"Weapons down!" Terrin shouted, and his people obeyed. The dragon continued to rise from the water. Eventually it stopped at what Terrin assumed was half of it's body length. The great serpent had fins sprouting just behind it's jaw, and it's eyes were snakelike.

"Gods..." The head of the guard said. The dragon looked down at Zan, age showed in its eyes.

"Zan." It's voice was deep and echoed in everyone's mind.

"Thoro." Zan bowed his head.

"Where is your queen?" The deep voice

echoed.

"By the looks of it, nearly here." Zan moved to look around the snakelike body. The serpent turned and in the distance, the forms of two other dragons could be seen.

"How is Terra going to get here?" The blue serpent spoke again.

"By the looks of it, she's being carried the poor girl." Zan chuckled.

"You make her sound innocent." The dragon chuckled.

"Terra?" Terrin asked.

"The earth dragon queen, Terratunell." Zan

explained.

"Ah, and Thoro?"

"Thoroatren." The serpent spoke. "The king of the

water dragons, as a human would put it." The serpent bent until it's massive eye was even with Terrin.

"An honor to meet you." Terrin didn't flinch.

"A brave one, Zan. A good choice for a mate." The serpent spoke to only Terrin and Zan.

"I'm not his-" Suddenly, a large black streak fell from the sky, landing in the soft sand of the

island. The humans jumped in fright as the large black dragon burrowed into the sand. She was gone for a long moment before the gnashing teeth of her head appeared at the sands surface again. She climbed up and sat like a cobra prepared to strike.

"Zan, Thoro." A melodic womanly voice echoed in everyones head. The familiar great red queen landed on the soft sad near Zan and terrin. Finally, a white thin dragon coiled its way onto the

sand. Like a small albino garden snake with feathered wings, it was beautiful. Its feathers glimmered like pearls in the sunlight.

"Everyone is here, Terrin. Feel free to start whenever." Zan spoke to him in his head. Terrin cleared his throat and climbed the dragons neck, up to his head. He stood, a foot on each horn, and spoke.

"All of them showing up proves that they're not here to harm us. They want peace as much as we do." Terrin said. Most of the humans stood in shock.

"I'll let them introduce

themselves." Terrin nodded at the dragons.

"I am Thoroatren. King of the water brood." The largest dragon spoke.

"I am Sarazina. Queen of the fire brood." The red queen spoke.

"I am Terratunella, Queen of the earth brood." The black dragon burried in the sand spoke.

"And I am Erionzar. King of the air brood." The white feathered dragon spoke.

"You may call them Thoro, Sara, Terra, and Erion." Zan spoke, simplifying it for the humans.

"And you, human? What is your name?" Thoro bent to make eye contact with Terrin again, splashing the water around his enormous body.

"I'm prince Terrin." Terrin nodded his head at the dragon king.

"King Terrin." Zan corrected.

"Right, still getting used to that." He blushed.

"Zan tells you wish to bring our two races together?" Thoro questioned.

"Break the Divide?" Terra added, her plated body shining in the sunlight.

"Yes, humans and dragons could learn to help each other. It would be a benefit to both of our kind."

"How would it benefit us?" Sara asked, her red scales bright she seemed smaller now that she was out in the open.

"Aren't you tired of having your nests threatened?" He turned to Thoro. "Or running into one of our ships?" He turned towards Erion. "Don't you want to soar the skies freely?" He looked at Sara. "And more hunting room?" The dragons pondered his questions.

"And what do your people get out of this?"

"We don't want to hurt you, we could work out where it's safe for us to sail and fish. We could get more land by being able to cross the Divide. More room to hunt and gather." Terrin explained. The dragons considered this.

"It make sense, on all sides." Zan mumbled.

"It does." The head of the guard spoke finally.

"But how do we know all of your people agree with this? If one of

ours is to be killed if one of yours feels threatened? Or the other way around? If one of our nests are accidentally crushed, or if-"

"These things can all happen, and theres no doubt that at some point they probably will. But is it worth it to do nothing and maybe have another human dragon war break out?" Zan interrupted Erion. "We need to stop seeing each other as different beings. We all live on this planet and it's about time

we start getting used to each other." Zan said.

"We're not saying that we need to be friends. We just need to adjust and get used to each other, it will stop the violence." Terrin chimed in.

"Humans and dragons can get along, these two have proven that today." Sara said.

"Yes, it's quite obvious what's going on here." Erion gave a sly smile on his lips.

"Nothing is going on here, why does everyone keep saying that?" Terrin rubbed his temples, annoyed.

"Even if you don't believe that something is going on, it is." Sara smiled. "You must feel it, Zan." She turned to the red

behemoth.

"I do." He admitted.

"What?" Terrin shouted, looking down at the dragon he stood on.

"There's no rush to accept it now, Terrin." The dragon sent the thought to his head only. The humans stared on, confused.

"There better not be, because I'm not accepting it, ever." He glared at the scaly firebreather.

"Very well." Only the other dragons could see the pain in his reptilian face.

"On with the matter at hand." Terrin sighed.

"What about a trial period. We get a few volounteers to stay in the kingdom, get humans used to the idea of living with dragons in the area." Sara raised her head with the sudden idea.

"Sounds like a fantastic idea." The leader of the guard said.

"We should get at least one person from each brood." Terrin said.

"What if both Terrin and I travel to each brood, we talk to them and take volunteers?" Zan said.

"It sounds like it would work for me." Sara said. "Although of course, Zan will be the one from the fire brood to represent me."

"I agree." replied Erion. The other dragons nodded their heads in agreement.

"Then it's decided. You all will return back to the kingdom." Terrin spoke to his people. "And you, tell everyone whats happening. I'll go with Zan and try and gather some volunteers." Terrin said to the head of the guard. He nodded, and the humans set sail for their home, while the dragons flew back to their own families.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 year later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The plan had worked. Dragons and Humans stood together on the day that would come to be known as 'Falling Day' The day that the two species worked together to tear down the Divide. The earth shook as dozens upon dozens of earth dragons tore through the ground around the Divide. Red dragons stood on the cliff and the coast was lined with water dragons. Humans stood by with shovels and picks. The sun rose to the final point in the sky, directly above the Divide.

"Lets get to work!" Terrin shouted, holding a shovel above his head. Dragons roared and Humans cheered, digging their claws and shovels into the tough ground. Water dragons dived under water for a second before coming forward and spraying the divide with water. Earth dragons dived and chewed away at the ground that was loosened by the water. Humans dug away, at the soft ground for hours. Air dragons lifted away the largest unmovable boulders and trees burried into the dirt. After digging and shifting the dirt around all day, it finally formed one large slope from the grassy plains of the

human lands, and the moist swamps of dragon territory. The red dragons, including Zan, rose into the sky and enhaled deeply. The humans and dragons scattered as a rain of fire sprayed from the sky, hardening the rock. Steam rose from the mud until it was dirt, and still the dragons sprayed their fire. Suddenly the dirt turned black and hardened into volcanic looking stone. The dragons landed and for the first time in a long time, there was no Divide breaking the land in two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zan was happy. The two sentient species on the planet had finally become one. Dragons and Humans alike lived in peace now. No more war, no more killing. Terrin's first act during the trial period was to save the water dragon eggs they had seen in the ocean. They hatched and became the first dragons to become part of the human navy. Earth dragons worked with farmers, fire dragons worked with blacksmiths, air dragons worked with stablemasters to keep the cattle and horses from running off, It was perfect harmony. Humans traveled through dragon lands to help improve their living conditions and

help keep their eggs safe. Everything was right with the world. Everything but one thing.

Terrin still hadn't accepted that Zan was his mate. He would always be by Terrin's side, but he couldn't help but want more. He would walk around in his human form for hours, trying to attract Terrin. He knew that Terrin didn't mind his dragon form, but he would never be sexually attracted to it. He would, however, be attracted to the muscled

toned body his human form displayed. He would 'accidentally' run into Terrin while coming back from bathing, or would 'accidentally' leave his armor in Terrin's

room and have to go in naked to retrieve it. He knew that it made Terrin crazy. He could see him struggle to keep his erection from showing when his hair was dishevled and his eyes were needy. He had tried everything but jumping him while he was sleeping. And at this point he was about ready to try that.

Since that day a year ago, with the meeting of the humans and dragons, Zan had been living in the palace.

"Zan, have you seen my sword?" Terrin asked, as he fastened his sheath to his side.

"Yes." Zan said. Terrin hadn't looked up since he walked into Zan's room.

"Good, why was it in here? I was worried I'd lost it." Terrin said and finally looked up. Seeing a naked Zan with the sword hiding his cock.

"What are you..."

"I'm

sick of playing games, Terrin. You can't deny that you feel the attraction to me. You know we're mates." Zan said, sitting up but keeping himself covered with the weapon.

"What? Zan we're not-"

"Don't deny it, Terrin... Please don't deny it anymore." Terrin saw the tears falling from his eyes.

"Zan...are you...crying?"

"It hurts... It hurts so bad when you say I'm not you're mate. That we're just friends. You may as well be cutting my wings clean off, I feel like I'm falling so fast I don't have time to catch myself." Zan admitted.

"Zan...I never meant-..." Terrin was at a loss for words.

"I know you didn't mean to hurt me, but you did. I feel it, so I know you do too. I just don't know why you fight it." Zan said, tears slowing.

"Because, my kingdom needs me. They need me to be strong, for them. I can't-...we can't...."

"But we can!" Zan stood up and pinned Terrin to the wall, sword forgotten.

"No-...They're relying on us to....to-"

"To show them that humans and

dragons can live together, peacefully. And what better way to show that than to show a mated pair. Two species, together...perfectly." Zan's lips grew closer and closer until he could feel Terrin's breath on his lips. Their lips met and their tongues danced. Terrin sighed and Zan kissed his neck needily.

"Zan, I've wanted you for so long..." Terrin finally admitted it.

"I know." Zan kissed his collarbone. "Do you have somewhere to be?"

"Yes." Terrin nodded, trying to keep from falling into his trance. "I....A generals meets....My-...Uh...." Terrin couldn't focus with Zan nibbling at his chest. His tunic got in the way, but not for long. Zan shifted his hands and ripped the shirt away

with his claws. The long nails brushed against his nipples and he moaned.

"The head of the guard can take care of it? Can't he?" Zan asked. Terrin nodded quickly.

"Yes, yes he can..." Terrin ran his hands up Zan's bare torso.

"Good." Zan mumbled, with his mouth full of Terrin's right nipple.

"Oh gods..." Terrin nearly collapsed. Zan scooped him up and

carried him over to the bed. He placed Terrin down on the silk bedspread that was reserved for royalty. He laid him down and ripped the rest of his clothes off quickly.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this, for my mate. To feel this..." Zan moaned and bit into Terrin's shoulder.

"Oh gods...Please..." Terrin groaned.

"Do you want me?" Zan

asked.

"I do, I want you so bad!" Terrin squirmed under Zan's hard body.

"Say it again." Zan smiled.

"I want you so bad, Zan." Terrin repeated.

"Oh god, say my name again!" Zan begged. He ran his hands up and down Terrin's body. His fingers landed on his round ass.

"Touch me..." Terrin begged quietly. Zan spread his round globes and brushed his fingers against his tight hole.

"So good..." Zan smiled. Terrin pressed back onto his fingers and two digits slipped in. Terrin moaned and Zan began working his ass with his fingers, stretching him gently.

"Zan, I love you so much." Terrin moaned.

"I love you too, Terrin." Zan kissed his way down his chest. he got to the hardened length of his mate and licked at the head. Terrin bit his lip and Zan smiled at the sight. He swallowed as much of the thick cock that he could and was pleased when he was rewarded with warm precum.

"Mmm, you taste fantastic." Zan grinned.

"I want to taste you." Terrin

put a hand on his chest. Zan moved and removed his fingers so that Terrin could reach his own hard cock. They moved so that they could both reach each other and Zan could still play with Terrin's ass. Soon, Terrin's ass was stretched well and Zan's cock was lubed up with Terrin's spit.

"Terrin, let me take you. Please...I can make you feel so good." Zan kissed his cock lovingly.

"Do it, Zan. Please." Terrin sat up and kissed Zan lovingly. Zan kissed him back, sharing the taste of his hard cock with him, before putting Terrin under his muscled body. He lined his cock up with Terrin's tight hole and pushed. Terrin moaned as the thick cock slid into him. There was no pain, only mind numbing pleasure. Terrin nearly blacked out from pure pleasure as Zan pumped into him. He grabbed his shoulders and moaned into his neck as he was filled.

"I never knew it could feel this good." He groaned.

"It'll get even better, Terrin." Zan whispered in his ear. He thrust once more and hit the perfect spot, causing his lover to see spots. Terrin moaned and tightened his legs around Zan's hips. Zan felt his lover tense and his own body clunch as his orgasm grew closer.

Gweall
Gweall
900 Followers