All Comments on 'The Divine Gambit Ch. 03'

by Kemmers

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Blacksword404Blacksword4047 months ago

I'm loving how the story is going. I hope it doesn't become one of those great stories that never get finished.

herpleasurenismine27herpleasurenismine277 months ago

Very curious about the main story and how James will grow into his future role. But I'm also interested in his future experiences with Sam.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Devleoping superbly. But Blacksword404 has to stop jinxing this tale. I have wasted too much time over the past few years with great stories that stop abruptly.

LeakyFaucitLeakyFaucit7 months ago

Lets ensure this doesn't follow toooooo closely to the Purple Dragon story at the farm, the mean /yet fair seat, the female familiar protected (not with the living dragon tattoo), the Vampire 'helper', no trips to the Moon with the nerdy heffer.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

@LeakyFaucit, you mean "Endangered" series or something else? Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story, love the writing.

Dark_RavenDark_Raven5 months ago

Loving the story so far. Although I'm quite disappointed with how much of a pushover the main character seems to be. I was hoping for quite a bit more pushback against the Queens wishes. I was pondering the upcoming meeting as I imagined myself in the back of the car for the 6 hour drive to Philly. My thoughts were mostly on "must swear fealty" and having no clue about the magical world, but being forced to sign documents in blood. I think a more realistic reaction (for myself) would be to tell the Queen that I'm undecided yet if I even want to stay in her jurisdiction. The story (so far) paints the MC as kind of a wimp that will go along with whatever is asked of him.

onecuriousreaderonecuriousreaderabout 2 months ago

this seems to be another story of a push over given power.. a push over who wants to be kind, but confuses kindness with harmless.. who denies themselves to be what they see as being appeasing, when its really them showing their lack of a back bone.. these kinds of stories have their highlight when the main character gets crushed under the weight of their stupidity holding onto ideals that make them weak, incompetent, and ineffective, in their desire to project that they are a good person, when in reality they are a weak person who hides behind the hope that they are atleast good. there only saving grace is the power they were given.. not earned.. which makes them unlikable to say the least.. and that power is the only reason to keep reading to see if they will gain some character growth.. as they strip the confines of what they think is humanity from themselves as develop a fitting personality to the world they discover themselves in. I don't see that happening here though.. I got the feeling the author is going to stretch out the idea that a good dragon.. is one that is under the control of a pathetic human that wants to be good, but causes more harm through being weak.. controllable, and showing moments of toothless aggression..

ClearmuseClearmuse6 days ago

Still enjoying this, and while I see why folk might compare to Endangered, this is it's own story. There's nothing new under the sun and yet new stories all the time. Let's celebrate more great stuff to read!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKemmers@Kemmers
Writing, slowly. ========== 1 Apr 2024: 17 uploaded today — hopefully it will pass through the system and be available soon. 23 Dec 2023: 12 submitted. For those of you who have left comments of distaste on James' disposition, I would say that chapters 11, 12, and 13 are a t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES