The Divine Gambit Ch. 07

Story Info
7. Meetings New and Old.
10.5k words
4.83
5.2k
11

Part 7 of the 17 part series

Updated 04/03/2024
Created 10/03/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kemmers
Kemmers
357 Followers

7. Meetings New and Old

I was startled from my sleep much earlier than my body wanted. I jumped and jerked sharply as a voice from the doorway intruded on my slumber.

"James? Beth? Mom's done with her shower, and Evgenia's in the other bathroom. Now would be the time if you wanted to wash up this morning." Sam softly advised, her head illuminated by the light in the hallway.

My mind was still firmly asleep, so the only possible answer I could give was, "What?"

Beth was clearly more conscious than I was, as she responded more appropriately, "Thanks, Sam. We'll be up in a minute."

Beth rolled over and out of my arms and pulled my wrist as she edged off the bed. "C'mon, sleepyhead, you heard her. We need to get up and get you ready for your big reveal."

I groggily allowed her to pull me to my feet. I squinted my eyes and saw that the clock on the desk read 6:15. I grumbled that it was too early as I grabbed a clean pair of boxers and made my way to the bathroom.

Logically, I knew that 6:15 wasn't actually all that early. I had spent the previous weeks on my school schedule, and since my first classes were after noon, I would typically still have several hours of sleeping left. On top of that, I had a whirlwind weekend and an insane Monday that left me reeling and mentally exhausted. I wouldn't ever be going to my classes again. My trepidations over joining the workforce and running the career ladder rat race were over, replaced with things I had no comprehension of. How was I supposed to care for Beth when I had no idea how to care for myself in this new world I had been dropped into?

I stumbled into the bathroom, doing my best zombie imitation as I turned the water on, carefully tested it, and found my desired temperature. Before I had a chance to step into the falling water, Beth slipped through the shower curtain in front of me. She tested the water, adjusted the handle slightly, and turned to me. She then forcefully pulled me into the steaming water, making me wince in shock, before gripping my neck and pulling my face to hers. The kiss she gave me had me forgetting all about the burning sensation the water left on my skin.

When she finally withdrew her lips from mine, all I could utter was, "Wow."

She sternly met my eyes and said, "Every morning. Every morning you wake up with doubts. You need to knock that off. Are you awake now?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, those must be uncomfortable to have shared with you."

Beth sighed exasperatedly and said, "That's not the issue. Don't apologize to me for having doubts. We just need to get you to believe in yourself more." She kissed me again, even more fiercely than before. "Now, we didn't get to play last night, and I imagine you'll be tired after your physical evaluation tonight."

With that, she turned around, placed her hands on the wall, and arched her back. She turned her head around and wiggled her cute, tight behind at me.

"Is there something I could interest you in, sir?"

There certainly was, as she managed to stoke my fires intensely. Just moments ago, I had been lost in the fog of my own insecurities, but now I was firmly fixated on the teasing trollop in front of me.

Unfortunately, the experience of shower intimacy with Beth was entirely unrewarding. Being more than a foot taller than her was manageable while we had a bed to use, but it made standing penetration awkward and exhausting. The shower was modern, sleek, minimalist, and unsuitable for dalliances by design. I probably could have simply picked her up, but trusting my footing alone in the slippery shower felt foolishly optimistic. There was no ledge for her to lean a foot on to change the penetration angle, and I hadn't completely adjusted to being taller than I was a week ago, leaving me disinclined to try anything more acrobatic.

After trying several different positions and finding none of them overly satisfying, I abandoned the idea of actually having sex in the shower. I pulled Beth into my body and ground my dick against her ass, using my hands to play with her. Our growing connection was a massive boon, as I could instantly tell where she needed me to touch and what she would like. I read her emotions like a treasure map, stirring her slit with my fingers while torturing her nipples and kneading her breast with my other hand, her mind guiding my touch exactly where she required it.

In only a handful of minutes, she went from being in control and provoking me to a little puddle intoxicated with lust. From the handful of coherent thoughts she produced, I could sense that my unwavering and borderline-aggressive demeanor was specifically what she wanted. Having experienced the dragon leaking through my control the other night, she wanted nothing more than to be ravaged by him again, knowing the human James would return to care for her afterward. She wanted to be wanted -- to be used as a vehicle for my pleasure -- because she could innately know I wouldn't push beyond her boundaries. It let her be out of control while still being safe.

When she finally exploded in ecstasy and wailed unintelligibly, turning her head to writhe against my chest, I was glad to already have my arms around her. Her knees buckled underneath her, and my grasp on her quivering quim was the only reason she remained standing. I withdrew my fingers from her insides and gently caressed her stomach while I waited for her blissed-out mind to return to reality. Another minute passed with only the sounds of the running water and her soft whimpers before she shivered and shook her head, her thoughts growing sharper and more coherent.

"James, I don't think we need to worry about biting anymore. God, even when we have what should be a bad time, you make me cum so hard I lose my mind." She paused momentarily to bask in the potent afterglow, letting out a contented sigh as she leaned into me.

She must have felt my still firm erection against her back because she turned in surprise and said, "Wait, you didn't... I was trying to get you off before our busy day, and somehow you completely flipped the script on me."

She reached down and began to stroke me, but I gently removed her hand, explaining, "We used up enough time trying to figure out how to have sex, to no avail. We need to shower and get ready to go out."

Beth gave me a pouting face and tried to apologize. I insisted that I was perfectly content with just helping her, and we eventually got around to actually showering. She happily leaned against me and drifted off into the sensual abyss again while I massaged her head and shoulders and washed her hair.

As we neared the conclusion of our shower, Cynthia knocked on the door and shouted into the bathroom that breakfast was ready and that we needed to stop playing to be on time for my appointment. Beth and I stepped out of the shower and dried off, both of us donning lazy, relaxing clothes. If we were going to get tailored outfits, there was no reason to dress up now. I also wanted to bring the shorts and tank top I wore to go straight to the second meeting.

Joining the others in the dining room, I saw the clock on the microwave say it was now after seven. I didn't realize we had spent quite that long in the bathroom and was embarrassed at just how obvious it was how Beth and I had spent that time, made doubtless by Beth's longing looks and vacant smile. Cynthia had made eggs, bacon, and toast for everyone, and they had already started eating at the table. Beth and I served ourselves and joined them.

I asked a question as I sat down. "So, Evgenia, you said you know the person we're going to see. Are you close to them, or just casually know them? Sorry if that's too personal. I'm really just a bit nervous and would like to know more about what I'm doing today."

She nodded in understanding and answered, "It's not a problem. Marjorie is a witch who specializes in clothing and other textile enchantments, and she runs a little boutique on Frankford. I had her handle all of my professional garments. When I first came to Philly, I lived with her for a while. She's lovely and really helped me acclimate here."

"I appreciate you making the arrangements for us. It's wonderful to not be scrambling or to have been completely ignorant and have given a terrible public impression."

Evgenia smiled softly at the praise, but her response diminished her foresight, "It was nothing, James. It's my job to help you this way."

We finished our breakfast and then made our way out of the apartment and down to the street. We took the subway, as Evgenia said there was a station only a few blocks from our destination. True to her word, we only walked a block through the bustling morning crowds before being guided into an elegant entranceway. The front lights were off, and the open sign was unlit, but I knew we had an appointment for just a few minutes. Evgenia called out as we entered, "Marge! I have a treat for you."

A rosy, diminutive woman appeared from between rolls of fabric and made her way over to us. I watched as she appraised each of us, her eyes slowly rolling before bouncing to the next person. She was professional yet disarming in a caring, maternal manner. I assumed she was simply contemplating initial ideas for how to provide services for each of us.

"Zenya, darling, it's lovely to see you. I hope you'll tell me you're in town next time, even if it's not for work."

While the two women hugged and caught up, and Evgenia began to explain what she was after in bringing us here, I had an idea. I whispered conspiratorially to Cynthia, "Evgenia said she was a witch, right?"

Cynthia whispered back, "Yes. Why?"

"Just curious." I didn't want to set any expectations about what I would try. After all, it might not work.

Eventually, Marjorie came to address the rest of our group. "So, we need dresses for the three ladies and something dashing for the gentleman, yes?"

"I count four ladies in need."

Evgenia jumped to the conclusion of what I was suggesting and started declining immediately, "Oh, I don't need anything. It's you all who need to make your first impressions; the court knows who I am."

There was an easy way to nip this in the bud. I met her pale eyes with my own and said, "Evgenia, I would like you to find something that would please you to wear to court today."

She opened her mouth to object again, but nothing came out. She had signed her soul to follow my instructions to the letter. I felt awful going about it like this and almost immediately wished I had found a more tactful solution, but I had already committed to this pathway, so I pressed on.

"So, Miss Marjorie. I count four ladies in need. I have a question to ask, though, which might be a bit of a faux pas. Unfortunately, I am a newcomer here and not fully integrated with the local customs or sure of exactly where I stand in them. Do you use gems to store energy as a part of your work here?"

She seemed confused about what I wanted but nodded affirmatively to my question.

"Wonderful. Do you happen to have any depleted ones at hand?"

Mary uncomfortably shifted her balance, contemplating before answering me. "I have a couple in the back, but they've been in my family for generations. I don't wish to part with them."

She must've presumed I was looking to purchase them. "Could I hold them while we shop today?"

She looked increasingly uncomfortable, and she looked to Evgenia. Unfortunately, the vampire's face was completely neutral, and Mary found no answers there.

As I had with Marcus and Sam yesterday, I reached out with my mind and collected some energy. Imbuing my words, I proclaimed, "I promise they will be returned before we leave today." Sam, Marjorie, and Evgenia shivered as my words passed through the room, and Cynthia looked at me with surprise written cleanly on her face. Marjorie acquiesced with that and walked away for a minute.

Evgenia hissed at me, "What are you doing? Those are personal. And what incantation did you just cast?"

I nearly facepalmed in regret. Evgenia wasn't in the car when I had recharged the O'Brien's gems, and it must've slipped through our discussion when I gave her my story, so she had no inkling of what I wanted to do.

"Oh, Ev, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you this, but I'm trying something. I have no malicious intentions for them -- You should know that I don't know enough to do anything nefarious here. Relax, and try to enjoy yourself. I'm sorry to have to force you into it, but I don't think you would otherwise."

Marjorie returned and brought with her a drawstring bag. She hesitated when she went to hand them to me and took a deep breath before releasing them to my care. I opened it and inside found a dozen and a half gemstones of varying sizes and colors. I reached in and grasped the largest one, a deep maroon stone nearing the size of a softball. The shopkeeper watched me, her heart in her throat, as I handled some of her most prized possessions. I simply smiled at her and returned it to the bag. Nervously she stepped away from me and began assigning assistants and dressing rooms to each of us.

The next ninety minutes were a blur as Marjorie and her assistants took each of us and gathered measurements before leading us individually to fitting rooms. I presumed I would be the simplest as a guy, and I was given a pair of slacks and a silk shirt. After I had donned them, Marjorie manipulated the fabric in specific locations. It seemed to leap to her touch and then move on my body, changing the cut and fit of the garment as she silently instructed it around me. It was the most engaging tailoring experience I ever had, not that there had been many.

A sports coat and a pair of shoes found their way onto me and were likewise manipulated. I did not recognize the man looking back at me from the mirror when the tailors finished. Four days ago, I was a college student lost between his computer monitor and his notebooks, a wardrobe consisting of athletic shorts, tank tops, band t-shirts, and pullover hoodies. The man before me looked like an executive at a wall street firm, sharp and confident. The dragon smugly reassured me that we were much more important than a simple businessman and that, soon, I would be as dauntless as I looked.

I was escorted back to the waiting room and given a discrete, unmarked bag containing my old clothes. Over the next few minutes, my companions were returned to me individually. Sam was first, her new green gown flowing around her intricately and complimenting her curves. The color contrasted with her hair, making her impossible to ignore. She was overjoyed when she returned to the room and delicately approached me to gush over the entire experience.

Beth returned to us next, wearing a form-fitting, bright pink dress. It left nothing to the imagination, and you could see that there wasn't an ounce of fat on her under the clothes. She came up to me, grasped my hands, and kissed me. She could've convinced me with a single word if she had wanted me there, our emotions blurring and mixing and joining into a feedback loop. I was enraptured and astounded at just how much more alive she seemed than on our first day.

Cynthia came next in a clean, maroon wrap gown. It was neither as fanciful or majestic as Sam's nor as titillating and exhilarating as Beth's. Cynthia wore it with grace and class befitting her, keeping herself out of the limelight, hiding the true depths of her character from view.

Finally, both Marjorie and Evgenia returned to us. Evgenia was wearing a full-length black gown, and the contrast with her pristine skin was impressive. She appeared almost regal, an unattainable thing you would only observe in paintings as you passed through the halls of a faraway kingdom, presumably embellished to make the picture more appealing.

Marjorie came cautiously to me and quietly pulled me off to the side as my companions were caught up in comparing and contrasting their dresses. She had done an excellent job highlighting them in distinct ways, dressing them all wonderfully while highlighting their individual traits.

"So, Mr. James, shall we discuss payment?"

"I've got to be honest, Marjorie, that might take some discussion, and I'm sorry about not being upfront. I have no idea the value you've provided me today, and I have no real idea of the value of my own labor. I had asked for these for a reason, though, and I hoped we could start there," I said, offering her the bag of her gemstones back.

She furrowed her brow and tentatively took her belongings back. She started to open the bag while looking at my face and then looked into the bag when I gave nothing away. Her eyes tried to jump out of her head when she saw the contents.

"You filled all of them? What? How is this even possible?" Her eyes snapped back at me for answers. I shrugged, being no better informed than she was.

"I thought it might be useful. I don't really know what else to offer, but I knew I could do that. I had hoped that would be a good starting point."

She pulled out the gem I had started with, the largest of the bunch. Instead of the dreary maroon, it was now a piercing scarlet. The rough edges were polished and smooth, the newly glossy surface reflecting the lights in the room. She looked it over and ran her fingers along its edges, her eyes occasionally bouncing back to me. "Who are you?" she practically whispered.

"James. Sam and Beth have taken to calling me J, and I'm not sure I like it. I'll live with it, I guess, since it makes them happy." I paused briefly, reigning in my playfully obtuse answer, before continuing with an actual question. "So, I'm hoping you could help me out here. I don't know where that puts us in terms of payment."

Marjorie looked at me with confusion etched on her features. "I don't think I can match this. The big one would've covered most of it. Knowing you could charge that one alone in an hour, I would've called fair for all of it. It's so hard to find anyone willing to fill them as fast as I can use them. It takes a lot to make my off-the-shelf garments self-repairing and self-cleaning, and that's ignoring specific requests entirely."

I guess my idea had been decent enough, then. I cautiously offered, "So, we're even?"

She stammered back, "Not close to even. I just told you one of these was fair for it. You did twenty of them."

"As long as I'm not shorting you."

She nodded and took the bag to the back. When she returned, I thanked her again. She didn't have words and simply hugged Evgenia before waving goodbye. The vampire led us back to the busy streets and hailed a cab. The five of us piled in snugly, and Evgenia gave the cabbie an address. It was time to make our appearance at the court.

~*~*~

The cab traveled through the city, eventually parking in front of the building where we had dinner the night before. I paid the cabbie through a phone app connected to the bank account I had been given.

We made our way up to the building and inside, and Evgenia guided us to the courtroom. I immediately found the church analogy accurate. The room we entered was somewhere between a theater and a church, with large benches lining the room in two groups and an aisle running through the center. There were balconies along the sides and the back of the room from a second floor with small groups of people watching the proceedings. Aisling was at the front of the room, sitting at a long table with several other people I didn't recognize. They were listening to a man speak, the only other person standing in the room, as he complained that something had been stolen from him.

Evgenia led us to an almost empty bench, and I found myself wedged between Cynthia and her, struggling to get my newly elongated legs to fit comfortably in the seating. I simply observed as the man continued discussing how he had been wronged, but Evgenia began whispering to me and identifying other prominent people. Aisling had seen us enter, and she caught my eyes at one point before returning to listening to the man soliciting her judgement.

Kemmers
Kemmers
357 Followers