The Divine Gambit Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, we're definitely not naturally culinaromancers," she responded, her eyes shifting around guiltily.

"But?" I asked.

"But, with James' magic being a cheat code for life and letting me be proficient at everything, I might have tried some stuff on these. I kind of wanted to help you cook for Mom when she gets back. I miss having her around. I only really noticed now that she's gone, but, if we're getting second chances here, I'd like one with my mom. Not to sound ungrateful about getting real magic or finding out I could be with the man I loved or that he's actually super powerful and yet for some reason still wants me to be around, but..."

Beth interrupted her, "Sam, sweetie, we get it. Having your mom as a mom is great. Especially if it means you get to take her recipes and make them magical."

I nodded, "I think that's a fine goal, Sam."

She nibbled on a brownie herself and then said, "Oh, fuck. That is really good. Damn. I was hoping you guys were just being supportive."

I furrowed my brow in confusion over her words, asking, "Why would that be a bad thing, Sam?"

She sighed, "Because now I have to cook everything, too. Or at least help. Otherwise, I will be innately disappointed with everything I eat, you know? Just knowing that there was another level of deliciousness possible if I simply helped out will ruin everything I eat from now on."

Beth and I giggled as Sam glumly ate her delicious desserts. When we finished, she put the tray back in the kitchen, returning to join us for bed.

In the darkness, she whispered to me, "I don't want to judge Beth for what she wants, and to be honest, I'm not sure you went far enough for her, but I don't want what you did tonight."

I pulled her tightly against me and whispered, "That's perfect, Sam. You took a chance, tried something, and decided you didn't like it. What you want is something I want, too. We'll figure out exactly what we want together, just as Beth and I are going to find exactly what the two of us want."

As she relaxed beside me, mirroring Beth in snuggling against my shoulder, she capped off my night by whispering, "God, James, I love you so much."