All Comments on 'The Divorce Lawyer'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

5* This is a very interesting approach to the LW tropes and it works well. You write very well and your characters feel real, you made me sympathise with him and his clients (and Jimmy). You tell me just enough for your plot to work (that is praise). Thank you for posting it.

other2other1other2other19 months ago

Loved this, looking at things from the other side of the table, and it was good news too, a deserved reconciliation in the mix.

Well done!

A_BierceA_Bierce9 months ago

With nothing more than words, you achieved the improbable: Portrayed an honest, caring, lawyer who earned our respect. As o2o1 said, well done.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith9 months ago

Good one. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ArdieffArdieff9 months ago

Sweet and nice to read something optimistic ;-)

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuy9 months ago

Dry nicely done! Characters come across as real people, and the protagonist was portrayed as very human.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey9 months ago

For a moment I thought I was reading about Mickey Haller, the Lincoln Lawyer spin-off novels from Michael Connelly’s Harry Bosch series. I don’t know if criminal defense attorneys are higher or lower on the rungs than family lawyers, but the same dynamic seems to rule - dealing with scumbags and ugly circumstances so that occasionally - seldomly even - you feel like you did right by someone who was truly deserving and in need of a white knight. Harry’s and Marie’s romance after the fact was a nice dollop of whipped cream on the cake. A gratifying story and enjoyable story. Thanks much.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft9 months ago

Good read. 5⭐️

MattblackUKMattblackUK9 months ago

That was a great read. I think I'd like to read more about the protagonist and also about Jimmy. 5*.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter9 months ago

This was a really good read, although it did make one wonder about the snake analogy! Harry seems all too human and caring to fit that bill, in fact he reminded me somewhat of my own attorney of the past 50 years, a friend and man of impeccable morals. It would be great to read more of these two lawyers and further insights into their quirky way of solving issues around the law. 5 stars.

BarryJames1952BarryJames19529 months ago

Nice work. Perfect 5* read to kick off the day.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens9 months ago

Very nice! I enjoyed it thoroughly. 5*

MormonJackMormonJack9 months ago

Loved it. And not just out of professional courtesy. 5 stars.

Fun seeing the ranking of attorneys. You didn't get all of the classes of attorneys, and now I wonder where I rank. Oh well.

anubeloreanubelore9 months ago

Did not start this expecting to favorite it. But it was just great, and a refreshing change of pace from many stories with a lot less hope and positivity, and a lot more bleakness and uncertainty about anything but the certainty of suffering and pain. I love a happy ending. Especially an unexpected, and almost unalloyed one, that's not saccharine, but thoroughly satisfying. Thanks.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

What's not to love, great story, great characters and a much different view of the divorce proceedings. Not too shabby of a happy ending either, for all, even the Bob's cheating ex-wife. Well, she did get to run off with her lover, for however long that lasts.

JbRobertssonJbRobertsson9 months ago

Great story. It didn't sound all that interesting, I only read it because of the author's reputation. I'm glad I did though, because it was very entertaining. 5 stars, thanks for posting.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode669 months ago

I liked this story a lot! 5 stars.

Ranger001Ranger0019 months ago

...some hijackings were meant to be!

Thanks

FireFox59FireFox599 months ago

Enjoyed it. Now cue the Literotica lawyer brigade to tell you everything you have wrong. 🤣

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Daughter does family law. I hear 'blind' stories about her clients. The practice does pro bono work. There are good lawyers out there. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

There should be a multiplier because this story is 5x5. Stellar characterizations all around. The young, estranged couple while given relatively brief appearances are well defined. The relationship between our mc and Jimmy is just priceless as an example of true friendship. This is without doubt one of my all time favorites. That's saying something as I am a devotee of harsh, even brutal btb. The story was so good I didn't miss hearing about the destruction of Bob's cheating, slut wife.

012Say012Say9 months ago

5 from me, I would like more of both attorneys, particularly with less than honorable clients for one or both.

MwestohioMwestohio9 months ago

Enjoyable. And potential for follow ons

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

So glad I remembered to check my favorite author page today and saw this gem. (Normally troll the LW and Romance genre.) This one felt "real" from start to finish. I truly can't imagine practicing family law and what they go through. Not too unlike what law enforcement sees day in and day out - human failures. 5.0*

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months agoAuthor

@MormonJack and others - I knew when I made that ranking I'd offend some folks and I was hoping for forgiveness. I wanted to create the sense that the MC didn't feel that he'd achieved what he set out to be, but was doing good on a small scale when he could. That probably describes all of us at some point. No offense intended to anyone. The simple truth is that when you need a lawyer, you want a good one. My ranking was meant to be nothing more than a tool to tell the story.

UnassignedUnassigned9 months ago

Very nice! I hope that Harry, Esq. has some more cases that he'd like to share with us.

Omart57Omart579 months ago

Well, Hell! I loved this one, J_W! Good story, Thanks for posting!

Regguy69Regguy699 months ago

Good one! New look at a major part of most stories on LW.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit9 months ago

Oddly, it’s about a lawyer AND it’s a solid feel good story. Nicely done.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

Agreed. A good solid story which involves cheating but still has good feels and good ending for all concerned. Honest honorable lawyers (especially family ones) seem to be a rarity, and it is great that the author picked not one but two as characters. Thanks, and 5 stars for both the effort and the result.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteele9 months ago

Well done.

You're right. The characters often hijack the story, often making it better. That was certainly true in this case.

l just wish I could maintain more control over mine.

J6480J64809 months ago

Nice one mate, a story with a good feeling about a lawyer. A tough ask anytime

Q, what do you call 1,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean. A, a good start

KTD2020KTD20209 months ago

This gave a positive boost to my day! The two lawyers finally losing it with their clients was the best part! We’ve all wanted to smack some sense into someone at one time or another. I’ve always wondered how many divorces could have been avoided if the couple stopped to think and talk for a moment. Thanks for sharing this story!

mac1729mac17299 months ago

Good story. Lawyers always have the best lawyer jokes

Thans for writing

greenday0418greenday04189 months ago

Nice and totally unique. 5*

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ9 months ago

I like it. Thanks

PierremanvisPierremanvis9 months ago

Very , very nice. Wonderful crisp dialogue. Many thanks

WellplayedsirWellplayedsir9 months ago

A really good story, And really good writing, renews my faith in literotica. Well Done Sir

Freddog6601Freddog66019 months ago

Nice, no very nice story. I heartily agree with the other posters about the quality of this story.

Quite enjoyable. Thank you.

JJ1961JJ19619 months ago

Well done. Excellent story and different from the usual. Like others I would like to read more about this lawyer.

mainer42mainer429 months ago

more from this MC please

69gman69gman9 months ago

All five stars turned golden...

First lawyers I ever appreciated and well written as always. Thank you for sharing.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

J-W is the only author that I follow out of LW, and I do it for stories like this. No one tells a story as concisely and completely, with no unnecessary filling, as Just_Words.

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

5 stars - this story was a great idea and I like it.

Please write more like this one.

Have a nice day.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A fantastic story. Gave it a well deserved 5. You actually made lawyers seem likeable, and that's hard to do. It was a very realistic tale.

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Damn good story! I wish others wrote as well as you. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well that was outstanding a!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

as always - very good. five stars

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol9 months ago

I really appreciated this. Thank you.

-

It was good to see this story, from a lawyers perspective. Well done!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Something new under the sun! Good job!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill699 months ago

Really enjoyed this one.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To all you potential Bob's out there; Condonation, look it up.

I'm sure many, most?, lawyers are good people but I still think there are too many of them finagling with stuff so they can justify their existence and pay off their school debts.

Story's definitely worthy of ☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks J_W

McMahonSMcMahonS9 months ago

A welcome story that recognizes there are lawyers that strive for truth and justice.

RiverMayaRiverMaya9 months ago

☆☆☆☆☆

lover1953lover19539 months ago

5Stars. Good story.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi41049 months ago

Good story, liked the MC. Not all lawyers are terrible.

CaptFlintCaptFlint9 months ago

Well done. Thank you.

chytownchytown9 months ago

*****Good read. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I like this version much better than what you had originally in mind. Thanks!

TrambakTrambak9 months ago

Masterly. Full of empathy.

5

fritz51fritz518 months ago

Absolutely a great tale *****

OilcanjonOilcanjon8 months ago

Thank you. There is enough evil in the world, I like happy endings in my leisure.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

I like the story it became. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

If you need a little hope in the middle of a dreary world, read this story.

The Hoary Cleric

DistantConstellationDistantConstellation8 months ago

Thank you for letting the story hijack itself. This was a joy.

KirkelKirkel8 months ago

This looks is one of the best

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

One of the best I have read.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just Words? Just brilliant! I don't know how you keep delivering again and again but I sure hope you're not planning to stop anytime soon! Definite fiver!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Have a good friend who's a retired family law attorney. Over the years, I met and heard about couples whose marriages he had saved. Apparently, sometimes it's even middle aged people who act like your teenagers.

Ocker53Ocker535 months ago

Once again a great story from an exceptional great writer⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

“Flirting is a lie to every man who thinks you might be available when you're not. It's humiliating to your husband and it's degrading to you.“

Awesome! It’s good to have this spelled out so clearly!!!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent story. I hope if I ever need one I get a lawyer like those two. BardnotBard

jmmj5jmmj53 months ago

Like it. I'm glad you published the hijacked version.

but then I like happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good stuff. Wouldn't you rather though cut a deal with the employer to NOT fire the wife until after the divorce? No alimony or little. Of course if firing Mr Boss and him getting bit in a divorce causes him to flee the city (as it did) and she voluntarily leaves to be with him (lol stupid bitch), resigning her job and eschewing child support and custody, then she really is that stupi and enamored with Mr Boss. Their relationship won't survive long.

And yes men or women who flirt are something like 450% more likely to cheat in large psych studies. That means good luck if you decide to get engaged or marry someone who flirts regularly. If even when only drunk, then better makes sure that your spouse regulates. 5 stars for a creative story.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

How can bright sunshine be brought to a miserable rainy day?

"Somewhere along the way the story got hijacked by the characters and it became something else."

Ans that is why Just Words is a top writer.

The Hoary Cleric

Just_WordsJust_Words17 days agoAuthor

@ The Hoary Cleric - You are too kind. Thank you.

SeaChangerSeaChanger8 days ago

I expected the lawyers to admit at the end that both failed the polygraph test.

5* ... interesting contrast ... fighting spouse wars are more likely in young marriages.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

SIMILAR Stories