All Comments on 'The Domestic Equality War Pt. 02'

by FreddieTheCamel

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

I can't say why really, but I really enjoyed that. Great story Freddie.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

So the lesson here is we just ignore our problems and have sex and hope it all magically works out?

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

loved it! gotta be honest usually on this site part twos crap out but this one sure didnt cant wait for the next installment

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Nice work.

Couple should communicate.

Well written and the couple's. struggle was depicted realisticall by author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good one, it shows nicely how different ways of thinking can lead to similar results. Well crafted story. If it isn't the household chores, it could be something else causing a rift in a marriage. There was some illogic behaviour on both parts but this is actually what the whole story is about: explaining irrational behaviour by rational thinking..... Easy 5*

payenbrantpayenbrantover 2 years ago

Very good ending. Communication was so good in this. Two people not knowing how to speak the problem and finally getting it. Not perfectly understanding it but getting closer to what it is. Loved it.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not sure why this is on this category but a nice work. I feel the reality. I had similar situation but the sex was rare and never fixed anything so it became just sex and no love.

FljimFljimover 2 years ago
Different

But well done!

ayerollerayerollerover 2 years ago

Very engaging read. I really enjoyed how you got the reader into the minds of Becky and Bryan. Now that the light bulbs are starting to flicker to life for each, I hope for a next part for them to grow together. Well written, enjoyed every word. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She was an idiot. But it's sad to watch. She was brainwashed by society to have double standards, and treat men like lesser beings.

He is stupid, but not an idiot. His stupidity isn't malicious like hers is. He too was brainwashed by society to be a SIMP.

They communicated over and over again. Eventually they let their instincts do the talking. Men and women will never be equal. But it was never a competition. It was always a partnership. And while it's fine to occasionally switch roles when one party is sick/tired/depressed/ect.....they have very different roles. His role was always to be a stoic rock and support. He does crisis management best, and provides almost inhuman and unending support. She does daily management best, and provides inhuman and almost unending nurturing. A man's love is more physical. His strength is outward. A woman's love is more thoughtful, her strength is more inward.

It's really some basic bitch yin-yang stuff. But people are more interested in the 'pretty Chinese circle' than the meaning behind it. Culture is almost dead. But the centuries of wisdom isn't gone, it's just not gonna be spoon fed to the youth anymore. Adults and kids were too busy with vapid bullshit than to be part of the cycle of wisdom passing from generation to generation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The lesson told by this excellent story was important: a successful marriage require each partner to always be EAGER to do MORE than 50% of the “work” required. Always. When this is the state of play, a marriage will ALWAYS have enough love bouncing around the environment to carry it thru the tough and difficult times.

.

Bryan figured this out. Becky “appeared to”….but there was a lingering doubt. Her “ego” seemed to be a lot more persistent 😈

.

4 strong ****

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Good story. I can see why you ended it this way, but if felt like we hit a wall. VERY good dialogue inside the MCs' heads. You proved your initial point about, and did it in an entertaining manner! Loved it! 5++++++++++++/5!!!

OneBallBiggerOneBallBiggerover 2 years ago

I think the point here is that she’s started listening to her gut instincts instead of the nattering voices of society in her head. Although I see this is the end of this story, I’d rather enjoy seeing where this family’s life goes from here.

This was a thought provoking and enjoyable read for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Becky is a controlling bitch and Bryan would be gone if not for their daughter. At least there was a glimmer of hope at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If he’s that angry that he wants to kill her and he literally got a rock solid erection just thinking about it…Becky needs to divorce him and file a restraining order. He’s going to kill her and probably their daughter.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 2 years ago

Midway through page one I could sense a tsunami of crap threatening to envelope the story, but you had a really lovely sense of how interpersonal dynamics can work in a relationship. A relationship CAN be a melding of two; our egos have to know their place as partners in the psyches not as rulers. I loved the leaps of faith both had to make. Mary Oliver says it well in Wild Geese … ‘You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.” It is amazing how those little cries, harsh and inviting, announce our place in the family of things. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fucking Bitch needs to get help, him to, or get out.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

I really liked it and in some ways it reflected a situation many of your readers can relate directly to. Only downside is this chapter seems to end the story but leaves the characters in the same place we started. Maybe a new equilibrium has been established, but no true answers. The Becky here has some serious underlying issues, not just a communication problem between spouses. 4*

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

In the end, I had a hard time with the sexism, "oh he's a man..." I mean, sure, it's easy. But, in the end, a marriage of equals is optimal.

Yeah, it hit a little too close to home...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really liked both your LW submissions. I really wish you'd continue this line and explore MvsF conflicts further on

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Okay, Becky is finally starting to see the light. It sounded to me like Becky was a little OCD when it came to relationships. That and a control freak when it came to her idea of a perfect marriage. Of course Bryan being an engineer isn't really helpful to Becky either. Engineers are very detail oriented, graphing out schedules and sticking strictly to them. Exactly what Bryan did to Becky. I know an engineer like this, his attention to every little detail has caused no end of grief for his wife. Now she just does things her way now and tells him he can do it himself if he doesn't like the way she does something. The recent mental breakthroughs in Becky and Bryan's relationship, combined with Caroline's revelations about household chores, seems to elicited an epiphany for Becky. With her newfound enlightenment, Becky will hopefully be a much better wife, mother and person. TANSTAAFL

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fascinating. The comments reveal how feminized the readers minds are. The MC was a weak, blubbering, needy, low-T SNAG. Equality in marriage? If ever there was an imbecilic, contrary to human nature concept, that's it. At a visceral level, women have a "nesting" instinct and want dominant men. When they get a SNAG they are discontented, generally without knowing why because of the false consciousness about "equality" engendered by feminism. Women want a caring, masculine leader in marriage, and they want to play the role nature has equipped them for. So, authors, keeping trying to virtue signal by repeating drivel about marriage making man and wife "50/50" partners and making your husband characters blubbering "Sensitive, New Age Guys" who are driven by emotions and defective notions of "chivalry" and "children's welfare. You'll just be serving up the "same-old, same-old".

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

Enjoyable story, but if this is the final chapter, there is no real ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, but HOW did he ever marry her????? And did he lose his man card? And where's your ending?

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

Very nice Freddie, good conclusion, they are on their way to a more satisfactory marriage. The last two anon comments nailed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

never happen in real life. a woman this self-absorbed would drive any decent man away in one hour, if she could find one willing to stand her for that long.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

And the end resolution was.....?

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

lol not sure how this scored lower than im a bastard must be a popular thing. i liked it but wasnt as good as this story weird

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting story - but where's the ending?

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Felt a little less engaging than the first part, which I guess is to be expected. It's easier to leave things in a state of tension than to resolve it satisfactorily. That said, I quite like the depiction of their reconciliation. It's just that the grand revelation of 'it's my ego!' felt a little anticlimactic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bryan's character wins the "complete tosser" award for this month. He's just a doormat who'll accept anything after being allowed a shag..... pitiful.

ohioohioover 2 years ago

Great story! Consistently engaging, very well-written, and impossible to predict. The reader has to ride the twists and turns, as these two people struggle to figure out themselves, each other, and their marriage. A wonderful read!

Thanks, ohio

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Not my cup o tea. But well written.

Glad to see the fragile anon men who feel the need to push that facade of being a grunting chest thumping ape are still alive and well. Cant imagine the brainless cave woman he married is all that and a bag of intelligence.

Not that many women really enjoy partnering with knuckle draggers these days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love the writing style, their inner monologues were pretty amusing at times but I honestly thought they were fast tracking towards divorce

Tess (uk)

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 2 years ago

This feels pretty realistic....Bryan is a typical millennial with the heavy indoctrination that says he is automatically an oppressor because he is male can't be anything better. Just icky,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful, realistic story of 2 people learning to become 1. I love the trips and stumbles, how they are both risking vulnerability and trusting enough to let down their guard to give real love a chance. This is the kind of love that make all the cheating stories about betrayal so disgusting, because both of them know exactly how open they needed to be for it to work and how deep that betrayal goes when they cheat.

Wolfden999Wolfden999over 2 years ago

That was excellent writing. Compelling story. The thoughts behind the EGOs was terrific. Very much enjoed it as one of the best i have read in many years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done. In keeping with the house cleaning theme, first the cellar must be mucked out and then the living space can be cleansed. Out with he accumulation of old saws, public opinions, false judgements and in with the sage of purification. Once the ego is identified, the cellar dweller can be dealt with. A very good depiction of that laborious process that, when looked at from above, appears to be an endless going about in circles, but when looked at from the side reveals itself as the progression of a helix turning ever upward. Very enjoyable.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And, no, there is no real ending.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My spouse and I have been married 40+ years. My job can be don over the phone and the hours are flexible, so I can also I watch several grandchildren, 5 days a weeks. My wife is a CPA and works crazy long hours during tax season.

The reason for the success of our relationship is that I cook, do all the yard works and do most of the cleaning. She in turn, loves me to death!!! And I mean that in a good way, wink wink.

For the first 30 years, the roles were reversed. I owned a small construction company and she cooked, cleaned, and fixed the skinned knees and broken hearts of our 3 children.

Never keep score! If you do, all you will ever achieve is “equity “, and then you don’t have a marriage, you have a partnership.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Hmm

Absolute drivel. The characters were weird and not a single normal human emotion between them, Both were psychopaths.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1st installment was interesting and promising. 2nd installment went no place and ride was not even scenic. Quite a disappointment. Two stars.

Becky is rather selfish: her rules apply 100% of the time except when she doesn't apply them to herself.

Brian is just too much of a pussy to say, "Hoover as much as you want. When it my turn to Hoover and I think it needs it then I will be more than happy to Hoover. My turn to provide a meal then I provide what I want. I am providing so I decide."

While there is a lot to be said for "happy wife happy life", but if your life has to be miserable to make her happy then it is obviously not working. Change the program or change wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The male ego is part of being a guy. Should a woman knowingly root for her man to "have a battle with his ego" she either doesn't understand or has thoughts of a cock cage in his future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Its always fun and reassuring to see a partnership succeed. You illustrated their intellectual and emotional joining the way an organic chemist might describe the subatomic dynamics that bring very distinct and different elements into a bond to form incredibly complex compounds. And you included all the heat and binding and breaking and rebinding that ensues until the final product is complete and whole. Delightfully, the reason their marriage might work is because they are struggling and anxious to make it work. The fact that neither party knows the future, despite their very detailed presumptions and biases, adds to the bitter sweet battle to do what they must to make sure They have a future. Marriage is not an action, nor a plan, nor an arrangement. All marriages are experiments, and sometimes experiments fail. But the participants can be as creative and flexible and resourceful as their love and respect and commitment compels them. And sometimes, perhaps many times, despite the personalities and the flaws, a marriage succeeds, like the bumble bee flies, with faith and perseverance, because the stupid insect doesn't know its not supposed to be able to fly.

The inclusion of all the Current psychobabble regarding men and women and relationships adds great color and currency to the story, but take away the modern setting and details and this story could have been written for any age, any culture. I think there is a line to that affect in the title song from Beauty and The Beast. It will always be true.

Congratulations; well done. Thank you for your time, talent, and imagination. It was a worthy effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@SplitGeode66, yes their is no real ending.

That's the whole point, their is never an end to marital ups and downs. The only end is death (divorce). But they're on the right path

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Soon Bryan will sit before his laptop and type:

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

All work and no play make Bryan a dull boy

Now we’re is that fucking axe ….

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like this. Two people are learning how to overcome native selfishness and truly love each other, and I'm glad they look like succeeding.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayover 2 years ago

This pair is one of my favorite stories on literotica. Hands down. Thank you for the good read!

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

Avoided the death of a 1,000 feminist cuts?

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

First part was great. This one... Hmmm... Was disappointing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

As a cautionary tale, it's pretty good. By struggling with his conscience, he means deciding whether or not he's going to be his western wife's bitch. Why a man would want a woman like this is beyond me. Argue it's modern and fair if you like. I'll answer why would a man be interested? It's not like a guy can't get laid anywhere. Why would he want this kind of relationship? What's in it for him? Why bother? Find a woman who insists on treating you like a king and then treat her like gold. She's out there. Keep looking even if you have to go to Nam like my buddy did for his third wife. If there's a man who gets treated better by his wife than my friend, I've never met him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Bottom line, she’s a cunt and he needs to get out before he snaps.

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

Brilliant story of two people _beginning_ to understand what it means to LOVE one another. For the two to become one.

Loved it 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's never been about his ego, but about HERS. What a godawful disappointment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Glad they woke up from wokeness. Indoctrination does not equal education. And community values are useless when they ignore common sense individual human decency. Thanks for the effort.

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

Just like in thousands of other lw stories on lit, it is the mans fault, and hubby neeeds to adjust. This attitude is pervasive as we move to a gynachical,society. Wonder why cuckolding is skyrocketing? Men everywhere are victims of a serious sales and marketing campaign, and physical superiority means nothing. Women are more manipulative,more devious, and have a far st onger support network,upheld by government, courts and society conventions. Welcome to the future . Still waiting for equality where in women register for selective service,women buy hubby an equally expensive ring, and men do not commit suicide at a rate thousands of times higher than women......look it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story and very much, married life frustration with love on both sides mixed with the silly arguments looking for brownie points in the end realisation!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 years ago

A deftly reinterpreted version of GA’s original. The introduction of disrespect and doubt permanently by Becky etal redefined their heretofore fairytale marriage and exposed the true nature of their friend group. The absence of overt infidelity by Becky dictated an (albeit difficult) resolution rather than a cataclysmic dissolution of the family.

.

An apt example of how real life moves us from blind idealism to bitter cynicism, and then necessarily back to acceptant realism.

.

I have not tired of the many and varied interpretations of GA’s original premise.

.

Well done. Thanks much.

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 2 years ago

let her off to easy 3*

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 years ago

Didn't like the second chapter.

Story sentence describes it "He surrendered himself to her madness".

In one word wimp.

His motivation for being this way was not explained.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

1 star - totally opposite of the first part. My marriage experience began as a mutual understanding between to young adults coming to terms with the responsibilities of raising 3 children spaced about 2 years apart. Neither one of us could sit back and watch the other do way more than their fair share.

usaretusaretabout 2 years ago

Good story, but a bit too much psychological.

jocko_smithjocko_smithalmost 2 years ago

'I'm in a fight with my ego.' was the worst part of this chapter, and mostly ruined a series that started so well.

One infuriating acquiescence demonstrates that Bryan is a wimp, because requiring honesty is not an egotistical act.

And a fuck is not a solution -- it's giving in to baser instincts and hedonism and settles nothing. And judging from "She could deal with that later." Becky did not have any epiphany. What a hot mess she is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Interesting story but I still get the feeling that this is unfinished.

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 2 years ago

Women (tend to) crash-test things, men (tend to) fix things. Some husbands fight with angry shouts and bluster, some wives respond with countless cool paper cuts. Someone prevails, no one wins.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Who needs THAT level of aggravation in his life?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed this and your prequel immensely, but separately, because there’s a distance between these characters and those. Possibly there’s a loose chapter in between.

~Spiny

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Relationship divisions of labor are agreed upon compromises... sometimes balanced... sometimes not... but, not dictates and regemental requirements... also, if my wife used sex as a weapon against me that would be the one and last time... the next time would be a division of assets.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Hoovering three times a week wasn't 'the' rule, it was her rule."

She's halfway there.

Knoxhard

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Maybe the self centred bitch began to see reality at the very end, but it is still doubtful. Bryan allowed her to be a dictatorial misanthrope and she felt utterly entitled to dwell in her feminist Nazi cocoon. I do pity the daughter! her father has no backbone and her mother is an arrogant witch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It’s two nude bodies relaxing. Renewing the reason their there.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

too long, no ending or melding of the minds, jobs

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That story could have gone either way. I am glad they sorted things out.

alextasyalextasyabout 1 year ago

What an excellent take on the perennial 'Venus & Mars' conflict.

Great writing, superb characterizations, and hot sex. What more could we want?

Thanks!

=Alextasy

Norway_1705Norway_1705about 1 year ago

The first part was gold. The second is pure disappointment.

Seriously, a clever engineer becomes a brutal chieftain?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
First part was okay....but the second was.....

I have to agree with NORWAY_1705.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A sad story. Even at the end she still didn't believe her husband could have a valid opinion, somebody else had to validate it. They'll eventually divorce or stay together and hate each other.

deependerdeepender5 months ago

So good. So very, very good.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You are an excellent writer of fiction. Thank you. Love how you write about conflict.

Pinto931Pinto9314 months ago

2 stupid people who needed therapy or a least a kick in the ass.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked the series. The fact is, Becky’s a hypocrite and hasn’t recognized it. But also, there are things about which she has a point: vacuuming once a fortnight is too little, no one likes feeling like a nag.

I think there’s something to the idea that women really are better at making a house a home: cleanliness, small decorations/knickknacks, color schemes. The issue here is that there’s a difference between an imposed set of rules and a negotiated one. Becky seems to be on the road towards improvement.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFreddieTheCamel@FreddieTheCamel
I write both professionally and for fun. The stories and essays I post on this site are for fun. I've also taken the first steps to self-publishing under the name Freddie T Camel, although more as an experiment than an ambition. I want to write stories that have emotional res...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories