All Comments on 'The Dorm Went Dark - I Got Lucky!'

by dmallord

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
txcrackertxcrackerover 3 years ago
I liked It !

I liked It ! will there be anymore it's a good start for a series . 4*'s Thanks for the good read

txcracker

Angie314Angie314over 3 years ago

Thank you! Need more stories about our Vets.

Angie314Angie314over 3 years ago

Thank uou! Made my hearthappy. Love stories about Veterans and overcoming fears.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
these days they call it ptsd.

Different stories, different lives. The trauma of battle changes everyone. We never forget, and sometimes it ends much worse than for you. Finding our way back so some semblance of life is a tough journey. We are the lucky ones. That black wall in DC is something everyone should see. We left too many.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You hooked me when the guy mentioned the 23rd Division. I served in the Americal in 1968. I was fo for Alpha 3/21, 196th LIB. I am 100% PTSD most of it. I'm looking forward to the balance of your stories. I live in Lexington, KY

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story

If this story was from personal experience, welcome home

Crusader235Crusader235about 3 years ago
Nice

Really nice story of returning to civilian life after traumatic combat. Been there, DaNang, and Chulai '67-'68, Semper Fi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Original, compelling writing. U r a writer. Hope you contnue!

dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy67about 3 years ago
Welcome Home Brother

If this is based on you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
SEQUEL

I started to read Rescuing a Snow Angel.

But the pre-note said it was a sequel to The Dorm Went Dark.

So, now, back to Rescuing....

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I don’t have anything to compare with this level of trauma, but your story touched me. As others said, if there’s any truth to this, thanks more than I can say.

If it’s pure fiction, you have a way with words. Thanks either way.

5*

Tc

dmallorddmallordalmost 3 years agoAuthor
Here in Lies the Truth

Some have asked if this is based on personal experience. The short answer is yes. I came back damaged both physically and emotionally. I'm not ever going to write the details - those would be dragging me down a rabbit hole that I spent over fifty years trying to forget. That's why this story and the sequel chain [Rescuing a Snow Angel] to this one only touch lightly upon the periphery of a long, long attempt to return to normalcy. Putting down just the basics of this story had and continues to stir me awake in the dark hours of the morning with anxiety attacks and sharp pains in digits that are no longer there. For my own peace of mind, I've made a choice to stop writing about this period of my life, given what it has wrought within me.

The college experience is also a real follow on event after my ETS, but the sex elements, well there it has a good deal of embellishment and a lot of fantasy. I've never encountered girls that just willingly hop in bed with a guy who has been disfigured. But this is Literotica.com after all so I added some spice as a cathartic element!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A great story that includes the background, the trauma, and most importantly, the recover. And Gennie's love helped you along quite a bit. I appreciate descriptions, though, and I imagine, or would like to imagine, Jim Rawlings as a very sexy, surged man with a dustng of hair to cover his masculine muscular chest and abs. More power to him! And to you!

clearcreekclearcreekabout 2 years ago

69-71

Yes, I am. So was my father, about 25 years or so before me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. I spent a total of five tours in NAM, some good others not. As a vet I really appreciated your candor and have great respect for those for those who never came home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are gifted writer. Keep it up. Brought back memories of another lifetime for me. Fortunately I have processed them. Wish you the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

GREAT WRITING !

THANK YOU !

"69" & "70"

Dong Tam

&

Can Tho

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Thank you for your service, first and foremost. Freedom isn’t free.

Your writing is excellent! This drew me in and I enjoyed it immensely. Thank you. 5*

forgotmyantidepressantsforgotmyantidepressants4 months ago

Thank you so much for your service. Some of my relatives are Vietnam vets and my heart is with you guys. But this was also so sexy and fun. I love that the girls called Jim "Daddy." Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I was in the military too, I lost my first true love when I got out. I have never forgotten her. That was 60 years ago. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdmallord@dmallord
I followed the 'orphan to soldier' path that many others have. Found myself embroiled in the Vietnam mess - on the wrong side of the POW trauma. I lost some fingers and damaged a hand over there. Coming home to an unwelcoming nation, I stayed low and out of sight - still avoid...