The Dragon and the Wolf Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That made her smile at me again. "Certainly more intelligent than you look."

"Backhanded compliment, but I'll take it."

She led me upstairs towards the front door. Before opening it, she asked, "So were you serious about another lesson?"

"I'll admit there is perhaps another reason why I'd like to return in addition to a lesson."

That definitely made her blush. Call me a sucker. Call me a fool. I'd tell Triss in a few minutes and she'd probably think it was a good idea. Sleep with the daughter of the ambassador, perhaps hear one or two bits of juicy gossip that might help me. "Are you seriously thinking of seducing the daughter of the Nilfgaardian ambassador, Ragnar?"

"Aye."

A grin appeared in addition to the blush, opening the door as I stepped beyond the threshold. "Just introduce yourself as my instructor again when you return, Ragnar. I look forward to our next lesson."

"So do I, Miss var Attre." I bowed slightly. "Until next time."

I'd spent longer at her residence than I realised as the stars were out and the torchers had been lit. I walked straight back towards the Kingfisher Inn, walking into the room I'd booked indefinitely to be greeted by Triss sitting at the desk, reading a book. She looked up and grinned as I walked across, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

After dropping everything I was carrying, I grabbed a chair and sat next to her, explaining the day I'd just had and also what I had agreed towards the end. She laughed when I told her about Rosa and our possible lessons. "She's young and cute, Ragnar?"

"I don't actually have a thing for younger women, just so you know."

"I know, but from the sounds of it, you're actually what she wants, a warrior, not some bard. No disrespect to Dandelion, of course."

"Of course."

"Information is power, Ragnar. So if you think it's a worthwhile venture, then I say go for it. I won't support Redania, not after what they've done to my people, but if it helps free Temeria..." She leaned over and kissed me. One hell of a kiss. "Pump her for information, Ragnar," she whispered, giggling at the term she used, "If she's heard things, no doubt she'll be quite talkative once you make her cum a few times."

"Now this is bringing back memories."

She remained close to my face, her lips just about grazing mine. "Good memories, I hope? Maybe of all the women you've fucked? All those sorceresses you pumped for information over the years?"

"Triss, you are incorrigible at times."

"I know." She left a light kiss on my lips before turning to cuddle me. "Still think I used you," she whispered.

"Never. Everything I did for you, I did so willingly every single time. Because, every time, I did it for you."

She didn't say anything to that, simply feeling her arms tighten around me, eventually picking her up with ease, that did earn a giggle, lying her down on the bed next to me. We were both half-asleep when there was a knock at the door, calling whoever it was to come in, no surprise to see Geralt come wandering in. I sat up immediately alongside Triss as he grabbed a chair and sat closer.

Discussing our findings, he'd had next to no luck. Vespula was not happy with Dandelion, and apparently thought Geralt was responsible for his whoring. But she apparently heard of the same poetress Rosa had mentioned, so that was something in common. As for Elihal, the fact it turned out he was a cross-dressing elf was a surprise. I didn't make a big deal about it though. Dandelion was a little eccentric at times.

"So all that is left is Molly?" he asked.

"Aye."

"Well, we might as well approach her tomorrow. Might make things easier for you." He then glanced at Triss. "He told me about... er... Baroness La Valette."

Triss smiled. "Surely it would come as no surprise that someone like Maria Louisa La Valette, who was married off to an extremely old man, would want to find comfort in the arms of a young, more virile man, Geralt?"

"Triss, is there a chance her children are actually his?" he asked, gesturing at me.

"No. Certainly not."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because Ragnar worried about it, so... I made sure they were not his."

"So... Foltest is the father?"

"Of course he is! Certainly wasn't her husband. As if he could get it up to impregnate her by then."

"So Anais?"

"Is the heir to the Temerian throne. As far as I know, she is still in the care of John Natalis. But where they both are, I wouldn't have a clue, Geralt. No-one knows. The front line was chaos when it collapsed."

"I was part of it," I muttered.

"Okay, we're getting a little off track here I guess. Ragnar, tomorrow we'll approach Molly and see what she can tell us. After that... I'm not sure."

"I'm sure we'll figure something out."

"Going to grab dinner downstairs. Want to join me?"

"Sure."

After dinner, Geralt said he was going to bunk at the Rosemary and Thyme for the time being, keep Zoltan company. I figured that meant watching the dwarf get blind rotten drunk, but I could also thank him for allowing Triss and I a little privacy for the evening. We did remain downstairs, nursing a tankard each, and listened to a little music before deciding to head upstairs.

Lying her back on the bed, the slight desperation of the previous night to be intimate had been replaced with a simple desire to make love. I was ready to use my mouth again, but she kept me in place, grabbing the base of my cock and guiding it inside her, watching the smile light up her face as I slowly buried myself.

We made love without sharing a word, relying on the noises, gestures and body language we shared instead. She knew when was I getting close, and only then did she whisper dirty thoughts into my ear, begging me to cum inside her as always. She loved the feeling, so did I, so it usually happened. After that, she surprised me by turning onto her knees. I was wondering for a moment, making her giggle, assuring me she didn't want anal, at least not that night. She just wanted a good, hard fuck from behind.

Made her orgasm as I grabbed her by the hips and gave her just what she wanted, and once I came inside her again in that position, she wanted the old reliable of her riding me, and as I'd already cum twice by then, I lasted as long as she needed me to. By the time she was done riding me, her entire body glistened with sweat, her skin colour had taken on a rosy complexion, her hair was plastered to her forehead, she could barely catch her breath, her chest rising and falling rapidly. And the look in her eyes as they met mine, she leaned down the kiss me hard, begging for me to fuck her hard and cum inside her one last time.

Two minutes later, I was done in. Rolling off me, we burst into giggles together as she cuddled into my side, wrapping an arm around her, holding her tight, feeling her leg in between mine, being careful not to knee me in the balls. "Shit day, Ragnar. I needed that."

"What's going on?"

"A lot of things. Hard to explain. But it's to do with helping people just like me, and all the others the Eternal Fire seem to enjoy attaching to pyres and burning." She gave me a squeeze. "Was feeling rather isolated and lonely for a long time. When you walked into that house with Geralt by your side... I didn't trust myself to even say a word, Ragnar."

"It's okay. We're getting there. Six months apart is a long time for anyone."

"How do Geralt and Yennefer do it?"

"Unique set of circumstances. But I think, at heart, they just truly love each other."

After breakfast the next morning, we split up yet again, Triss heading off to do what she needed, while I headed off to meet Geralt. He was ready and waiting, immediately walking up to Gildorf. We both recognised the La Valette emblem on a shield located on the wall, and we approached the sentries on duty.

"Who are you?" they demanded to know.

"Geralt of Rivia. Ragnar Dragonborn," Geralt replied.

"Do you know who lives here? The Baroness La Valette doesn't consort with the local riff-raff. Begone the pair of you."

"Look, we're not here to see her. We're here to see Molly," I stated.

"I don't give a fuck if you're here to see the Emperor of Nilfgaard himself. Fuck off."

Neither Geralt or I wanted a fight, so we simply took a couple of steps back. Thankfully, before the sentries stepped forward and really tried to make us clear off, the doors behind opened and out stepped Maria Louisa La Valette and someone neither of us expected. "Morvran Voorhis?" Geralt muttered, "She's keeping interesting company now."

"Ragnar?" she asked, hearing the surprise in her tone.

I stepped forward and bowed before kissing her right cheek, closest to Morvran, then her left cheek. "I say nothing," I whispered, leaning back enough to meet her eyes. I could see the relief in them as I offered my hand to Morvran. "No idea you were in the city, general."

Geralt offered his hand to both and then general before getting straight to business, for which I was thankful. I doubt anyone except three, maybe four people knew what I'd shared with Maria Louisa, but I certainly didn't want to tempt fate by either of us letting slip. "We're looking for one of our chambermaids, Molly. Just a few questions about a matter we're trying to resolve."

"I'm afraid she's currently at the home of my dear friend, Patricia Vegelbud," Maria Louisa replied.

"Perhaps you would both accompany us. They could speak with Molly at the races," Morvran offered.

"Is that something you'd consider?" Maria Louisa asked, "Care to partake of some sophisticated diversion?"

Geralt and I shared a glance. I shrugged. Geralt nodded. "Sure. Sounds great."

Gathering our horses where we'd left them, we accompanied the baroness and the general, heading east, passing the Seven Cats Inn, a tavern I had drunk I more than once, before passing the village of Carsten, the walls of the enormous state eventually coming into view.

On first appearance, it appeared a day of horse races were being held, something I knew that might just interest Geralt as he loved putting Roach through his paces. Horses were a means of transport and that was it to me. I was comfortable enough on horseback but lacked his flair and skill in the saddle.

Geralt and Morvran certainly showed interest in the horses and racing them. I would rather have just concentrated on talking to Molly, Morvran asking for a little patience, and eventually he made a wager with Geralt in regards to a race. I groaned as I took a seat in the grandstand, a little surprised when Maria Louisa took a seat in the chair next to me.

"You look well, Maria."

"What are you doing here, Ragnar?" she hissed.

I glanced at her and smiled. "Calm down, Maria. The bigger deal you make of it, the more people will question. I'm here to speak to Molly as she had information we might need." I leaned closer to her. "Do you really think I'm going to shout about what we got up to?"

"Well... no..."

"Exactly. What we did was a secret. A very big secret, but one I'm not going to share." I met her eyes. "Besides, why would I want to ruin a good memory or two?"

She obviously couldn't stop thinking of the same memories as a slight smile appeared. "Do you regret anything?"

I knew exactly what she meant. "No."

"You never wondered..."

"I wondered, but it's better how things are, Maria." I took her hand in mine. She looked a little unsure, but no-one was looking at us. "Do you know where your daughter is?"

She shook her head, giving her hand a squeeze. "I haven't seen her since... God, I can't remember. And no-one can get word to me. Not now."

"Are you well at least?"

She met my eyes, no doubt judging the sincerity. Then she grinned. "Things could always be worse, Ragnar. I'm alive. As far as I know, my daughter still lives. And if she does..."

"Any word on Aryan?"

"Even less than Anais, but I know he's searching for her. If he's ever successful, then when this war is finally concluded, and Nilfgaard take control, she will be put on the throne." I raised my eyebrows at that. "Temeria will become a vassal state, but the monarchy will be re-established. Anais will rule though will require someone to guide her until she is of age."

"Maria, are you suggesting that you covet power?"

"No. But if it keeps my daughter alive and protects her, then I'll do whatever is necessary."

Conversation ceased as the horses started the race, and we sat in silence, waiting for them to return. I didn't even realise I was still holding her hand until they crossed the line, Geralt just in front of Morvran. She was about ready to applaud when she realised. I felt my cheeks heat up as I let her go, standing up alongside her and applauding.

"Morvran, is he..."

"Just a friend, Ragnar." She leaned closer, her voice no more than a whisper. "How long are you in Novigrad?"

"Indefinitely, to be honest. Geralt and I are busy working." As I said that, I noticed Geralt in conversation with a woman I assumed to be Molly. He glanced up at me and shook his head, though I'm not sure due to me being distracted, or she didn't have any information we could use. Morvran walked up towards Maria Louisa and I, asking how we knew each other, as it was obvious we did.

"We bumped into each other from time to time in Vizima," I stated, "And you should know by now I'm a rather friendly sod."

That made him laugh, and while I don't think he was suspicious, I was fairly sure he would know of my reputation, but even he wouldn't believe I'd bed the mistress of a king. He was wrong, of course...

With the racing complete, and the festivities otherwise dying down, the four of us mounted up and rode back to Novigrad, arriving by the time it was dark. We parted not far past the gate, as there was little reason for either Geralt or I to head to the other end of the city. Morvran seemed to realise I was on friendly terms with the baroness, giving us a private moment. I kissed her cheeks again. "Come see me while you're in town," she whispered.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. God yes."

Then she kissed my cheek and walked away to join Morvran. Geralt and I shook his hand again, wished each other good luck, before he disappeared with the baroness. Only when they were gone did he turned to me. "What the fuck was that about, Ragnar?" I gave him a look he'd know well. Thankfully, he just chuckled to himself. "God, if Foltest had ever found out..."

"Aye, he'd have had my balls. So it didn't happen often, and it wasn't just for pleasure either."

"Seriously, Ragnar, who haven't you fucked?" I gave him another look, waving a dismissive hand in my direction. "Yes, yes, I know. You aren't stupid enough to try anything with Yennefer. She'd just turn you into a toad if you even suggested it. And I know you wouldn't do that to me. But, seriously, I know you've had a good track record, and I know you have done things for Triss, but I'm literally staggered by one or two of your conquests. Even Dandelion would shake his head in sheer wonder."

Triss was waiting for me at the bar when Geralt and I walked in. I filled her in on the details of the day, though only told her of the offer from Maria Louisa after we'd made love that night. I never told her things like that before, just in case it dampened the mood. She was rather amused at the offer, but showed her good heart in her hopes that Anais was safe and that, one day, she would regain her right to the throne.

"That's for later. I guess you really do need to find Dandelion."

"I just hope he's okay, but I've got this bad feeling he was up to something very stupid." She snuggled into my side as I held her tight, her fingers running up and down my chest. "Well, even if he has, Geralt and I will certainly do our best to help him. Wouldn't be the first time, probably won't be the last either."

12