The Dragonborn Comes Ch. 08

Story Info
The Dragonborn finds Redcliffe village under siege.
6.5k words
4.69
6.1k
7

Part 8 of the 46 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/29/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thanks to those who left reviews on the previous chapter. Feedback and critique is always appreciated.

To be honest, I use this site, and therefore this story, to get all the smuttiness out of my system I like to write but can't do so otherwise. So while I will continue writing a story here, there will be heavy doses of sex and smut, depending on the chapter and characters involved. If you want to compare this to another story or stories, fair enough, but I'm not worried and don't particularly care what or how other people write their stories. Theirs are unique on their own. If you like mine, that's great and I hope you enjoy what's to come. If not, it's disappointing, but while I might make subtle changes thanks to your feedback and suggestions, I'm going to continue to do what I want to do as I'm not changing at the whim of a couple of reviews, and I barely take notice of the ratings considering what can be considered hot or not throughout the site varies wildly. Some chapters will be story focused with perhaps one smutty scene (such as what is coming below). Other chapters will have little story and will be pure sex and smut. Each chapter will contain at least one sexualised scene because that's what I want to write, and I believe that's the whole point of this site, and therefore this story.

Someone did mention through feedback via email that my chapters are not that long. The average chapter in a novel is between 3,000 to 5,000 words (according to Google). I aim for between 6,000 to 8,000 words most of the time as I think that's quite a good length. When a chapter is uploaded, they're usually between 2 and 3 pages long. I'm not sure about yourselves, but I don't want to read page after page all at once. I like my stories broken up into small pieces, just like a novel.

Anyway, they're just my thoughts. Continue to let me know what you think either in the comments or via feedback email, and you will receive a response. If you send feedback via email, include your email address so we can correspond if you'd like.

Hope you enjoy what's to come.

*****

Chapter 8 -- The Village

*****

Solona was still fast asleep when I woke up. Carefully extracting myself from her body, I kissed her cheek before I managed to dress without waking her. I looked down at her sleeping form and knew I had a stupid smile on my face. I could already think of plenty of words to describe her, all of them positive, and I looked forward to a lot more with her. I managed to leave the tent without her waking.

Stretching and yawning, a few people were already up and milling about. With no breakfast available, we'd rouse everyone early in an effort to get to Redcliffe as soon as possible. Taking a seat next to the campfire, I was quickly joined by Leliana and Cerys. I knew exactly what they were going to say.

"Sounds like someone enjoyed themselves last night," Cerys stated.

"We didn't have sex."

"I'm not after details. Just stating a fact."

"I'm assuming she's still asleep?" Leliana asked.

Now I looked at them smugly. "Three times would leave anyone requiring a longer rest."

Cerys just playfully punched my shoulder. "Show off."

"As long as she enjoyed herself," Leliana added.

I couldn't help the smile as I said, "She did. It was a nice evening."

Once everyone else was up and the camp was being cleared, I returned to the tent to see Solona still fast asleep. I crawled above her before gently kissing her cheek. Doing that a couple of times eventually woke her up, turning onto her back so I could kiss her lips. "Good morning," she said after a little make-out.

"Good morning. We're getting ready to move."

"Already?"

"You're the last one to wake up, Solona."

She started to laugh before yawning. "That's because someone wore me out." She pulled me down for a hug, thanking me for a wonderful night, before I helped start to pack up inside the tent, then folded up the tent itself, packing everything onto the cart. Helping the young and the old up onto it too, we were soon ready to move out, hopeful we'd make Redcliffe without further incident. We'd been delayed enough as it was.

We were all rather hungry, so Cerys said those of us walking should march quickly for Redcliffe, assess the situation and then get food ready for all of us. It was a fine idea, so Cerys, Alistair and myself took the lead, taking Leliana and Solona for good measure, leaving everyone else to protect the refugees, confident there was no further darkspawn presence around.

I should have known better. Approaching Redcliffe, we were stopped by a pair of frightened town guard, babbling about undead rising, death and destruction. They couldn't tell us much about Arl Eamon, but told us about monsters descending from the castle, and the undead rising from the nearby lake. I don't think I was the only one to sigh. I was left thinking nothing we would do was going to be easy.

Pointed in the direction of the Chantry, we entered to find at least a hundred frightened civilians. Many looked at us with a mixture of hope and fear, wondering if anyone recognised the Warden symbol. Though if news about Ostagar had made it here, then the fear, though unfounded, was understandable.

We were pointed in the direction of a man called Teagan, who was apparently the brother of the local lord. Even better, he recognised Alistair, and I don't think I was the only one who suddenly had questions. Cerys looked startled as the two conversed like old friends, and she eventually asked, "How do you two know each other?"

I think Teagan immediately realised we didn't know the story, whatever it was, and expertly avoided the question. Cerys wouldn't let it go though, now just focusing her questions on Alistair. He wilted, but he didn't answer, simply assuring her that he would tell us the truth later. I found the use of the words 'the truth' quite interesting, wondering just what the hell he was going to tell us.

Teagan then explained what was happening, and Cerys immediately offered our assistance. She then explained our predicament, and he immediately offered the refugees shelter, while he would personally go see the local tavern owner to ensure all of us were fed and watered during our stay in Redcliffe. We waited at the top of the hill for the refugees and rest of our team to arrive, not having to wait long. Pointing the refugees in the direction of the tavern first, before heading to the Chantry, we gathered our group in a circle and explained what we were doing. Everyone agreed to help... except Morrigan, of course. I nearly slapped her and she knew it.

"Something wrong, Dragonborn?" she called as I marched away.

I stopped and glared daggers at her, before I turned and started to walk back in her direction. Alistair stood in my path, and I'd probably have hit him if he tried to stop me. It took Shale to actually pick her up and carry her away to prevent me doing something... to be honest, I'd only partially regret. She hadn't wanted to help the mages. She now didn't want to help the villagers, either in Honnleath and now apparently here in Redcliffe. The longer we travelled, the more I knew she was only there for her own reasons, and I still didn't know why.

After sating our hunger in the tavern, we split up and started to organise defences. Alistair and I worked together with half a dozen Templars, led by a man named Ser Perth. He only had the protection of the villagers on his mind, and listened to any and ideas that came to mind. Meeting with Cerys and the others in the middle of town, we immediately put our plans into action, setting traps all over town, and ensuring we would filters the monsters and undead into killing fields. That was the hope, anyway.

Knowing we'd be up all night, we headed into the Chantry and made sure we got a couple of hours' rest. Leliana and Solona slept by my side, though as we were surrounded by the others, and also in the Chantry, all we did was sleep. I woke up before everyone and had another chat with Teagan, trying to tease information out of him in regards to Alistair, but he insisted that I must speak to the man himself. Cerys woke up before everyone and we headed outside.

"Has Alistair told you yet?" I asked.

"No, and I mean to find out. If I found out he's been lying..."

"Maybe not lying. Maybe there's a reason for this secret."

"It's possible."

She grabbed my hand and led to the edge of the lake. On the hill in the distance was the castle. It looked quiet. So was the village. It was eerie, almost as if no-one was alive. We knew the undead would come from the lake, though we still had some time. The sun hadn't quite disappeared yet. Having me alone, Cerys took the opportunity to give me a hug. "So... Alistair?" I wondered.

"I like him. He's nice. But... He's not you. He's definitely not you."

"So what are you saying?"

"I know you haven't always been comfortable with who I am to you. I remember the word you gave my father. But he's no longer here, and you're now mine. In a good way, of course. But I want you, Ragnar. Just like Solona, just like Leliana, just like anyone else we're bound to meet who'll have an immediate attraction. Shit, I think even Zevran likes you!"

"Are you sure about this? I'm already worried about Solona."

"That's because you care more than you think you do. That's why she spoke to us first. We told her all about you, at least what we know. I accept it. Leliana definitely accepts it. And you're a hero already to Solona. Yes, she's young and all, but the heart wants what it wants."

I caressed her cheek and kissed her. She opened her mouth immediately, accepting my tongue as I pulled her close. I did break it for a moment to say, "This is all going to go badly in the end."

"So shut up, enjoy the ride, and see what happens."

We made out for a little longer before we just hugged each other, waiting for the sun to disappear. Once it did, we'd have to prepare for the onslaught. Everyone was awake upon returning to the Chantry, and we enjoyed a last meal before battle. I could sense the nerves from everyone, even Alistair. Only Sten remain impassive, while Shale wondered why we were worried about undead.

Those of us with sword and shield would help the Templars by the windmill before retreating. Cerys did ask me about my Thu'um, replying that I would use it only if we were losing. But I was confident that we could win with the traps we'd set and the plan we had would see us through. Nearly every villager was prepared to pick up a weapon to help, though we asked that most just remain the Chantry and leave the fighting to us.

The Battle of Redcliffe lasted all night. The first stage was near the windmill, where the undead and demons flooded down the road from the castle. The traps worked a treat, fire engulfing the path, but the undead kept on coming. We formed a shield wall, ensuring the undead and demons were filtered towards it, and it was against the shield wall that they were killed. Limbs were severed, bodies decapitated, demons sent back to the hell they came from. It seemed to last for hours, but it was possible it lasted only half an hour at most before the deluge stopped as quickly as it began.

Ser Perth and two other Templars would follow us into the village, the other three remaining near the windmill to mop up any more monsters. We had little time, as a bell started to toil, hearing the cries of fear as the undead rose from the lake. We had barricades and traps set up everywhere, and we formed another shield wall. I was smack bang in the middle of it. I had been part of one that had protected Whiterun from a Stormcloak attack. It was a system of fighting used by Nordic armies for centuries. No-one liked fighting against a shield wall. It only brought death.

The numbers of undead beggared belief. They just kept on coming. The power in their swings left one or two of us stunned, bruises along our forearms from the battering against our shields. Despite the shield wall, our small army still took wounds. Alistair received a nasty looking wound, as did a dwarf by the name of Dwyn, who we had coerced into helping us. But the wall remained. We didn't move backwards or forwards. The wall was solid, stood strong, and the undead piled themselves against it. In addition to sword and shield word, spells from our mages burned and froze the undead in vast swathes, while the few archers we had made pincushions on even more.

It seemed to last even longer than the battle near the windmill. I was quickly streaming with sweat, muscles burning from the tension in my body. To my left and right, men did not wilt under the strain. They stood tall, knowing we were the last and only line between the undead and the civilians. I lost count of how many times my sword entered the body of an undead, lopping off a limb, cutting off a head, the pile of undead growing in front of us with every minute that passed.

And then...

"That's it! That's all of them!" someone cried, and cheers erupted immediately. We sent a couple of scouts forward to check, and they reported back there was no sign of any more undead. Handshakes were shared, others received a slap on the back. The doors to the Chantry were flung open, letting everyone know we'd survived. After so many nights of terror, for once, there were no deaths. There were injuries immediately tended to, but the sense of relief was palpable. Our arrival had heralded change.

Then we heard the growl...

"Fuck it," I muttered to myself, "Get everyone back!" I ordered.

Cerys immediately understood what I was going to do, yelling at everyone to get into the Chantry. I stood a few feet back from where the bodies had piled up, as at least a couple of dozen more undead shuffled forward. I fake yawned to feign being bored, waiting until the undead no more than a couple of feet away, raising their weapons, ready to strike.

Then I used my Thu'um. Unrelenting Force then Fire Breath. My favourite Shouts to combine. The sheer, full force of it blew them away, the fire that erupted from deep within ensured they were burned to a crisp as well. Waiting until there was no movement from any of the bodies, I turned towards the Chantry, where everyone stared at me in silence.

Cerys was the first to move, striding towards me. A foot away, she stopped and cross an arm across her chest, dipping her head. "Dragonborn," she stated respectfully.

"I'm still me, Cerys."

"No. No, you're not." The look on her face was one of complete admiration.

Solona and Leliana rushed forward too. "What was that? Was that your gift?" Solona wondered.

"Maker be praised. We can't lose now," Leliana added.

Nearly everyone else joined them. My hand was soon red raw from handshakes. I received a million and one questions, and more than one proposition from a villager, female and male. I never thought I was anyone special because of my gift. I simply said it was the Nine Divines who had bestowed it upon me. Hell, sometimes I'd done things which proved I wasn't exactly worthy, before or after finding out I was Dragonborn.

The last to speak to me was Teagan, and he suggested that we should rest and discuss what to do next once the sun rose. As thanks, we were billeted into houses, the villagers all wishing to remain together in the Chantry until the castle was retaken. I walked into the house I'd been given, standing by the door, wondering who would walk in.

Cerys, Leliana and Solona all walked in.

"Ragnar, I need to say something," Cerys said, "I'm a Warden, but we shouldn't be in charge here. You should be. With a gift like that, the Archdemon and his darkspawn army doesn't stand a chance."

"But the people don't know me."

"They soon will," Leliana said, "We will ensure word is spread about you and the gift that will bring us victory."

I couldn't stop the sigh. "I've already been designated the hero by saving one world. And that's a lot on one man's shoulders, carrying the hopes of everyone, destined to save the world one way or another."

"We'll all be here to help," Solona said, "All of us are here, by your side, until the end."

"What do the others say about this?"

"Alistair agrees," Cerys replied, "As does Wynne. Morrigan doesn't care. Nor does Shale. Zevran gives his assurances that his word to me applies to everyone."

I looked at Cerys, her eyes pleading with me to agree. I relented quite easily. "Okay, I'll do it." Three of them hugged me at once, my face covered in their kisses, which only made me laugh. "Right, I don't know about you, but I'm beat. Who wants to sleep?" Cerys pouted. "I'm not doing that right now, Cerys. I'm exhausted." I paused, before adding, "Well, I won't say to nudity. Cerys and Leliana, I know it..." They started stripping without hesitation, no doubt probably to turn me on, so I looked at Solona. "Don't feel pressured. If you want to keep your clothes on, then do whatever makes you comfortable."

"Maybe just undress to my bra and panties?" I nodded, and she started to undress too. She was still nervous, but Leliana and Cerys praised her with plenty of compliments, which made her blush and smile at the same time.

"What about you?" Leliana wondered, as I was still dressed in my armour.

"Oh, I was just going to sleep like this." That's wasn't going to work, as the three of them stepped forward and undressed me. Once I was naked, Cerys led me by my half erect cock to the bed. Somehow, the three of them came to an agreement of how we would sleep. Solona was by herself to one side, Leliana and Cerys to the other. I turned to hold Leliana, Solona cuddling behind me, commenting on how warm I felt. Despite the adrenaline still flowing from battle, I fell asleep quite quickly.

I was woken in the morning by a hand stroking my cock. It wasn't Solona, as she was still asleep behind me. So that meant either Leliana or Cerys. Glancing under the blanket, it was Leliana. She glanced back and smiled, so I slid my hand down her down her body to her leg. She lifted it and placed it over mine, and I slipped a finger inside her. To no great surprise, she was already wet.

"Cerys is awake too," Leliana whispered. Cerys lifted her head and smiled.

"Solona is still asleep," I whispered back.

"We'll try and be quiet, but she'll wake up eventually."

Leliana shuffled, grabbing the base of my cock and sliding it inside her. As I held onto her with one arm, gently thrusting into her, Cerys sat up so I could use my other hand to fondle her as she used both hands on her breasts, twisting her nipples before she bent her head down to lick them. I eventually stopped fondling her, my right arm around Leliana, playing with her nipples, as my other hand started to fondle her clit. Cerys just sat back on her knees, watched us and began to masturbate.

"Oh, someone's awake," she said, two fingers deep in her pussy. I glanced to see Solona watching us, eyes wide in surprise.

"Do you want us to stop?" I asked. She smiled, shaking her head. "Would you like to sit next to Cerys and watch us?" She moved immediately as I moved the blanket off Leliana and I so they could see everything.

I started thrusting gently into Leliana again, Cerys with two fingers in her pussy, her other hand playing with her breasts. Solona could only watch, her eyes filled with desire, and I knew she wanted to be in place of Leliana. "How does it feel?" she asked.

"Like nothing you've ever experienced," Leliana managed to say, "He fills me completely. You will like it so much; you will think about it constantly. And this is only part of what he's so good at."

Solona was immediately convinced, and continued to watch, noticing her hand unconsciously move to her underwear, rubbing herself over the cloth. I watched Cerys as I continued to fuck Leliana, Cerys only having eyes for mine, and there was a desire in hers I rarely saw. She was dripping wet, leaving a little wet patch where she sat. I gestured and she brought her hand across to me, allowing me to suck her fingers.

12