The Dragonborn Comes Ch. 30

Story Info
The Dragonborn and his adventures on Thedas.
7.4k words
4.69
3k
4

Part 30 of the 46 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/29/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 30 -- Beaten, Broken, Rebuilt

*****

"You hit like a pussy!"

That just caused him to hit me in the side a little bit harder. "And you talk too much," the hooded man growled.

"Well, who else am I going to talk to? I get a little lonely in my cell."

He hit me again, to the other side, right into my kidneys. This was day two, or at least I thought it was. Upon arriving at the cells, I'd been stripped of my armour and thrown into a dark cell, with only a few musty blankets and a bucket for company. I'm not sure how long I sat in there for before I was hauled out, my wrists clamped to a wall, and I waited for whatever was to come.

A fucking giant walked into the room. He was even bigger than me, so that caused a little concern. The size of his arms were, frankly, ridiculous, his legs like tree trunks. He wore a hood, so I could only see the darkness of his eyes and the yellow of his teeth. He said nothing as he approached, only putting on a pair of leather gloves. "Ah, so that's how it's going to be?"

He replied by making sure his gloves were comfortable before the beating began. He knew what he was doing too. Never hit the face. I'd been lucky not to break my hand when giving Howe an uppercut. Even with his gloves, there's a chance he'd injure himself more by hitting me in the jaw. This man was an expert. Everything into the body. That first beating had been bad enough, feeling numerous bruises already forming, and I couldn't stop myself throwing up.

This was beating number two. I'd slept since then, but as I lived in near darkness, I didn't know if was the same day or not, so I figured I'd do my best to count the beatings. I knew it was nothing but torture. No-one was going to ask me questions, they wouldn't learn anything anyway. No, this was Loghain just having me beaten down so that, by the time of my execution, I'd be wanting death.

"Call that a punch! I've been with women who hit harder than you."

It probably wasn't a good idea to taunt the giant, though it never pissed him off. He knew what I was doing as much I knew what he was going to do. So, as a follow up, I spat at him. That actually earned a slap and a finger in the face. "I'll take your taunts and comments, but I won't take that. It is not honourable."

"And this is? Beating a man bound to a wall?"

"I am merely following orders. I have heard the rumours of you, though."

"Good or bad?"

"What I think does not matter. My job is to break you before your execution. Be glad Loghain does not want the same treatment you meted out to Lord Howe. So, you can continue your comments if you want, but you will not provoke a reaction. I've heard them all. Or, you can take your punishment, and it will probably pass quicker."

If that wasn't a suggestion to shut up... So that's what I did, instead taking on an air of defiance as he continued to hand out the so-called punishment, not making any sound whatsoever, swallowing down any groans that tried to escape. I did my best, but by the time he was finished, and the guards entered to take me back to the cell, I could barely stand up.

After another couple of beatings, I'd lost all track of time. All I did was sleep or try and eat a little bit of the meagre food they brought me between the beatings. I did wonder what everyone else was doing, wondering if they would try and rescue me. I hadn't really been thinking about it when facing down Ser Cauthrien. My arrogance had led me to my current position. I figured it was the Gods punishing me for being a fool.

Counting beatings instead of days, I must have had at least half a dozen, maybe more, when my cell door was opened again. The fight had well and truly gone out of me by this stage. I had tried fighting them off the first couple of times, but the guards were not stupid, and always came armed with weapons ready to beat me into submission if I was uncooperative. I sat back against the wall, wondering who it was.

"I am not to be disturbed," a feminine voice ordered. That caused an involuntary raise of my eyebrows, particularly as the cell door closed and the figure approached, holding up a candle.

"Ser Cauthrien? Well, this is a surprise."

She crouched in front of me, holding the candle to my face before moving it down my body. The gasp wasn't a surprise. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

"It's to be expected, being an enemy of the state."

She shook her head. "No, not like this," she said softly, "I serve my lord proudly, but we shouldn't do this."

"Why are you here?"

She placed the candle on the ground, throwing back her hood. "Do you know I can tell you the exact date I was last kissed by a man. And, trust me on this, it was not recent. You are the first man to even suggest some sort of physical attraction, and you're meant to be my enemy. Go figure!"

"Well, I won anyway. I got my kiss."

"Do you honestly find me attractive?"

"Of course. The whole ally to Loghain is a bit of a downer, but on your appearance, and your skill, I'm definitely attracted."

"You're to be executed in three days' time, Ragnar. You will be hung before being beheaded. Your head will be placed on a pike above the city gates as a warning."

"And you agree to that?"

"What I think doesn't matter. The decision is that of my lord. I can only follow his wishes."

I let the silence linger before I asked, "Does he know you're here?"

The smile was genuine and rather sweet. "I'm here for my own reasons. I believe a condemned man is entitled to a last meal. I was thinking he may also be entitled to a last moment of bliss before he dies."

"You're serious?"

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't. I've heard stories about you, Dragonborn. All of them, except Howe, speak of your good nature, your willingness to help others, your..." She trailed off, shaking her head. "You should not be in here," she whispered, before meeting my eyes, "But you did murder Lord Howe. I believe you about what happened at Castle Cousland, but the regent claims they were all traitors."

I could only sigh. "I understand."

She leaned forward and kissed me softly on the lips. "Are you capable despite the bruises?"

Despite the situation and the pain, I couldn't help laugh. "He's avoided my groin, so everything there still works."

I moved my legs so she could straddle my lap before I moved them again. I helped take off her cloak, surprised to see she was naked underneath, and she immediately admitted she had planned this. She had actually wanted to come earlier, but thought that would look suspicious. I immediately ran my hands down her back, feeling some faint scars, while I looked at her front. Her breasts were larger than I expected, while looking down, I could see a dark patch of hair. "What do you think?" she asked nervously.

"Beautiful."

"Really?"

I met her eyes and kissed her softly on the lips. "I don't lie about such things."

Now it was her time to sigh. "Maybe if we weren't on opposing sides..."

"No point thinking like that. Why don't we just enjoy the now?"

I was already relatively hard, though I could see her surprise once my underwear disappeared. "Holy shit, Ragnar!"

"I usually get that reaction," I stated with a chuckle.

We made out a little longer, moving one of my hands to her sex. She was already a little wet, but I helped her get nice and moist, spending plenty of time kissing around her neck before she arched her back, giving me access to her breasts. She definitely loved what I did to those, and soon she was rubbing herself against my shaft, and I knew she wanted me inside her.

She sat up a bit, grabbing the base of my cock, and she couldn't help cry out when my head slid inside her. "It's been far too long since I was fucked," she muttered, taking her time taking my length.

"And now you're fucking a condemned man."

She met my eyes, and I was greeted only by sadness. "I'll make the most of it..."

I pulled her forward and kissed her softly again as she finally slid all the down my cock.

And then we made love. There's no other way to describe it. We could have just had a nasty, hard fuck, but I think she wanted to give me something soft and tender before my death. And I appreciated the thought. And she was a beautiful woman, feeling a tinge of regret that she was on the wrong side of the war. If she'd been on the right side, I have no doubt she would have been part of my harem. She wouldn't have known about that, but she might have been agreeable.

There's no doubt she got just as much enjoyment out of it as me. She was hot, wet and very tight. She couldn't help compliment me on my size. We had to keep the noise down, as she didn't want to attract attention, but we both agreed that, had we more time, we'd definitely do it again. We constantly kissed. She was a good kisser, a very good kisser. Her skin was surprisingly soft, trailing my fingers across faint scars that no doubt had stories behind them. She constantly ran her hands down my arms, and I knew she definitely liked them too.

She eventually ended up on her back, using her cloak as a blanket, as I fucked her a little harder. She wrapped her legs around me and constantly wanted to kiss me, otherwise dragging my head next to her, whispering sweet nothings into my ear. I warned her I was getting close, and all she did was tell me to cum. When I asked inside her, she said where else would I?

Cauthrien came first, covering her moans by kissing me, feeling her legs tighten around me further, and I was barely able to keep pumping into her. But I could so just enough that I could cum a couple of minutes later, and once I was done, I rested on my forearms as we just looked at each other in the near darkness. She didn't ask me to move, and I wasn't going to move either.

"Well..." she finally said.

"Yeah..."

I guess it was always going to be awkward. I finally pulled out, and I offered one of my blankets so she could at least clean up a little bit, a gesture she accepted gratefully. Putting her cloak back on, I managed to get to my feet as she picked up the candle. "Don't do anything stupid," she warned.

"I'm bruised and battered, my lady. I'm not going to do a thing except have a rest now."

Before asking the door to be opened, she turned back and kissed me again. "I will pray to the Maker for you, Ragnar."

"And I will thank my gods for giving me the past hour or so, my lady."

I noticed the sad smile appear before she called the guards, kissed me a final time, before she turned and disappeared. I couldn't help sigh as the door was locked again, sitting back down against the wall, waiting for whatever would come next. I figured that would probably be the last good thing to happen to me before my death.

Of course, I would be proven absolutely right. The beatings continued, but things changed up rather quickly after that. The very next time I was hauled out, the bastard went for my face. Thankfully he avoided my mouth, as I like having all my teeth, but by the time he was done, I could barely see out of my eyes, and I'm sure my nose was close to being if not already broken.

And that was just the start, and I'm sure he'd had orders. Avoiding my bruised and battered body, he started using blunt instruments against my limbs. Never enough to break bones, but enough to simply beat the fight out of me completely. After at least three or four of those, I was near breaking point completely. They could have put a letter of confession in front of me, gods only knowing what it would claim, and I'd probably sign it, just for it all to stop.

I know I prayed to the gods the last time I was dragged back to my cell, barely able to walk, hoping that my execution would be soon.

*****

The creak of the cell door opening scared the shit out of me. I was done. Absolutely done. All I did was curl into a ball under the smelly blanket and wait for them to grab me again. "No more. Please," I croaked. I didn't feel pathetic pleading the way I did. I was broken, bleeding, and I just wanted it all to end. Kill me, hang me, cut my damned head off, do what you want. I just didn't want to be hit again.

Feeling a hand through my hair, I figured they were just going to drag me out that way. But then I heard a voice whisper my name. It was a voice I thought I knew well, carrying an accent I remembered fondly. Daring to chance a peek, I removed the blanket from my face, looking up with my one good eye, the other having swelled up and closed completely.

"Leliana?" I whispered.

I heard the gasp immediately, as there's no doubt my face was a state. I looked past Leliana to see all my girls were in the cell. I could have wept if I didn't feel pain shoot up my body because I moved. Gently grabbing the blanket, she moved it away to look at my body. Now they all gasped.

"Ragnar," Solona cried quietly. I met her eyes to see she and Lyna were already sobbing. To their side, Natia and Sereda were made of sterner stuff, but I could see they were upset.

"What have they done?" Leliana asked, I assumed rhetorically, "Can you stand?"

I didn't want to move, but I assumed they were there to rescue me. I may have been bruised and battered, praying for death at times, but my mind was still somewhat sharp. And if they were all there, then I knew I was getting out alive. Leliana and Natia helped me into a sitting position. I couldn't help cry out when they did. My legs were on fire and I wondered if I could even stand, let alone walk. "Guards?" I croaked.

"Dead," Leliana replied, before she turned around, "Someone grab him some water. And bring his armour and weapons. We need to help him."

I chuckled bitterly. "You're better off leaving me here."

Leliana simply stroked my cheek. "I said the same thing," she said softly, "But we're getting you out of here."

Somehow, they managed to heave me up into a standing position. I cried out and turned the air blue with language as all five of them assembled me in armour. That just added to my pain, but they said I had to, just in case they had to fight their way out. They knew I'd be useless. Once I was dressed, which took a lot longer than usual, Leliana and Solona stood to either side and helped drag me out of the cell. There were a number of bodies on the ground, all of them well and truly dead. I hadn't heard a thing.

I thought we'd head out the front door, but we ended up taking what I assumed was some sort of secret passage. They must have had information from others. Making our way out into the city, Alistair, Sten and the rest were waiting for us. Cerys took one look at me and nearly started to cry too as Sten and Alistair took over from Leliana and Solona, and they dragged my sorry arse back to Eamon's estate. If anyone noticed our progress through the city, it was completely ignored.

Eamon was waiting for our return, as was Anora. He took one look at me, muttered something under his breath, before sending me straight to my bedroom. My five girls undressed me before lying me down, and I couldn't help appreciate the softness of the bed. All five stayed with me as Morrigan and Wynne were summoned, and the four mages all helped start to heal me. It took them a long time to even start to heal the wounds I carried, though slowly but surely, I started to at least feel a little better.

"This is cheating," I managed to joke. Solona was still crying, and choked back a sob as she laughed. Lyna just smiled, wiping her face. Everyone else managed to crack a smile at least, but I could see they were all terribly upset at my appearance. Even Morrigan looked crestfallen, though I didn't expect tears from her.

I'm not sure if they healed me completely, but I was fast asleep before they were done.

Waking up gods only knows how much later, it wasn't a surprise to see six girls were asleep next to me, the sixth being a complete surprise as it was Cerys. I could only assume it was rather late, and I still felt like complete shit, though utterly ravenous. I managed to move without waking any of them, shuffling down the bed and hopping off the end, walking barefoot along the cool stone floor towards the kitchen. The fire still burned, and what appeared to be the remnants of the evening meal was still sitting on a table, so I devoured that within a couple of minutes.

"You're up, Dragonborn." I turned towards the door, my mouth full of bread, to see Eamon standing there. He walked forward and we shared a warm handshake, allowing me to swallow my food before he asked, "How are you feeling?"

"Like complete shit, lord."

"Loghain will answer for what he did, Dragonborn. You have my word. But your mages did a good job, I see. Though appearances can be deceiving."

"I still ache all over. I guess that will only go naturally."

"Even magic has its limitations." He cleared his throat. "You've missed a few things while you've been gone. There have been developments. Want to hear about them?"

"Sure. Let me grab a strong drink first."

Eamon suggested we just head to his study, where he grabbed a bottle of spirit from his desk, taking a seat by the fireplace. After knocking back a glass, he poured us both a second one before he told me what was happening.

"Alistair has changed his mind. He is willing to marry Anora to ensure the stability of the country."

"Shit. How did Cerys take that?"

"Not well. Not well at all. They are not currently talking to each other."

"Explains why she's on my bed then."

"It was the best choice for the future of the country. She will understand in the end."

"What else?"

"Anora came to us with news of unrest in the alienage. No-one wanted to make a move before your rescue. Obviously you're going to need..."

"A few more hours sleep and I'll speak to Anora. I'm not going to mope around the estate. Sure, I'm completely and utterly pissed off, and I want to cave Loghain's face in with my fist, but getting out into the city will do me a world of good. Nothing like a bit of fresh air."

"The Landsmeet is soon. No more than a couple of days. We're merely waiting for a few more nobles to arrive, then it will be called. Prepare yourself, Dragonborn. The future of Thedas itself could be at stake."

With those words ringing in my ears, I wandered back to my bedroom, to find all six girls were awake, waiting for my return. I couldn't help smile, closing the door behind me as Leliana patted the spot I'd recently vacated. Once in positon, Leliana cuddled into my left, Natia to my right, the rest crowding around me. I looked at Cerys. "I heard," I said softly.

"He made his choice. He can live with it." Then she smiled, "Anyway, now I get what I really wanted anyway. I'm number six, Ragnar. You're not getting rid of me now."

"And, for once, you're not going to hear any arguments from me. I think it's time to stop denying those feelings, right?"

"Definitely. I love you. I won't say since that first day you walked into the castle. No, that was just attraction. No, it was the day you gave my father your word. That's when I knew you'd die for me, and I knew it was because you loved me too."

"I do. Not like I do now, but I still did, even then."

"How are you feeling?" Leliana wondered.

"Feel like complete shit, if I'm honest. I'm still sore, but it looks like most of the wounds and bruising has disappeared, at least. A little tired, but I was rather hungry, so went searching for food. Eamon found me and we had a quick chat." I then cleared my throat. "I have to admit something first."

Natia burst into laughter, so she must have guessed immediately. Maybe I looked guilty. "You didn't?" Leliana exclaimed.

"Remember that woman next to Loghain when we arrived, and the same woman who was waiting for us in Howe's estate?" Leliana, Solona and Cerys nodded, at least. "Well, let's just say I must have made an impression, as she came to visit me in my cell. I was a condemned man, so she offered me a final act of... hmmm, I would say we made love." All six had a chuckle. "It was a nice way to pass an hour or two. Certainly compared to the rest of my time there."