The Dragonborn Comes Ch. 35

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A knock at the door grabbed our attention, it opening with Cerys popping her head in. "Still not got it out of your system, Leliana?" she asked with a giggle.

"I didn't hear any complaints when he was with you yesterday afternoon." I'm not sure Alistair knew, and feeling cornered as I was, I gave into her rather easily.

"I still laugh about Solona walking out of the room that morning. Poor girl made herself sore. She's still walking funny. Doesn't blame you, Ragnar, just in case you're worrying."

I couldn't help chuckle. "I didn't do a thing. She was riding me like... well, she was always going to end up hurting herself like that. I think she was far too excited."

"Anyway, we really should go soon, Ragnar," Cerys suggested, "You will be one of the main attractions, in addition to the king being crowned, of course."

I got up, offering a hand to Leliana, as we each grabbed a towel to wipe ourselves down. Cerys couldn't resist walking in to give me a kiss, a hug, and also a grope. "I'm still waiting for this to be put in my arse by the way," she whispered, "Future queen or not..."

"By the Nine, you're all going to ruin me."

"And are you complaining?"

"Not at all. I can't complain about my life at all."

She kissed me again before saying, "We'll wait in the main hall so we can go together."

I'd cleaned my armour and weapons the day after the battle, and had made sure it was near flawless prior to meeting Alistair and the other nobles. After I dressed, I watched Leliana finish putting on hers, particularly her boots, lifting her leg up onto the bed so she could do them up. Just doing that caused a reaction in my underwear, which she noticed immediately. "Maybe in just my boots later, yes?"

"Gods yes. To be honest, just take your panties off and leave everything on."

"You really love me in this, don't you?"

"It's tight and shows off all those curves."

That just made her smile, giving me a very long kiss once she was dressed, and I think we would have undressed again if not for another knock on the door. We stopped and immediately left, hand in hand, joining the rest of the girls. Solona and Lyna looked exquisite in their new robes. Lyna and Neria also had their hair up in traditional elven designs, their dresses also what they described as traditional to the Dalish. Sereda and Natia had styled their hair traditionally too, Sereda carrying herself with an air of nobility, which she technically still was. Cerys was wearing a dress, instead of armour, in which she looked sensational, tight to her body, showing off her curves. She knew I was looking, and she had no problem with it. Leliana stood in the middle of them as they all looked at me.

"Ready?" I asked. All seven nodded. "I love you all."

Smiles broadened as they repeated the words back to me.

Denerim was going to take months to rebuild, but the people seemed to know who I was, greeting me as passed with hails of 'Dragonborn', performing the already customary gesture of an arm across the chest and a bow of the head. The bodies were slowly being cleared away, darkspawn bodies being hauled away and dumped into enormous pits outside the city, where they would be burned. Those who died in the defence of the city had their names taken for the future memorial, before they were prepared for burning. Funerals had been taking place since the day after the battle.

Our entrance into the palace didn't go un-noticed, quite a bit of commotion as the crowds parted. Alistair stood with Eamon in front of the throne, Cerys now alongside Alistair. He remained uncrowned for the moment. That would take place later that day. We'd all been invited and would be delighted to attend. Alistair descended to meet us, shaking my hand first before doing the same with the girls.

Alistair made quite the speech about our success, lauding me for leading the fight against the darkspawn, though he made sure not to forget everyone who helped along the way. He announced the Teryn of Highever would return to the Cousland line, Fergus having arrived in Denerim the day after the battle, which led to quite the emotional reunion between brother and sister. The Arl of Amaranthine would be awarded to the Grey Wardens, a troop of Orlesian Wardens currently on route to the city.

"As for you, Ragnar Dragonborn, I'm not exactly sure what you want. I know you have plans, but I'm hoping your future king could call on your assistance for just a little longer."

"Sure, what do you need?"

"As the previous Arl of Denerim was murdered, I don't mean Howe by the way, there is currently a vacuum. His son could take the lordship, but to be honest, I want to make him wait as I'm sure we've all heard the rumours. I'm sending him to Gwaren for now, to run the arling there and prove he is a capable leader, but also to prove he is worthy of such a seat. Therefore, I am offering the arling of Denerim to you until his return."

I didn't really know what to say. It was completely unexpected. I was no lord, I knew that much, but I knew I couldn't throw such a gesture back in his face. "You honour me, Alistair. And I will accept. Of course, I'll accept!"

We shook hands to seal the deal. "Very good. The Denerim estate is yours to use. Although rebuilding will carry on, I'm aware Howe and his people has left it in quite a terrible condition, so I will ensure you are sent craftsmen so it can be made liveable."

He then looked over my girls. "And do his allies request anything from me?"

None of them said a word, though I assumed they'd ask of me things later. I went over what he'd just said, and realised he said Gwaren. "Alistair, if I may ask a question?"

"Of course."

"What of Anora?"

He nodded, obviously noticing I'd picked it up. "Unfortunately, the Mac Tir name cannot remain a noble line after the conspiracy and treason committed by Loghain. Anora will remain under house arrest, though Eamon has offered the use of his estate for the time being."

"If I may ask a favour, I could use some help running an arling. If Eamon is busy helping you, I could use some help myself. Anora was queen, and was noted as an efficient administrator. And you'd have to admit that she's still popular, particularly in Denerim."

Alistair thought about it, looked at Eamon, who gave a brief nod, before he looked back at me. "Very well. If it makes things easier, she can live at your estate." The girls burst into laughter behind me. All of them. I'm sure my cheeks got a little warmer as they naturally assumed things. If Alistair did too, he didn't let on. "You can collect her from the room I'm keeping her for now, if you wish."

"Thanks."

The coronation of Alistair Theirin took place a few hours later. It wasn't a large, grand event. It couldn't be, considering half of Denerim was in ruins. But after our victory over the darkspawn, a new king being crowned was a joyous affair, and Alistair had no concerns about heading outside to meet his people. I offered my congratulations then headed into the palace to find Anora.

The door was unlocked, but I still knocked before entering. Anora was at her desk, appearing to be writing something, though a large smile formed when she noticed it was me. She stood up immediately and approached, stopping with her hands together in front of her. "It's good to see you," she said softly.

"You too, my lady."

"Anora."

"As you wish, my lady." She giggled, this light laugh that... Gods, I really am pathetic. "I bring you news."

"Oh?"

"The king has awarded me the arling of Denerim, on a temporary basis."

"Really?" The smile broadened. "Congratulations!"

"That's why I'm here. I told Alistair that I have no experience in anything like that, but I knew someone more than capable of being able to assist me. He agreed without much hesitation."

She stepped closer to me. "Ragnar, is there no ulterior motive as to why you asked?" she asked quietly.

I looked down at her. I wasn't that much taller than her, but I still needed to. "I would be lying if I said I didn't think about it, my lady," I answered softly, "But you also know of my life outside. So... While I think about it, I am being honest when I admit that I need your help too. And the thought of you remaining here like this..."

She ran a hand along one of my forearms, running it all the way up over my shoulder before resting it on my cheek. Her skin was incredibly soft. "I had no idea you cared so much," she whispered.

"It's my fault. I'm trying to fix it."

"I understand they're calling you the Hero of Ferelden in addition to the Dragonborn. Careful, Ragnar, before you have too many titles."

Her hand remained in my cheek so I offered my hand, and she placed her other hand in my left. She just kept looking at me, a slight smile on her face, so I made a move, lowering my mouth to hers. She responded immediately, and she quickly introduced her tongue. Her hand on my cheek moved quickly as I wrapped my other arm around her, pulling her close. Part of me thought 'I'm kissing the fucking queen', before I remembered that she was simply Miss Anora Mac Tir. She was a commoner, just like me.

Breaking the kiss, she laid a hand on my chest. "Well, I can't remember..."

"Fools, my..." I paused, the next word earning a grateful smile. "Anora."

"How will this work?"

"I'm not sure. I hadn't exactly planned this. All I know is that I felt..."

"An attraction?" I nodded. "The very first time you walked into this room, Ragnar. You just have this aura, this presence. Do you know what it is?" I shook my head. "Your eyes. They have wisdom that defy your years. But they are also honest eyes. And when they looked at me, I feel this surge of... I don't know. Something I haven't felt in a long time."

"I have seven girls already, Anora. I know the rumours about Cailan. If you do this, you will go into this knowing what I'm like. So, if that's too hard for you, then we share this little kiss and..." She shut me up with another long kiss, the sort where I looked at the bed off to my left and was ready to drag her over to it. If I had been wearing a shirt and trousers instead of my armour, she'd have felt my cock prodding into her.

Breaking the kiss, she said softly, "I think that answers the question, Ragnar."

"Are you sure?"

"Not completely. But I'm willing to give it a go. If it's too hard, I'll end it before I get hurt."

"That would be the last thing I want. I've told all my girls the same thing."

"Do they ever get jealous?"

"Yes, but they deal with it themselves. The girls talk all the time and deal with things that way. All I try and do is make them all feel special. And I will do the same thing for you too."

She had few possessions left, able to pack them all in one case, with some clothes she had been allowed to keep. She didn't make any complaints about Alistair, simply stating if she had been in the same position, she'd have taken his head. I couldn't help chuckle at her blunt honesty. "You sometimes have to be ruthless as leader, Ragnar."

The girls were still waiting for me in the main hall, and upon seeing Anora with a case, they all introduced themselves, though didn't make it too obvious that she might be, for all intents and purposes, the eighth member of the harem.

Before leaving, I made sure I said final goodbyes to others. Zevran was leaving immediately, returning to Antiva where he would go to war with the Crows. I thought that was rather brave, and could only wish him well. Sten was also returning home, and we shared some nice words and a firm handshake before he too left. Ohgren had been offered a chance of joining the Wardens, and would eventually head to Amaranthine to join them there. That left Wynne, who assured me that she wasn't going too far away.

"I will be Alistair's arcane advisor, Ragnar. I'll be given my own room in the palace, and could always pop down occasionally for... you know, if you're interested."

"I would be. But you can always visit me, or I can visit you, just so we can say 'hello'."

We shared a very long hug before she kissed me on the cheek, wishing me good luck. The girls, including Anora, were waiting for me by the doors leading out into the city. Flanked by a couple of guards, considering my new position, we made our way to Eamon's estate first, where we all grabbed our few belongings, before walking our way up to the Denerim estate. Word had obviously passed quickly, as lined up outside were a row of servants, of which I could see Lenina was one. She grinned when my eyes fell on her.

In front of the servants was Ser Cauthrien, who strode towards me before falling to a knee. "My lord."

"Cauthrien, I am no lord."

She didn't look up. "I am at a crossroads, lord. Loghain was proven a traitor to this nation, and I now find myself lost, looking for my next purpose. I believe that is assisting the Dragonborn, the Hero of Ferelden, in whatever his next fight happens to be." Now she looked up. "I offer you my sword and my oath, my lord. Will you accept it?"

I offered my hand, helping her rise. I then kissed both her cheeks. "I would be honoured, Ser Cauthrien."

"Eliza, my lord. If we're ever on first name terms, my first name is Eliza."

"I had no idea you even had a first name," I joked. She actually giggled.

We immediately tried to make ourselves at home and I thought the estate didn't need as much work as I would have assumed. The darkspawn hadn't managed to get inside, so all that needed doing was some reorganisation and perhaps some new or more furniture. It was an enormous place, with plenty of space for all of us. I scoped out the room situation, and there were more than enough... if some people were willing to double up. There were also two sitting rooms, a study and office, a large kitchen and dining room, and plenty of room out the back for horses and more animals if we wanted them.

After dinner, I gathered all the girls together, including Anora, Cauthrien and Lenina, as what I was going to say would affect them too. They sat on couches around me as I got down on one knee in the middle of them. I figured being blunt would help. Gesturing to the seven, I asked, "Are you all okay with things continuing how they are?" All seven nodded their heads. "Anora, we've already spoken. Have you changed your mind?"

"Not at all."

"Eliza, I invited you here right now because we have an attraction too. Would you wish to be intimate again?"

"Definitely," she replied immediately.

I gestured again. "These are my girls. If you would like to be one of them, I would be delighted, and they will not mind. They are very understanding. Would that make you uncomfortable?"

"No, I was already aware."

"Lenina, would you..."

"Gods yes!"

I think we all chuckled at her immediate response. "Okay." I then looked each of them in the eyes before continuing. "Okay, so there's only one of me and a lot of you. What we all have to remember is that our relationships don't just have to be physical. I will do whatever I can to make each of you feel special every day, but when it comes to the physical, that's where difficulties may lie and where jealousies may arise."

I looked cross them again before continuing. "Let me put this bluntly. Leliana is the one I fell in love with first. That is not to say I don't love the rest of you, or that I won't develop those feelings for those new to all this. But there is something between Leliana and I share that... It's hard to put into words."

"We understand already," Solona stated, plenty of heading nodding in agreement.

Smiling at her, I continued, "Don't get me wrong at all, you are all special to me regardless. Solona, you are just about the sweetest girl I've ever met, and I know you want a lot more from this relationship. So do I. Natia, I can't begin to describe how much fun we're going to have, but rest assured, I'm also here for all the hugs you want as well. Sereda, you are like a dwarven Solona, and that is nothing but a compliment. I will always be here for all the cuddles you want, though maybe not when I'm working. Lyna, you have an innocence that I simply don't want to change in you, but I'll always have an open mind to whatever you want from me. Neria, I know we haven't been intimate yet, but I know we're both looking forward to it. All I can do is assure you that, like the others, as long as you're happy, then we can continue this arrangement."

Looking at Anora, I continued. "Anora, we've both admitted an attraction. And I'll be blunt, and I mean no disrespect, but your husband was a fool and Alistair has made a big mistake."

"You bet he has!" Brosca exclaimed. Anora just returned a sweet smile, continuing to blush at the attention.

"Eliza, we've already been intimate, but trust me, I look forward to it again if you want it to happen." She nodded. "Lenina, I simply helped you because it was the right thing to do, but I think you've thought of me fondly for a while, correct?"

"Since that night, Ragnar. I'll admit that you ruined the job for me. I always compared them to you. I just couldn't do it anymore. By the end, I was just working as a greeter and waitress. The money was crap but I wasn't being used as badly."

"So do we all know where we stand?"

"Who's fucking you first?" Natia blurted out, to the amusement of the group.

I looked between Anora and Eliza. "You'll get used to it. Natia tells it how it is. That's why we love her."

"Who hasn't seen his cock?" Natia then wondered. All eyes fell on Anora, who looked at me then blushed, looking away immediately.

"Natia, leave it," I said gently, before adding, "And Anora, there is no rush to do anything. We will be working together, and it would be nice to get to know each other too before just leaping into bed."

She looked back at me. "I'll be just as honest with you as you were with us, Ragnar. I haven't been touched by a man in over a year. Before he died, it had been months since Cailan and I shared a bed. If you're serious about the attraction, I don't want to wait too long."

"Sounds like the queen wants to be fucked," Natia exclaimed, "Wait until you see his cock, Anora."

Anora leaned into Cauthrien. "How big is it?" she whispered.

Cauthrien just looked at me. "Big enough to more than satisfy. Trust me on that."

"Have you picked rooms yet?" I wondered. Most of them nodded. "Good. Now, if you need anything, and I mean anything at all, you need only ask. I won't take advantage of my current position, but if we can make our lives as comfortable as possible here, then I'll do what I can." I took a deep breath. "One last thing. I'm not going to 'choose' a girl each night. I don't want to do something like that. I want to leave the choice to all of you. Most of you have managed to build friendships because of what we've all shared, and you've managed to agree most of the time so far. I have no conditions. One, two, all of you can join me for an evening. I just don't want to hear arguing, of growing jealousy, or of any fighting. If that starts, I will end everything immediately, and I think you all know who I will choose in the end. If it gets too difficult, talk to me about it. Is that fair?" A sea of nodding heads, all of them still smiling. I pretty much sighed with relief. "Great. I have no idea how long I'll be the Arl of Denerim for. A few months. Maybe longer. But I'm hoping to do a good job to help the people, and I aim to have a lot of fun with you too. And I hope you have fun too."

We split up as I took a wander around the estate, joined by Leliana. I had noticed something during the day, and mentioned it to Leliana. All the servants were female. I'm sure it had been done on purpose, probably a subtle dig by Alistair and Eamon. It didn't really matter, but there was half a dozen of them, three humans, three elves, including Lenina. I assured Leliana that I would not be sleeping with all the servants. I'm not sure if she believed me or not though it gave her a good giggle regardless.