All Comments on 'The Dress'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow.

That was so really really beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing story!!

OmenainenOmenainenover 1 year ago

So, so, so sweet! And such a perfect visual! Thank you so much for posting this to my event. I loved these two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was incredible! It's a really good story - well written, well paced, very hot - but mostly, I'm impressed at how surprising and interesting it felt. On a website where most stories boil down to a handful of scenarios (and I'm not trying to be dismissive at all, there's a lot to be said for doing a great version of a "classic" plot!), this is one I don't think I've read yet, and I sometimes forget just how much fun that is. Thank you so much for writing, editing, and publishing this for us!

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 1 year ago

This is an interesting twist on falling in love with a straight best friend, and I enjoyed reading it very much. When I was reading it initially, I lost sight of the significance of the dress, and so the ending came unexpectedly. However, in retrospect I can see your idea and why the story ends as it does. So five stars from me.

phlxxlphlxxlover 1 year ago

Wow! Please write a follow-up.

loveofstoryloveofstoryover 1 year ago

Would love more details of the sex they had. It was good, but I'd love to read double or triple the detail.

StrappySandalsStrappySandalsover 1 year ago

WOW!! Did not see that long, emotional, rollercoaster ride coming, but it was EXCELLENT!! As a straight-white-male, it is difficult to understand the beauty and challenges of love outside of my milk-toast, heterosexual world... But your description of the love, emotions, and sexuality between these two beautiful woman was as enlightening as it was stimulating!!! 5- Stars for you AwkwardMD!!

quitewronglyquitewronglyover 1 year ago

As a demisexual, this reads so very close to home in a lot of ways. Not all, of course, but it was familiar for good and for... weirdly discomforting? :) Hot when it needed to be, sweet when it needed to be and oh that confusion is real, yep.

pcman1950pcman1950over 1 year ago

This story cries – I cry – for more! 5, fave, rave.

servemistservemistover 1 year ago

Interesting story, not your best work, but well written

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 1 year ago

Comparing my earlier comment to those preceding it, I fear that I appear lukewarm about this story. This is definitely not the case. It is an excellent piece of writing, and a favourite story that I expect to revisit multiple times.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 1 year agoAuthor

I was trying to walk a fine line with CJ. I wanted a character who was Ace. I wanted her to have sex with her best friend, whom she has complicated feelings for. I wanted to make sure I was honoring the journey CJ is on. I wanted to make sure I didn't invalidate her identity.

We are all works in progress. It's okay to be at a middle stage, no longer where you started but maybe not where you'll end up either. Some people start of knowing, and I admire them, but this story is for those of us who had to do a little more soul searching along the way.

Marbury1803Marbury1803over 1 year ago

This was such a moving little love story. Among many other things, what I especially appreciated is it seemed neither of the characters were, in conventional terms, classic beauties. Talia was a more full bodied young woman than is ordinarily celebrated hereabouts. And one didn't sense that CJ was cover girl material either. Just kind of ordinary-pretty. And for me, that made the story feel more authentic. Thanks as always for sharing your talent.

lilshymynxlilshymynxover 1 year ago

So, so good. So much to disect and relate to. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Rob_RoyaleRob_Royaleover 1 year ago

Terrific stuff. Well thought out, relatable characters and a super sweet story. Perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very erotic and an interesting concept which, as usual, you explore very well, thanks loved it

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

You challenge us in so many ways with your storylines/characters — encourage us to feel/immerse ourselves. This piece no exception. The sex in this piece so captures the essence — after all, the sex should tell the story and vice versa. Your comment in response (which is appreciated by the way) so thought provoking: “… no longer where you started but maybe not where you'll end up either.” Hey, enjoy your creativity.

BodysurferyeahBodysurferyeahover 1 year ago

Brilliant. I think that you caught CJs torment perfectly. Hopefully the person that picks up the letter benefits from the purity in it. Almost like a tossed bouquet. Nice touch with the Vans.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

So so so beautiful so sensual so careful so enchanting ...... Coming to grips and now slowly coming to love what the can provide to themself ...... Thats a fantastic tale and the wish, that the two are soulmates, so staying together for a lifetime, is popping in mind

Ten hearts for this love story 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🌟🍀

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So just fuck Kevon, huh? "I know I was supposed to marry you but my best friend loves me, so BYEEEEE LOL!" Is a terrible plotline, and these are terrible people. It's okay to be gay, it's NOT okay to make someone love you, make your whole family and theirs come to celebrate the love and then leave them for someone else, for any reason. You at least owe them an apology, face to face, BEFORE you leave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To anonymous from anonymous.

Don't take these stories personal. Stories that paint men as evil, dummies, sexually inept and any other negative connotation you can think of regarding men is a common theme in (Lesbian Sex). It's sad because one of the stereotypes regarding lesbians is that they are man haters. These type of stories confirm that.

By all means share your thoughts regarding the characters and themes but don't engage directly with the authors or their supporters. They have made up their mind and any challenge to their thought only confirms that they are "The Enlightened Ones" - Life imitating Fantasy at this juncture.

Keep it Real

XactoXactoover 1 year ago

Complicated, but lovely. Thank you. ❤️

AwkwardMDAwkwardMD6 months agoAuthor

It is within my power to delete comments, though I rarely do. I think that, more often than not, the comments some people leave say more about them than they do about my story. For example, it is explicitly stated that Kevon did nothing wrong. He is not being treated well, and the story is not shy about Talia's guilt. She feels it, and is uncomfortable with it. She does, outside of the scope of this story, try to handle it face to face with him, like he deserves, and it doesn't go well. How could it?

Lots of people have good relationships, even great ones, that they would leave if that one right person came along. A soulmate. It would be hard, even downright unfair, but how do you deny yourself that?

The problem these commenters have is that they are used to society making them and their feelings important, central even, and this story does not do that. Talia's handling of her wedding day was not the polite way to handle this. This story was written for the Pink Orchid event, where the stories are women-centric. This story does not hate men, but it also isn't about them. For a good counter argument, check out my story for this same event from 2022, Orchid: A Midspring Night's Dream. Gill, the main character, is a fantastic man whose girlfriend is stepping out on him. He deals with a similar situation from the other side (although his girlfriend in that story is arguable worse to him than what Talia does here).

Kevon does get the short end of the stick here, and that is hard, but he is not evil, or dumb, or sexually inept. He was, canonically, a good partner.

I wish that either of these two commenters had taken the time to read the story past page one (I suspect that one of them didn't read it at all), but I accept that my stories aren't for everyone. That's okay. Some stories aren't for me, and that's okay too. Be kind to each other, though. We all need that, now more than ever.

GayKatGayKat6 months ago

Beautiful, 🌹 & 5-⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐!

-

Hallo AwkwardMD!

-

Queen Jackie and I, just love your stories, you have a narrative style of writing, that is quite easy to understand, and very enjoyable to read,,, yes!

-

From your two kinky dyke friends,

The Black Queen 👩🏿 and Gay kat 👩🏼‍!

💋 💋 💋

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I love that you made sure Talia knew she needed to meet Kevon to apologise for abandoning him on their wedding day, showing she was aware that he was not the bad one here.

But true love called her and she had to answer it. The pacing and dialogue were both excellent

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6435 months ago

This story is just so good!

The heart wants what the heart wants....

THBGatoTHBGato3 months ago

I haven't even finished this (just got to the end of page 1) but it's already a favourite. I love the concept and the way you give us so much of the characters with so few details. Incredible.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
Just pressed submit on my latest collaboration with Omenainen! It'll be up on our shared account (link below) hopefully in the next few days. I'm really excited about this one. It's short and sweet (and sweaty) and it came together in a flash. Can't wait to get it out to y...

SIMILAR Stories