All Comments on 'The Effect of Rain'

by sandy_paris

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54about 4 years ago

Beautiful story. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
great story

Thank you. Appreciate the plot, the meaningful conversation and the hot sex. Mmmm

BillyslateBillyslateabout 4 years ago
Quite Lovely!

A beautiful short love story, with an interesting focus, and "wonderful sexual feelings" between Sarah / Anna!!

Would love reading more of your briefer offerings!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderful story!

This is a wonderful story with deft, lovely writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fantastic story !!!!

What a lovely story of love that just “happened one day!”

Keep on writing !!!!

MaonaighMaonaighabout 4 years ago
Deft

You have a very deft touch when writing of the developing love between two people and the way in which they help each other to a better life. The story was short but just the right length for what you had to say. If I could make a suggestion for when you approach the end of a story like this, somehow show that there is a leap in time/distance/whatever, either by using symbols such as asterisks or in words. Between "...dragged her to our bedroom..." and "The rain...yet again." you could have written something like: "Five years later" or "Epilogue". It would just clarify things for the reader. But as always, Sandy, I enjoyed the tale. Five stars.

AnnemarrieHarrisAnnemarrieHarrisabout 4 years ago
Absolutely lovely

Love your stories. Someone else said deft handling and I can only agree

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 4 years ago
Short and sweet

A true romance that suddenly bloomed just as they were realizing it. My second reading, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Lovely! Good pace, nice writing, full of emotion and sensuality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
M

Thank for all your wonderful and loving stories. I can only hope you are writing more for Me and many others Who are waiting patiently ( or not).

JoeybagofdonutsJoeybagofdonutsover 3 years ago
So very nice

I’m on the other side of the pond. So I’m not sure what deft means, but I’m guessing it’s good. I love how you write. I could have read another 50 pages. Thank you for writing this. We appreciate your efforts.

Joey.

Paddy57Paddy57over 3 years ago
Thank you

Love your tales, you do sometimes throw in some real pain. Poor Milly! But you always tell a lovely positive tale, well done and thank you.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
To the point

Yes it can happen ...... Smile ...... Great

pseud277pseud277almost 3 years ago

The body count in these stories keeps going up; its worrying. Otherwise a small gem of a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another fabulous story thank you.

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

Yeah Fluff nice story

FandeborisFandeborisover 1 year ago

I love this one. Very good short story.

It must rain in England A LOT!! It was raining when they met and five years later it's STILL Raining!! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I keep coming back and reading it again and again. But then, I do that with most of your stories. Thank you.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Small but perfectly formed! My only issue with this story is that she’s spent less than a complete week with her and wants her to move in? Maybe I missed a turn, but if not it’s a bit “U Haul” to be moving that quickly. Good otherwise!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very nice story. The flash forward at the end seemed a bit rushed though. Still a 5 star effort. Thank you.

_robin_robin7 months ago

Holy sh*t what a lovely story! Small quibble - writing quality a wee bit slapdash in places, but still a great pleasure to read. Anna is such a sweetie. To me, that’s what makes a romance powerful & effective; characters that are intriguing & sympathetic. (TBH, the actual sex acts I could quite well do without, but that’s just me!) Thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

As usual a great story. Short, sweet, and totally believable. All you writing is brilliant keep going, add more to some of the stories if you can but write more I just love the way you write.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersandy_paris@sandy_paris
Thanks to those who have rated and commented on my work. I self-edit, juse Grammarly and reread my stories many times but still, errors slip through - I apologise for that and hope that it doesn't distract too much. Recommended reading order: Milly Scott 0 - The New Assista...