All Comments on 'The Egg of Immorality - Ch. 01'

by Phineas

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A good start but WAY too short. Feel like I just read one page of a book.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Always happy to see a new Phineas story with John and his women. Gives me something to look forward to.

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 2 years ago

@anon A good start.

LOL it likely feels that way, (only reading one page), because that's about what the word count would fill; a full page of typical font size in a hardbound book not in the Sci-Fi/Fan or Romantic genres! Those genres and most anything in paperback have a reputation for larger font(s) = more pages/more books in a series = more revenue.

Phin usually posts up, (at least), 2 Lit pages but he's not been a multi-pager, (6+), like some on Lit.

He weaves a good tale, and make his characters likeable and real, especially his characters' dialogue, so I offset the small helpings by waiting for a few posts to build up.

Those of us old enough to have read printed books for most of their life are used to waiting multiple years for a new book in a serialized story, so the average wait on Lit ain't too bad.

The most frustrating thing for me is when someone loses interest, or life just isn't affording them time to write, but they don't bother to write even a single sentence on their bio page acknowledging their writing production is stalled or ended.

Incomplete story identification was something I was hoping would be addressed in the new UI, even if it only ID'd the incomplete stories going forward, and didn't try to accomplish the herculean task of IDing the entire Lit library.

Even just some code to write a simple 'no posts for X number of months'

Seems petty to bitch too much, though, given the plethora of great, completed works existing on Lit. All it takes is some creative and persistent searching, and there are gems to be discovered.

Thanks, as always, for sharing your talent, imagination; and for the work it takes to create a Lit sub.

GeoD

maddictmaddictabout 2 years ago

He's back, glad John made it past the opening. I think Betrixa was very satisfied

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPhineas@Phineas
I've been away for about a year and a half, but I've been very busy writing on my Patreon site (https://www.patreon.com/booksbyjason). I came back to shamelessly self-promote and toss a few more stories on here to try and win some people over. Currently I'm posting some more ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES