All Comments on 'The Eighth Warden Bk. 02 Ch. 05-06'

by Ivy_Veritas

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great Story

This is a masterpiece, however your layout needs some work. A chapter should have some point, an idea. A book needs to have a conclusion. Some of your chapters end at weird spots. Your Book ending made no sense. The story and flow are awesome, just how you choose to break the story up is weird.

Thank you for sharing, please continue.

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 4 years ago
So...

The pattern so far, at least as far as Corec knows, is that when he lays eyes on a female magic user, the bonding magic is automatically cast without his knowledge. Why wasn't he concerned that it would happen with Yelena? Why didn't it happen with her? Is it going to happen with her when they supposedly have their private chat later to discuss his magical training, or lack thereof? That would certainly be a dilemma for the both of them if that were to happen.

Yes, I'm aware that the two of them bonding is not likely to happen because that wouldn't follow the pattern as we the readers have seen. The pattern that we've seen is that the future bond mates are introduced separately from Corec, doing their own thing elsewhere, only to eventually cross paths with him and wind up bonded. While we have seen Yelena's name before, this is actually her first appearance, so ergo, bonding is not likely to happen. Unless of course the author chooses to surprise us, which I'm all for.

Either way, keep up the good work. My only complaint is how short the chapters are, but I'm probably spoiled by other works that are more wordy. Aside from that, good story so far. Looking forward to more.

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasover 4 years agoAuthor
re: Jedi_Khan

There will be more info regarding the binding spell and the pattern of how it's being cast (and how it pertains to Yelena) in chapters 7, 9, and 10. Stay tuned!

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasover 4 years agoAuthor
re: Anonymous, regarding story structure

I don't disagree. The current story structure came about because 1) I wanted the scenes to appear in chronological order (other than the flashback chapters), 2) I wanted each scene to be told from a certain point of view, and 3) I didn't want to add filler scenes, since the story will be quite long even without filler.

I can't really change the entire story structure at this point, but it's been a good learning experience for future stories. Lesson 1: Use a smaller cast of characters next time. I need to go back and read Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson again, to figure out how they manage to have a large cast of interacting POV characters, while still keeping each chapter mostly to a single point of view.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIvy_Veritas@Ivy_Veritas
***** Get early access to chapters for The Eighth Warden through my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/ivyveritas/overview The revised version of Book 1 is also available as an ebook and paperback. ***** For info on how to obtain ebooks of stories that I post here, pleas...