All Comments on 'The Eighth Warden Bk. 03 Ch. 17-18'

by Ivy_Veritas

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasover 3 years agoAuthor
Upcoming Chapters

Early access to chapters is available through my Patreon, along with early access to book covers and other resources. The final, revised version of Book 1 is available now as an ebook and paperback, and I hope to finish editing Book 2 soon. A list of important names and characters is available through my website. Thanks for reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Awesome. This was one of the best chapters. Although not very intense, it moved faster than usual, avoiding irrelevant details. Leena's bonding was significant, but after so many repetition, it was good that it was not described in details. Although I wish the sex scenes were a little more visual, I enjoyed the hints and the post coital awkwardness. Provokes imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is such a fantastic story!

I love it!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
3 Page Chapters are Great!

Not only is the story wonderful, and the writing great, but the 3 page chapters are outstanding! The length of the chapters bothered me a little at first, but getting new material to read much more quickly is really, really good!

Thanks for good reading. Looking forward to the next one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fabulous job

Ivy, you are continuing to do such a fabulous job. Five stars all the way through.

I am re-reading now for the third time and taking notes about the Gods - both sets - and I can't wait for more clues. I have some fan theories percolating already, but far more questions than solid perdictions as I sense we are still in the early stages of your saga.

First, Corec being godborn. Well, not really as Herasis (the lady) said he was a man, but could she have missed the mark? I wonder if Fox played a 'cunning' trick that hid Corec's true nature even from her? We are still unclear who spoke in his mind and activated his arcane magic when he was five years old in that tunnel.

Second, who is the eighth bondmate? So far you have introduced the first seven pretty well in advance. This leads me to think Yassi will be the eighth bondmate. And if so, that would be a first for the Wardens, to have a broken bond and a reattached bond... it would be such a twist for all the others.

Then there is Snake, come back from a long hiatus. But why try to kill all Travelers? Or maybe that's just a great red herring with the knives and its not Snake at all. But I did find it telling that Snake chased Fox out of the Sanvari desert.

I do love that Shavala seems to be reanimating the Old Gods somehow (accidental purpose?). But thats pure conjecture on my part. Is Wolf an old God too? Or maybe a newly born Old God? Seems too simple on my part though. I wonder if she does something at the all-shrine that also affects the Old Gods.

I have so many half-formed theories, but I feel like I need many more chapters to really flesh them out.

Allow me to finish with another compliment. I absolutely love that the main 'Quest' at this point is finding the ancient ruin. Its such a novel quest idea and you have woven in the other story elements so well. I can already sense that the big end-game is war with the War God, or at least his Warden priest of the same name, but the Tir Yadir story arc is so much more engaging at this early stage of the saga. Just wanted to compliment you on doing such a great job with that.

I hope this story earns you millions eventually. You deserve the same acclaim as a Terry Brooks or, luck willing, a GRRM.

Anon Lurker

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIvy_Veritas@Ivy_Veritas
***** Get early access to chapters for The Eighth Warden through my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/ivyveritas/overview The revised version of Book 1 is also available as an ebook and paperback. ***** For info on how to obtain ebooks of stories that I post here, pleas...