All Comments on 'The Eighth Warden Bk. 03 Ch. 19-20'

by Ivy_Veritas

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing as always!!!

Thank you for the great chapter Ivy.

I also wanted to say I like the dry glib humor. From the word play to Marco's difficulty with calculating the value of Leena.

Thanks again,

- Coming out of the shadows Lurker Anon

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fun read. Keep up the great work.

Anxious to see where the story takes the characters.

HmanlitHmanlitover 3 years ago

Another well written chapter in a well written story. I found the scene transitions a bit jarring, a bit too sudden. I usually spent at least a few sentences going "wait. what?". A bit more of a transition hook could help that. But other than that well done.

I loved the bit at the end with Sarette. I'd foreseen the flying, but not that it was also a way to control the storm. A very interesting idea.

Now, how to get her down?

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago
Well done, finely written.

Looking forward to your future chapters. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Speculation disclaimer!

I read this inspiring saga within 30 hours. I couldn't put it aside. I even dreamt about it last night.

Yesterday, I read a comment that all the bondmates had been foreshadowed, but we were missing the 8th one, and that it could be Yassi, complimenting the group with a seer. However Leena may also become a seer, which seems quite reasonable now with her bond. And I couldn't imagine Yassi ever agreeing to be bonded again, after she was betrayed.

Otherwise the two groups that have been mentioned so far are the seaborn and the lizard people. Is the fact that the lizard people are not called lizardborn a hint here?

Anyway, I am looking forward very much, how you will surprise us here.

The dragon is the biggest plot point that has been mentioned very early, but not covered so far. It seems likely that the group will make their home in the dragon's keep, which is a well defended home close to but away from a town of Four Roads.

And what better protection would be a live dragon. I am curious, how intelligent dragons are and, whether they are magical. Shevanha can't reach it, as has been established earlier. The one powerful magic that might work against it could be an altered bond, if Corec can combine his magic with his bondmates. That would be the ultimate 8th bondmate indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great points Anon

Spectacular Anon,

Great points both about Yassi and Leena. I still think Yassi as the 8th bondmate is likliest, but you may be right. As for seaborn, they have their own warden, Shayliel (Five). While the Lizardfolk would probably not serve the God's plans for a superbaby. Can there even be a half-lizard? Interesting thoughts.

Dragonhold as their eventual home base is brilliant though. I like it and it makes a lot of sense. But I can't imagine a bond with a dragon for this story, might be too OP for ivy. Cool idea though, never crossed my mind.

I also wonder where Shana has been this whole time. There are several references to her being on a mission. Oh, and with Ellie and Leena seeming to slowly pair off, I do wonder if Bokhtar will also find a boyfriend or love interest soon.

Oh, and another loose thread: Who killed Rekon (the crown prince of Larso)? If it wasn't Renzi, and it wasn't the wardens, could it have been Snake's agents because he wanted Rasul in charge? Anyone have a good guess?

sweetone66sweetone66about 3 years ago

Regarding the anonymous posting just prior to mine, my guess is Rasul's mother... she seems very ambitious for/regarding her son.

I agree with previous commenters... Very good story... 5 stars throughout!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIvy_Veritas@Ivy_Veritas
***** Get early access to chapters for The Eighth Warden through my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/ivyveritas/overview The revised version of Book 1 is also available as an ebook and paperback. ***** For info on how to obtain ebooks of stories that I post here, pleas...