All Comments on 'The Eighth Warden Bk. 03 Ch. 35-36'

by Ivy_Veritas

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasabout 3 years agoAuthor

I'll start posting Book 4 once I have enough chapters built up on the story's Patreon page. Access chapters early by subscribing to the Patreon. Thanks for reading!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very nice, things are coming together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

IV...

This is one of my favorite stories.

Please continue.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another really interesting, and really well written chapter. Looking forward to the next! Thanks.

lonecrowlonecrowabout 3 years ago

Wow! So gods are essentially just ascended Chosars? And the old gods are totems! And Pallisur is a warden!! Is he One?

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasabout 3 years agoAuthor

re: lonecrow, Pallisur is not the First ... or at least he's not the First that Corec has met.

sweetone66sweetone66about 3 years ago

Five stars and favorite story, as usual. I am looking forward to your next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hands down man!!!

Boy ohhh boy........

This is one of the best one i have read. Honestly its the perfect fantasy story for me. I am sorry that this is anonymous but really YOU ARE THE MAN. Please continue. Its just fire......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Just a Request

Can you please just add something like a catalogue of the magical items and the ones taken by the Warden Corec and the Bondmates............ PLEASE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Please

Please add a list of the magic weapons and items from tir yadar......... please do so here i cant pay for the patreon_/\_

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I was the one who commented yesterday, the "Hands Down"one

I just re read the chapters in quick succession and i made a note of the magical weapons;

There's a Staff spear, 3 long sword, A Mace, Arrows(which i am confused if those are carried by shavala or the non magical one), a mail shirt(which i am again confused if thats the one corec used or the non magical), a Armour (which i guess the will leave), and a Maul(which i hope corec will get for him).

IV please clear my confusion or any mistakes....... hope to get a reply. I just check your patreon but sorry that I cant support. And please update as soon as possible i am just so vested in this and on top of that this pandemic situation i just cant get it out of my head. A great support to you and your loved ones.♡♡

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasabout 3 years agoAuthor

Re: Anonymous, regarding magic items from Tir Yadar

The group doesn't know what most of those items are yet, so first they're going to have to figure that out. Once that's done, if people still think a list would be helpful, let me know.

--Ivy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Re: IV

Ooo ya hehehe, so that in itself will be a catalogue...... right thanks for replying. Can u please clear the confusion about the chain mail and the arrows though. I actually re-read those chapters 25 to 28 and if i am guessing right, shavala used the magic arrow heads on the non magical ones , right? Coz she said the magical were long for her and she went to look for shorter in the debris down the next day. But i still didn't got the chain mail one cos there was a enchanted mail from the enchanted weapon room and other normal several mail in the other normal weaponry room. Sorry for prying if thats inclided in the future chapters, just had to ask. You can call me Pido ♡♡

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Corec currently has 6 bondmates (Katrin, Shavala, Treya, Ellerie, Sarette and Leena) and a 7th former bondmate (Razai). If he can't replace Razai's spot, then he can only add 1 more. I wonder who he will choose? Bobo, or Ariadne?

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Re: Anonymous (Pido)

Shavala didn't touch the magic arrows (the case of nine that Corec found). Those arrowheads can't be removed. However, when she and Katrin were searching through the pile of non-magical arrows in the armory, she found arrows short enough to fit her bow, all with broadhead points. Some of the longer arrows had bodkin points, and she discovered that the points were interchangeable, so she grabbed a bunch of the bodkin points so that she'd have a mix of both. That spot is awkward in terms of the writing--I might simplify it when I'm working on the ebook.

Regarding the mail armor, there was a whole stack of non-magical mail in the armory. In the other room, there was a single shirt made of very fine, thin chain links, hardly thicker than cloth. Corec is skeptical about whether it will provide any protection, despite the enchantment.

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Re: Anonymous

I somehow didn't see your earlier post about the magical weapons. The list is: Two arming swords (which are shorter), one longsword, two staff-spears, a heavy mace, and the nine arrows (in a case that once held twelve), plus the maul from the other room, and the stiletto from the Enchantment Repository. I think that covers all the enchanted weapons they found. There were also two longswords in the same room as the maul, but those two weren't enchanted.

The mail shirt and the arrows are not being used by anyone at this time. Corec hauled the maul out at the end of the book, but he hasn't used it for anything. The only weapon that someone's actually used is the staff-spear that Sarette has been trying out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Re: IV

Thanks bro..... Appreciate the reply. Though i guess you forgot to mention the armour that shock corec in the same room as the maul in the other post. And thanks for that list too :).

-Pido♡♡

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hi, there.

I'm impressed with the many layers of this story. I surely appreciate the RPG-like atmosphere centering on a group of adventurers in a high fantasy world. But this story is so much more. It's not just about Team Corec but also about history of a world involving many cultures, an apocalyptic occurance (The Burning) and two generations of gods: The Old Gods (Fox, Bear, Snake, etc.) and the new ones (Pallisur, The Lady, Arodisis, etc.), plus various antagonists and lots of intrigue.

I also like the various personalities of Team Corec. It's not just an ever growing collection of various character classes around Corec. These characters have their own personalities and pecularities, such as Rezai who insists on her independency. Or Ellie, who can't just yield leadership to Corec because being a leader is rooted deep inside her due to her ancestry. I love the unique views to the world provided by Sharana and Teylor, and I appreciate the steadfast support of non-bondmates such as Bohktar and Bobo. Very intriguing is Sarrinne's Stormrider theme. Does that concept origin from your imagination? A warrior mage channeling lightning for performance enhancement is pretty neat. I wonder what she will be able to do going forwards.

The one character I'm a disappointed with is Katrin. I'm aware that she started out as thief, as some kind of a roamer, and became a musician more out of necessity but I still wish she'd feel more passionate about making music - like Sharana is passionate about nature and all living beings. I think Katrin's bardic powers might be special if she could wake the inner Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, or Tuomas Holopainen (musical genius behind symphonic metal band "Nightwish"). Music and the emotions it can wake can be powerful by itself. Combining this with a bard's magic has the potential to raise or destroy nations. You understand what I mean?

Further, I like Rusol as an antagonist. He isn't just an evil character because somebody's got to fill that position. His backstory is refined enough to give him a strong and comprehensible motivation. He just isn't an evil personality: A combination of genes (demonic ancestry, insecurity), influence by others (his parents), and false/imprecise informations (the first warden) led to his warped perceiption of things around him. Intruiging. Combine that with a fatal lack of info on the nature of being a warden, and you've got a despicable tyrant. I'm crossing fingers hard for Yassi to have a hand in Rusol's eventual downfall.

Finally, as a summary to book 3: The search for and the exploration of Tir Yadar were exhaustive. But the appearance of Ariadne (plus the knowledge gained from her existence) and the final fight with the followers of Snake made up for it. I expected Bobo to get a true connection to Fox at some point ever since he introduced himself as priest of the Fox and Corec arguing that there weren't any priests of Fox. But I neither expected the "new" gods having a warden background nor that lone wolf actually being Wolf. Now it makes sense why the wolf urged Sharanna to leave some offering to the Old Gods at that snowed in shrine at the Snow Heights. And that's representative for your nice storytelling: Actions or informations that seem small at the start later turn our being important. Great! :-)

Now on to book 4.

Cheers

P.S.: You wrote this story would be non-erotic in your introduction... but this is still an erotic stories website. I wouldn't have minded one or two colorful 'live' descriptions of Corec and Katrin making love to each other or of their first threesome with Sharanna. Why not? It's fun and some spice rarely hurts a good dish. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh, damned. I just entered an in-work version of my most recent comment 1-2 minutes ago with incorrect names of the chars as I hadn't fully memorized them when I started writing the comment. My bad. Sorry for that. :-(

draco352draco352over 1 year ago

Awesome story!!!!!!

Rex0naRex0naover 1 year ago

The setup man. The big fight was epic and Bobo becoming a true priest of the Fox is so damn amusing. The Chosar girl giving me Promethian flashbacks, love this trope a lot. And now Wolf joining the game. This should be published and cost as much money as any good book can. The story is simply brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent Book, I hope this is being published. I would certainly be buying a copy.

I look forward to the next book and a continuation of the series

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasover 1 year agoAuthor

Re: Anonymous and Rex0na

I've self-published the first book so far. It's available as an ebook. It's also available as a stupidly over-priced paperback through Amazon's on-demand printing (printing costs are high for on-demand printing, but I wanted to have the paperback for myself even if no one else buys it). I'm trying to work on publishing Books 2 through 4, but I need time for additional revisions. Time is hard to come by, and I usually prioritize writing new chapters over editing old ones, but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIvy_Veritas@Ivy_Veritas
***** Get early access to chapters for The Eighth Warden through my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/ivyveritas/overview The revised version of Book 1 is also available as an ebook and paperback. ***** For info on how to obtain ebooks of stories that I post here, pleas...