All Comments on 'The Eighth Warden Bk. 04 Ch. 01-02'

by Ivy_Veritas

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

How do the Chosars look different from the humans? So far all races that has a part in the story has some defining features, but it is not clear how Ariadne or other Chosars look any different than others. Or do they look just like human, only separated by some other characteristics?

And has Ariadne met Razai yet? Given the poor history between her race and Razai's, I wonder how she'd react meeting her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another creative and well written chapter. I always like the way you easily split up the conversations regardless of past or future and whether it is one place or another. It is so strange to spend so much time reading a story or stories that have so many strangers with unusual names yet over time I get to know them and actually think of them as people I know in life. I obviously don’t get that in every story but your stories especially do this for me. I thought it was because I have read so much about them but I have done the same in other stories and didn’t have that relationship (for lack of a better word). I can’t express how much I enjoy and appreciate the amount of time and thought you put into your literary creations. Your talent as an author and storyteller is impressive. I could go on and on but this isn’t a dissertation so I will just say Thank you again for bringing some joy to the world with your writings.

Be well and stay safe.

J.D.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great one bro..... keep it going.

Strong support from me. Its just too good.

~Pido♡♡

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Re: how Chosar look different from humans

Chosar are the size and height of humans, often tending toward the taller end but not always. Their features are a bit more angular than a human's, but not so much as an elf. Their ears are the size of human ears, but come to a short point at the top--not tall and pointed like elven ears, though. In appearance, they seem quite similar to stormborn or seaborn, though without the blue-tinged skin and facial markings of the stormborn, or the hair that changes color in water like the seaborn. And seaborn tend toward the shorter side. Other than the ears, I haven't really mentioned this much in the story because every time I write the sentences, they seem too tedious to read. Those lines break up the flow of the storytelling, so they always get cut before the final draft.

Ariadne met Razai shortly after she first came out of stasis, and shouted that she had eyes like a demon. She doesn't know anything else about her as of yet, since she's been avoiding her. Despite Razai's subtle demonborn stigma (her eyes, her ears, and her fangs), most demonborn don't really look all that much like demons. Even Vash, who's seven feet tall, with horns, bulging muscles, and armored skin, still looks more like a human than a demon, since his skin isn't scaly and he has human features.

I hope this helps!

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Someone from Lit sent me an anonymous message asking if I have a Patreon, but I don't have any way to respond to them, so I hope they see this. The answer is yes, I provide early access to chapters via Patreon. I don't know if I'm allowed to provide a link in comments, but you should be able to find it by googling "ivy veritas patreon" or by visiting my website.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for your response. This clarified some thoughts I had and reminded me of some facts I had forgotten.

After reading the newest chapter, I remembered asking these questions and came back to find if there were any answer. Thanks for taking time and answering them.

As always, loved the new chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIvy_Veritas@Ivy_Veritas
***** Get early access to chapters for The Eighth Warden through my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/ivyveritas/overview The revised version of Book 1 is also available as an ebook and paperback. ***** For info on how to obtain ebooks of stories that I post here, pleas...