The Eighth Warden Bk. 04 Ch. 25-26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What--" he started to say as he caught sight of where she'd ended up, but she blinked again and tapped his side.

"Two!" She disappeared just as he swung his shield through the spot where she'd been.

She ran at him again, and this time, to give him a chance, she didn't blink away. He swung his sword, but she twisted out of the way, her enhanced speed and agility allowing her to avoid his attack.

As she passed him, she struck, hitting the back of his shoulder. "Three!"

"What are you...? You can't--"

"Four!"

He yelled and charged straight at her. She waited until the last moment and then dodged to the side, kicking the back of his knee as he went past. He tripped and fell to the ground, rolling over onto his back to look up at her as she pointed her sword down at his chest. She summoned flames to line the blade.

"Five," she said, not bothering to touch him with the weapon.

She stepped back and let the flames dissipate. The other knights were all staring at her wide-eyed. "And that's why we're going to fight the dragon with magic," she told them. "We don't need an army."

They'd seen Sarette fly during the training drills, and they'd seen her summon lightning, but they didn't truly realize what it meant. They didn't understand the impact magic would have on the fight.

Perhaps the personal demonstration would help.