All Comments on 'The Eighth Warden Ch. 001-002'

by Ivy_Veritas

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good start

I really enjoyed this. I look forward to future additions.

WlljamWlljamalmost 5 years ago
xcellent

great structure. has the making of a great story.

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you for the comments. I've submitted chapters 3 and 4, but they're marked as "pending" so I'm not sure when they'll be posted. Hopefully soon!

drmoo2udrmoo2uover 4 years ago
A REALLY GOOD story teller ... Awaiting more and more of your excellent skills ...

Very entertaining ...

bruce22bruce22about 4 years ago
Excellent Story

Smoothly told and full of promises.

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

Nice start to what seems to be an interesting tale. Hope you reverse your decision on the explicit nature of the intimate scenes as that is something that you rarely get anywhere outside here. Especially when accompanied by quality writing

goo_neiggoo_neigover 2 years ago

first impression.

First im-pression of reading the story.

Reading it I am far from immobilized.

It is like I am on a raft floating on river with a substantial speed.

Maybe it is nymph at the shore that makes it so.

kvalentinekvalentineover 2 years ago

This is one of the best stories I have found on this site, especially within the fantasy genre. Though I do have a few criticisms, this is a very worthwhile story. There are a few things I would like to note for the benefit of prospective readers.

1) This is is the start of the story, even though this 'book' is listed last in the series.

2) This story is incomplete, but there are at least 400k words so far and the author is adding new chapters regularly--about once a month.

3) Geography plays a huge role in this story, but the author has yet to post any kind of map. I am good with geography personally, but I'm still quite confused about where certain cities are in relation to each other, particularly on the east/west axis.

4) When the author says this story won't include explicit scenes, she (I assume the author is a she) is quite correct. In terms of sexual content, this story would be rated 'PG' and be closer to a 'G' rating than a 'PG-13' one. Sex is sometimes implied, and there are a few references to sexual orientation (this is not a major theme in the story, though), but this is pretty much the full extent of sexuality. While the lack of explicit descriptions is not a big loss to me, the way the author only hints at or implies sex can be a bit frustrating, since I feel the story loses a substantial bit of potential character development in terms the characters' relationships with each other.

5) The 'Harem' elements are not really a thing, at least so far. At the time I am writing this, there are 53 parts to the story and I have read them all, but, while there are a number of women brought together around, most of these relationships are entirely platonic.

6) This story seems to be heavily inspired by D&D and/or other role-playing games. While the author does a much better job than D&D in some areas, such as medieval weaponry and coinage/economy, there are a fair number of historical/practical inaccuracies (such as how armor is described) that seem to be a legacy of it's origins.

turtle1969turtle1969over 1 year ago

To new people reading the series beware there's absolutely zero sexual in this story, honestly this should have been in the non erotic category, if you can get past that it's well worth the read

SimplyJamesDSimplyJamesD8 days ago

I've kept reading as the story itself is interesting, even tough it's a little tough at times to keep track of the different locations as well as some of the more mythical characters. Writer never had any intention of "hot scenes" even though she is publishing on an erotic literature site. Not sure why, as there are other sites for this. Even admits that it is a harem type story and there are several options for delving into it even in this PG tale but it never happens. The majority of the characters take a LONG time to flesh out anything beyond their initial introduction, and often times the treat the male lead as either an enemy or an irritation regardless of all the work he does not just for the entire party but for each individual. Seems to find more joy fleshing out the lesbian love interest and the female issues (though plenty is left unresolved for unnecessary tension) than progressing the MC's plot. It's not a bad story but doesn't belong here, think of it as a C- LOTR/NOTW.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIvy_Veritas@Ivy_Veritas
1122 Followers
***** Get early access to chapters for The Eighth Warden through my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/ivyveritas/overview The revised version of Book 1 is also available as an ebook and paperback. ***** For info on how to obtain ebooks of stories that I post here, pleas...