All Comments on 'The Eighth Warden Ch. 007-008'

by Ivy_Veritas

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great sword

I like this story. You are adding charaters at a steady rate hope you can keep them all clear.

One point: Have you ever tried to draw a 160 cm (5' 3") sword over your shoulder? Any sword over about 60 cm (24") is too long for that type of draw.

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Re: Great sword

As far as I was able to determine from my research, a great sword wouldn't fit in a regular sheathe either on the hip or across the back, because your arms wouldn't be long enough to draw it. The pictures that I found suggested they were only carried into battle, and held without a sheathe (perhaps over the shoulder). That was a little too much realism for the story, so I'm pretending there's a "sheathe" that's mostly just the back (and not the sides or front), so the top can be unlatched, but the sword only needs to be lifted a little bit. And then I'm sprinkling that with a little bit of "fantasy story" dust.

If some SCA types have better suggestions, please feel free to email me with the details.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great foundation

Thank you for a great start to this series. It has great potential so eager to see where it's going. I noticed your doing 2 stories at the same time. Hope it doesn't burn you out and stop both. Looking forward to your next update. Keep up the good work

Ivy_VeritasIvy_Veritasalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Great foundation

Thanks for the feedback! My other story, Silver Street Strip Club, is pretty much done, except for finishing off the final drafts of the fifth and sixth ebooks. I'm spreading out the chapters posts so that I'll have time to finish the later ebooks before I run out of the earlier chapters to post.

The majority of my actual writing is currently focused on The Eighth Warden at this point.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent Beginning!

I do hope the chapters will continue to be at least this long. I like the realism, i.e. it takes days to get places. Thank you for indicating shifts in perspective. It's annoying when writers jump around, yet expect readers to be able to figure out who is speaking and where the scene is taking place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Story is great

Please continue.

Maybe longer chapters???? LOL

Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I am enjoying this, even if I am confused by the lack of sex for a literotica story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I find this confusing.

I am getting confused with all of the " 6 years before" and such. I realize it will all come together eventually, I hope, but it is hard to keep the names straight, and the timeline straight. Just sayin'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My 2 cents

I love the story and the characters. You are developing them and bring new ones in to keep the story interesting. I know this is literotica and most people think of sex in the story, but I am really enjoying this story. Keep up the good work and I will keep reading. I plan on reading all the chapters and so far have given them 5/5 stars. Thanks for your time and your imagination.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIvy_Veritas@Ivy_Veritas
***** Get early access to chapters for The Eighth Warden through my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/ivyveritas/overview The revised version of Book 1 is also available as an ebook and paperback. ***** For info on how to obtain ebooks of stories that I post here, pleas...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES