The Elves and the Bathhouse

Story Info
Meeting old friends of Selene, Layne learns about the elf.
5.7k words
4.6
2.3k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi all, thank you for the high ratings, the favorites, and the follows. I may be writing a bit less for a bit, because I am applying to medical school!! As mentioned in the first story, this series is my first attempt at writing erotica. The overall positivity has been wonderful, even if there have been few comments. I am growing and experimenting as a writer, and hope that you all continue to enjoy as I try to evolve this series and any future stories :)

Layne and Selene awoke on the farm, refreshed for the first time in three weeks. As they ate their breakfast with the Naudain family, Layne felt confident that they had lost the patrolmen, at least for the time being. However, she also knew that they had not cleared their names. She decided that their next step should still be going to a bigger town, and securing disguises for herself and Selene.

After breakfast, as they gathered their things, Layne pitched her idea to Selene. "There has to be a city nearby. I am almost certain we crossed into a new county on our way here. There would need to be a county seat. We can travel there, and get our disguises at last."

The elf nodded. "I think that makes sense. Once we have done that, we might be safe enough to go our separate ways." Layne felt a twinge of sadness. Though they had traveled together less than a month, she certainly had done things with Selene that she had not come close to with anybody else. Their last three days had been a whirlwind. She almost chuckled at the strict rules her sex life had been bound by before, though she knew they still held her more than she would want Selene to know. Beyond the shared experiences though, she had a strange feeling, thinking about the elf's long strides being absent on the next road she walked down. She was not sure what spurred the feeling, so she pushed it away as a problem for the future.

Once they had gathered their packs together and had dressed, Selene once again in human clothing, they returned to the farmhouse to ask the Naudains where the nearest city was. "Orten," Freya responded. "It's where we go to buy our grain and such. You ladies will be able to find whatever you need there."

"Mother," Delilah chimed in. "I can show them the way. I need to pick up some things in the city anyways." Her father glanced at her shrewdly before sighing.

"If I say no, I am sure I will find that you are mysteriously out for the day anyways. Go on then. Show them the way, make your purchases, come back."

Delilah smiled sweetly before shooting Layne and Selene the mischievous smile they were familiar with. "Oh father, you are simply the best." She scurried to her room, coming back with a full pack and making her father roll his eyes. "Come along now girls. It is a bit of a ways, and you two only have one horse."

As the sun rose in the sky, touching the cottony wisps of clouds, the girls set off down the road. Abel and Freya were kind enough to send them with a small purse of coin. Layne had declined initially, as one should, and then graciously accepted. Selene thought the choreographed dance silly but decided to say nothing.

As the girls rode, the sun made its way through its arc. The road was empty, and the day was lovely. Layne cleared her throat. "So...Selene, after we buy disguises, do you have a thought as to what you will do?"

Selene glanced at Layne, noting the other woman's odd tone. "I had not thought about it. Since I am wanted for murder here, my first intent was to get far away. Presumably I will find an occupation, or go back to the elves." Layne's breath caught slightly, chest stopping at the peak of its swell. Selene would have normally enjoyed the sight but was preoccupied by the thought of planning. "How about you Layne?"

"Well...I had thought I might try and clear my name." She looked down, embarrassed. "I am not sure how one does that, it is beyond the typical tasks of a woman. But I thought I might try, so that I can get back to singing. I do love singing"

Presently, the girls arrived at Orten. It was far bigger than any of the villages they had been to so far. It even had a wooden palisade enclosing it, and some of the houses appeared to be made of stone rather than brick. The gates stood wide open to the morning traffic of wagons and pedestrians, coming into the city to trade. At intervals along the wooden wall, archers stood on watchtowers. For all the pretense, however, the guards on the ground barely bothered with a cursory glance before waving most people through.

Delilah pulled up alongside the others. "Girls, it was a true pleasure meeting you. I hope we can see each other again. However, I have some errands to run, and I suspect you may want privacy while you plan your next steps." She leaned in, brushing Selene's cheek with her lips and giving Layne a warm hug. She whispered in Layne's ear. "Maybe next time it can be the two of us who have the fun." She then rode off, into the city.

Layne looked at Selene, and the pair shared a short laugh before riding into the city. Soon, they arrived at a tailor. It was no less upscale than the one from a few days previously, but this time, they had coin. When they entered, Selene murmured "I wish to look around," before disappearing among the shelves. Layne found an attendant and motioned her over.

The girl was around Layne's age. "Hello, I would like some black dye please." The girl nodded, took notes on the quantities, and walked away. Pleased at the simplicity of the transaction, Layne went and sat on the stoop outside the shop. She waited for a few minutes, and then a few more, and then a few after that. Frustrated, she stood, ready to find Selene. As she brushed off her knees, she heard the elf's voice.

"What do you think?" She looked slowly up, and gasped. Selene's hair, normally wrapped in a simple, if messy, bun, was beautifully done and braided. Tresses wrapped around her forehead, with what seemed like a hundred small braids cascading down her back. To Layne's eyes, she looked the part of a perfect lady. The mundane brown color had been dyed as well, turning her hair into an avalanche of silvery white, flowing down her shoulders.

Layne felt a twinge of attraction, followed by the pang of sadness from before. She wanted the elf to stay. Layne fought, burying the treacherous emotions. Selene had been a good traveling companion, but their time together had been borne out of necessity. The arrangement had never been meant to last, and she refused to entertain complex emotions on the subject.

She had nearly prepared herself to ask the elf when they would say goodbye when a voice called out, "Selene!" Layne turned, catching the elf's pale green eyes. Selene had gone rigid, jaw stiff. The voice called out again. "Selene! Is that you?"

Still frozen, Selene muttered through gritted teeth. "Layne, until I say otherwise, I need you to follow what I do and not ask questions. Can you do that?"

Layne nodded, wide-eyed. She was hesitant to find out what could make the elf afraid. Selene turned her head, and Layne followed her gaze. A trio of elves strode towards them. Unlike Selene, these elves made no attempt to hide what they were. All of them carried weapons, bows and knives, the wood on each ornately carved. The carvings looked different as the elves strode towards them, now resembling a breaking wave, now leaves and vines. Two of the elves were male. They wore breeches, but their shirts ended above the belly, showing exposed musculature. One had long, flowing hair, the other's head was shaved except for a shaggy strip down the middle, which turned to a braid at the nape of the neck. The other elf had her hair cut short, almost in the style of a human boy.

As the elves approached, Selene stood, stiff as a board. Her eyes looked like those of a trapped game animal, frantically searching for any escape. The long-haired elf reached them, and grinned, "Selene! Look at you. Liked humans so much that you decided to start dressing like them."

Selene's eyes flashed with anger. "Circumstances have required me to..."

The elf cut her off, smile disappearing. His voice turned harsher. "We know exactly what you did. That is part of the reason we went out of our way to find you. Come."

The female elf offered Selene a pained smile, while the other male flashed a smirk. Layne drew a breath, ready to defend Selene, until the elf gestured at her to stop. She froze, surprised at the fierceness she felt on behalf of the elf. She reminded herself that she was not allowed to want the elf to continue as her company. Selene looked back at Layne. "I must go with them. However, you still have the choice of-"

Layne interrupted. "I am coming with you." Selene looked at her in surprise. Layne's heart secretly skipped a beat with excitement at postponing their goodbye, which she firmly ignored.

Selene locked eyes with her. "Very well, but you must follow our agreement. Follow me, no questions." She turned, and they followed the other elves. Soon enough, they came to one of the better built inns in the city. The elves strode into the common room, finding a corner table and sat down. The room had fireplaces at either end, casting dancing light across floors nad furnishings of wood, worn smooth by use but still kept spotless. Layne glanced around the table, looking for any clue of what was happening. Selene kept her eyes downcast.

The male with the long hair spoke first. "Selene, are the rumors true?"

Selene sighed. "Gwyned, you have to understand, this was not my preferred series of events-" The elf shook his head, raven locks swaying.

"Selene, I am not here to listen to explanations. It is a simple question. Did you or did you not commit a crime against our ways?"

"If you insist on bluntness, then yes, Gwyned, it happened. But a man would not take no for an answer. He groped me more than once. I refused to sit by."

The other female elf spoke up. "Gwyned, surely you have sympathy. The circumstances mitigate the offense."

The male with the braid nodded. "Luna is right. We cannot condone her actions, but no elf can stand by and be assaulted. What message would that send about our people? That we exist for the pleasures of humans?"

Gwyned furrowed his brow. "Luna, Somnus, it is I who decide here. While Selene may have had her reasons, we cannot accept this."

Luna responded hotly, "Have you no soul? No perception of the dangers of womanhood? Especially an elf, among barbarians. You know the way some humans treat us."

Finally Layne could not hold her tongue. "What is Selene being accused of, that is so heinous rape would be preferable?" Gwyned glared, and Selene made a placating gesture.

"Gwyned, she does not know of elves. May I explain?" The elf nodded begrudgingly, his eyes like storm clouds.

Selene pulled Layne aside, but stayed within view of the other elves. "Layne, how much do you know of elven culture?" Layne shook her head, lost. "Elves do not have kings or queens. Instead we have tribes, clans, and cults centered around our gods. Each group has a patron deity, whose values we live by. Gwyned and Luna and Somnus are a part of my tribe."

Layne nodded. "Alright, that makes sense to me. People have different religions here too."

Selene shook her head. "No no. All elves believe in all gods. It is simply that each group is devoted to the worship of one. Every god needs their worshipers to remain strong."

Layne thought about it. "Alright, I suppose that still makes sense. But what does this have to do with you?"

Selene nodded. "Well, to put it simply, the deity of my clan is named Amathera. She is a goddess representing beauty, love, sexuality, and the moon. However, she also represents peace, or love between peoples. Therefore, my group is supposed to adhere to nonviolence. It is one of our most important principles. By killing a man I have violated one of our most sacred laws. Gwyned believes I should be punished for this, no matter the circumstances."

Layne sputtered. "But that is unfair! You were defending yourself." Selene hushed her.

"I know. But you are missing two pieces of the puzzle. One, I am not human and therefore am not governed by your customs. Two, while I share your view, Gwyned does not. He has spent most of his time in our forests, studying the ways of Amathera. He is not a fanatic, but he is a priest and therefore holds Amathera's laws above all else. He ranks above me, as well as the other two, and therefore is seen as responsible here." Selene walked back to the table, closing the door to further discussion.

When Layne returned, the elves were arguing hotly. Finally Gwyned made a gesture. "Enough. I can agree to a compromise. Selene must seek Amathera's guidance. Come." The elves stood, and silently filed out of the inn.

Layne was confused yet again. "Amathera's guidance?"

Selene nodded. "There is a...ritual that we can partake in, to see if she presents me with a way to atone for my actions. Once again, you are not obligated to come with us. The ritual may make you...uncomfortable."

Layne thrust her chin out defiantly. "I am not going to abandon you. We helped each other through this much, and I will help you see this through."

Selene was touched by the loyalty, although she did not show it outwardly. She was consistently surprised by Layne's particular brand of human behaviors. While she had enjoyed traveling with Layne as well, she had not expected this strong of a bond with the girl. She knew humans viewed sex differently, but was sure that this attachment did not come solely from that. She supposed that escaping patrols, staying on a farm, and coming here did constitute something of an ordeal, and decided that had to be the cause. Regardless, she could not deny that she too felt a certain warmth at the thought of continuing to accompany one another. Shaking herself out of her thoughts, she nodded.

"Very well. But know this. Anything that happens during the ritual happens. Once it begins, you cannot abandon it." Layne nodded again, and they set off after Selene's kin. Soon they came to a large building. The upper story resembled an inn, made of wood. The roof had many chimneys, however, far too many for even the richest inns. The chimneys all billowed, but some of them seemed to be venting...steam?

At the door, a man greeted them. "What kind of service do you require?"

Gwyned spoke. "Towels, and a private room for the day. No need for bedrooms, we won't be sleeping here."

The man nodded. "Very well. Follow me please." He gestured through the door. The group entered a vestibule, with three doors leading off of it. "Men, to the left, ladies, to the right please. You will find towels on the racks. Please leave your belongings in a chest, the attendants will have the keys."

To Layne, the interactions could only mean one thing, but that thing made no sense. "Selene...are we at a bathhouse?" The elf nodded, and went to the room designated for the ladies. Once inside, the women found towels, as well as empty chests. A female attendant presented them with a key. The room was all soft wooden planks, bare except for benches, and shelves lining the walls, on which the chests rested.

Layne had heard of the baths in cities such as Orten, but had never thought that she might visit one. The concept of men and women bathing together had always seemed rather improper, though she supposed for elves it was quite a natural arrangement. She turned to her two companions. "Do we just...undress? And leave our clothing here."

Luna giggled, her laugh sweet and melodic, like windchimes. "Of course! Unless you bathe clothed? I never did understand humans." Selene pressed a hand to her mouth, suppressing a smile. Layne flushed.

"No no. I just...I have never been to a bathhouse before." Luna's eyes widened.

"You must be joking! They are half the reason I come to human cities! Baths and brothels!" At that Selene did toss her head back and laugh. Her giggle didn't sound ethereal, like Luna's, but was deeper and throatier. Layne had only heard it once or twice before, but had to admit that she quite enjoyed the sound.

The women made their way to the bench. Without hesitation, Luna unlaced her breeches and let them fall to the floor. Like the ones Layne had seen on Selene, the elf's undergarments were a thin strip of fabric that barely covered the necessary parts. When Luna turned to fold her breeches, Layne could see the thin string running between her buttocks. The elf removed her shirt as well, followed by her undergarments, showing a very similar build to Selene's, although the curves were a touch softer and less muscular. Layne had assumed that the elf's hair, which was almost periwinkle, had been dyed, but her strip of pubic hair, shaved like Selene's, said differently. Layne felt something stir inside her.

After undressing, the girls walked into the bathhouse proper. Steam filled the air, diffusing the soft glow of candles in glass-walled brackets. A large central tub was filled with patrons, washing and lounging. Once again, Layne felt the stirrings of her arousal. Off the main chamber, curtains blocked alcoves from which muted laughter sounded. Layne supposed these were the private rooms. "Come," Gwyned's voice said. Layne turned, and her breath caught.

The elven men were naked as well. Layne had seen their bellies before, but now saw them in full. Both of their bodies were slabs of hard muscle, hanging from a frame more graceful than any human man. As with Luna and Selene, the men had their pubic hair shaved, something Layne had not seen before. It highlighted their cocks magnificently, and Layne had to stop herself from staring. She followed the elves towards one of the curtains, silently soaking in the view of the men's muscular buttocks and the ladies' slightly softer ones, though she had to admit they were nearly as firm.

Behind the curtain, as Layne had supposed, was a smaller soaking pit. The elves climbed in and Gwyned began to pass around small bundles of leaves. Layne looked at Selene questioningly.

"Layne, you recall that I mentioned you would be unable to back out once the ritual started? This is your chance to do so. That is an herb from my homeland. The ritual involves taking it. It will bend our minds, and help us get closer to Amathera, that we may hear her guiding voice. But that bending may be uncomfortable for you."

Layne swallowed nervously. She knew that for all her denial, she viewed the elf as a friend at the least. "Selene, I meant it. We have been companions through many trials. I will stay for this one as well."

Selene nodded, and then softly squeezed Layne's hand. "Thank you Layne," she murmured.

The elves took the leaves, chewing and swallowing. Layne mimicked them, trying not to grimace at the taste. She felt no difference and looked to Selene again. "It takes some time. For now, relax and bathe."

The elves chatted, exchanging jokes and pleasantries while they washed themselves. Luna and Somnus were quite friendly with Selene, and even the stiff Gwyned seemed to have relaxed now that Selene was making amends. Layne listened, soaking in the experience, while silently straining to notice any changes. Slowly, the laughter after jokes became more and more wild, less controlled. Layne started to giggle as well, though when she thought about it, she was not sure why.

Layne's body started to tingle, and her mind continued to fog. It started as pins of warmth in her fingers and toes, and then crept inwards, filling her with a languorous pleasure as it went. Her belly felt warm, and trying to form a thought started to feel like snatching at fireflies. The tingles continued to spread, passing through her arms and legs. When the tingling reached her nipples, she was surprised at how pleasurable it was, almost like the light touch of a lover. She wriggled in the water, giggling in spite of herself. She tried to listen to the others, but found their words made less and less sense.

12