The Emperor and the Temple Ch. 08

Story Info
News reaches Casbur.
1.4k words
4.71
2.5k
1
0

Part 9 of the 24 part series

Updated 02/15/2024
Created 11/26/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Harl and Zantina lay together on the great bed, she with her head on his chest, enjoying the shared, peaceful closeness that comes after bodily congress. Flames still flickered in the fireplace, warming the room and creating dancing orange patterns on the ceiling above them. Even the Queen's tigers were at peace, snoozing side by side on their bed near the door. Their breathing was loud but calming.

"Harl, Harl," she whispered. "Stay awake and talk to me a while longer. Why do boys always fall asleep so readily after they have had their way with a girl?"

She found his nipple with her teeth, just hard enough to rouse him,

"My Queen, I rather think it was you that had your way with me tonight." he said, still sleepy.

"Ha! Yes, I was vigorous tonight. True enough, Harl. Rather a change from the norm; with you anyway. It must be the wine or, as Joris would no doubt say, 'nemo saltat sobrius.'"

Harl, too tired to ask what she meant, kissed her brow and began running his fingertips along her spine. She sighed and pressed herself harder against him, raising her thigh to rest across his hips.

"Harl, I mean to marry Taneric. You know this, do you not?"

"Of course, My Queen."

"After we marry, you will not be able to come to me like this, Harl."

"What? Why not? Do you think he will give up his tavern girls? Do you think he will give up Princess Kasmine?"

"No, but this is different, Harl. When I am wed to Taneric, there can be no question over the legitimacy of our heirs. Perhaps, after a few years, with the succession settled, I will have you return to my bed."

"I understand My Queen. But I will miss this."

"As will I Harl."

They lay silently for some minutes, and then Zantina said, "I owe you a great debt Harl. Our army grows stronger by the day under your leadership, the realm is finally stable, my subjects cheer me in the streets. This is all your doing, Harl."

"I did not do it for you." he replied.

"What?" she said, raising herself to look at him.

"For the people, My Queen. Remember, my own sister was taken by Cargian slavers in years past - I have told you of this. My love for you is great, but it was my hatred for Charton that led me to do your bidding. You love your subjects, My Queen, and will see no harm comes to them. I will serve you for this reason alone, whether I share your bed or not."

"Oh Harl, that is the best possible answer. But while we talk of the people, of right and wrong, there is another task I must have you do for me. Our young men must be recovered from the Temple of the Goddess. Just as the North took its sons back fourteen summers ago."

"Indeed My Queen. That is a task I will take to gladly. But we must be cautious - there are many boys of the east in the Temple. The priestesses will not be willing to surrender them easily. And there is the treaty between the Republic and the North to consider. We cannot use force."

"Yes Harl. I have already given this matter much thought. Alfard will be reluctant to support the City in the keeping of slaves. It is a sin under Wodh, is it not? On the other hand, if we attempt to use force, it may provoke him. So, at first anyway, we will simply ask nicely. I shall send you to the City with Lady Jarvia - she was once our ambassador to the Republic and is well respected there. You shall defer to her in matters of negotiation!"

"My Queen, I can take care of any negotiations myself."

"Harl, obey me in this! The ladies of the Republic are not accustomed to facing demands from men. You shall accompany Jarvia, keep her safe and support her. Harl, you do anger me sometimes with your impertinence."

"Can I not argue with you, even when you lie naked across me in bed?" asked Harl, laughing."

"I would rather you do not," she replied, and then added, "Perhaps it is good that our boys will be returning to us. I understand the training they receive from priestesses makes them pleasing and obedient bedfellows. Perhaps you should send them back to me and stay yourself in the Temple."

Harl, perhaps wisely, decided not to answer, and within a few minutes the two of them surrendered to sleep.

****

Later that night, Harl and Zantina were awakened by screams and shouts from within the Castle. Harl rose from the bed first, throwing on his tunic and grasping his sword.

"Wait! I am coming too." cried Zantina, and he stood impatiently, watching her don a robe. Together, they left the bedchamber and walked towards the noise.

"It sounds like the jester, Joris," said Harl. "My Queen, why do you keep that poor wretch here?"

It was indeed Joris, and as they rounded a corner they saw that the Castle Guard had already found him and were holding him tight by the arms, as he blubbered and grasped for his mop of blond hair in anguish.

"It burns! The City burns! I see it in my dreams!"

"Calm yourself, fool!" said one of the guardsmen,

And then, seeing Zantina, Joris screamed, "Your Majesty! Have you come to beat me again?"

"You have been beating him?" Harl whispered to Zantina, appalled. But now, more residents of the Castle were arriving, disturbed from their sleep. Zantina ignored Harl's question, instead addressing Joris:

"You see the City of the Goddess in flames, Joris?"

"No! Not that! The City of the Goddess will prevail. A great man will be its saviour. Archimedes! They shall name him Archimedes! Beloved by the Goddess! But poor Casbur...poor Casbur!".

Joris sank to his knees before continuing, "Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes, Your Majesty! Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes!"

"Is not a fool supposed to be amusing?" asked a sullen voice from the group behind.

"He thinks he has the second sight," said Zantina thoughtfully. "But I believe his mind is failing him. Last night, while telling a dramatic tale to the Court, he lost his place and instead began to talk of a pig in a forest, and how we must all go see it. I am afraid he can serve us no longer, here at the Castle. Guardsmen, see that he is returned to whence he came. There he can see out his days writing missives against foreigners, and filling them with lies. It is what he does best. But guards, keep the costume!"

And as Zantina turned away she spoke softly to Harl, "I may need it for you one day."

****

When the Queen and Harl returned once more to her bedchamber, she bade him lie on his back so that she could once again arouse him and mount him.

"Are you not tired, my Queen?" he asked, surprised.

"No Harl, it will be morning soon and then we must rise. I do not wish to sleep again." She slid down him to use her mouth on his sex, but only long enough to make him ready. Then she straddled him, taking him inside her, leaning forward to put her hands in his hair. The pleasure began to build in her, and he watched as her eyes closed, her nostrils flared, and her breathing became faster. He pushed up into her, beads of sweat forming on his body, but she had only just begun to rock her hips in earnest when they were again disturbed, this time by a loud banging on the door. She gave a yelp of anger, punching the pillow by Harl's head in frustration, making him flinch, and then she flipped herself away from him.

"You go Harl! See what it is!" she said, pulling the bedsheets around her.

Harl strode impatiently to the door, not even bothering to cover his naked body, and opened it wide. A Castle Guardsman stood there, anxiously, his eyes momentarily drawn to his Captain's sex, still engorged and twitching.

"My Lord, there are messengers here. Sons of the North."

"At this time of night? Can they not wait until the sun rises?", said Harl,

"They have been travelling day and night. They say it is a matter of great urgency."

"From Vosgir?"

"No, My Lord. They say they have come from the City of the Goddess. Prince Taneric is there."

But now Zantina shouted from behind Harl, "Take them to the state room! I shall meet them there presently."