The Enforcer Ch. 02

Story Info
Derek begins to learn magic. But is it soon enough?
4.5k words
4.66
5.4k
3

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/30/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
N7Spectre
N7Spectre
60 Followers

Thank you everyone who read my story. And those of you who commented. I read the comments and tried to implement what the fans said. This chapter still won't have the answers that you are looking for but they are coming. Also as you can tell this is not a sex heavy story. It will come but much later. The world will also open up more in the future chapters. A lot more. I am just trying to set the stage with what I have in mind to happen. A few people have said it was short. This chapter and future chapters will be around 4000 words or a little more. That is the most common length of novel chapters so I am trying to stick to that. Anyone who has any ideas please let me know. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

*****

The forest felt more alive to me now. As I ran through the trees, dodging the magic. I also knew what I had to do now. When Hekate touched my head I had a surge of knowledge and power. The spells that were burnt into my brain as well as how to control the magic. As I hid behind a tree, trying to slow my breathing and calm myself. I could hear the attackers move in closer.

As I exhaled I could see my breathe. The darkness and the coldness weren't bothering me as much. My mind was focused on the task at hand. This was a dream so I could do harm to the enemy. I knew the attackers wouldn't suffer in the real world. Then again I wouldn't harm someone like this in the real world. I just had to prove myself.

The first member of the Cuthren was moving up to my left. As he got closer I redirected a fireball back at him. I knew it wouldn't hit him, just surprise him. As he went to dispel the magic I shot another fireball at the feet of the attacker. As he went down his body disintegrated.

Three other attackers were now on their way to me. I placed a shield around me as I got closer. The three left of the Cuthren were now in sync as they made a huge fireball to direct at me. Dropping the shield I redirected the fireball to split into hundreds of smaller fireballs and shot them back too many for them to block or redirect. As the last three went down and their bodies were gone, Hekate appeared.

The light engulfed her as she now wore a hooded cloak. She wore a smirk with a look of satisfaction on her face. I felt as if I were about to be in another fight. Instead she lifted her right arm and pulled it into her chest palm up. She added to it palm down and a white ball of light started spinning. She thrust her hands toward me and the light hit me in my head. The pain in my head was excruciating. Dropping to my knees and grabbing my head with my hands I let out a deafening scream. Then the pain stopped.

"This was just a practice against the Cuthren. You did well but you also have a lot to learn. You know enough magic to get you started. That's all your body can handle at this time. I wanted you to learn it on your own. Though there are things in motion to prevent that. This was to speed up the process. You need to practice, study, and train your body. You can do that in this world and the effects will transfer into the real world. As you get your body and mind ready your mind will unlock more magic. When you are ready you will become enlightened. When that time comes you will become my enforcer. You will enforce my law and power. It will be up to you to eliminate those who wish to destroy me." I heard all of this in my head as she was walking away from me. Then as she disappeared more of the Cuthren appeared.

This time there were six. Being able to defeat the Cuthren in a dream for practice proved to be pretty simple. As the last one fell I started trying different spells. Also drawing magic from different places. Until I knew where I drew the magic from it was going to be pretty difficult. Then my body was pulled from the dream as I awoke.

My body felt like I had run a marathon. Glad that school was out for right now. Also knowing college was starting in two and a half months. Planning on going to the local college to get the basic studies out the way then going to a different college for my speciality in coding and graphic design for video games. I also did odd jobs here and there for extra money. Things were going well the way they were supposed to until all of this began. Knowing there was nothing I could do about it now I decided to think about it later.

I pulled up at the mall just to have some time out of the house. Hoping that being around other people and checking out the new video games will clear my mind for a while. As I walked through the mall glancing from store to store I spotted a group of people sitting at a table talking. The issue didn't come until I went to walk past and then I could feel all their eyes on me. Burning a hole through my head. Speeding up trying to distance myself from the group. I didn't recognize any of the people there.

"You need to stay away from that group. Their parents are all in the Cuthren. They are magic users and have been using magic for a few years. They can sense the magic in you." The voice startled me as I wasn't expecting it and my mind was on the group of people.

Her words still reverberated in my head as I looked back and they were gone. Not knowing anywhere to go but home I started for my car. Magic users could be anywhere and I certainly didn't want to face any right now. As I was heading for my car I could feel someone following me. As I got closer to my car there was also a person leaning on it. The closer I got the more features I could make out.

She was a very attractive blonde. Petite with bright blue eyes. Fairly short at about five feet tall. As she saw me she began to walk in my direction to intercept me. Turning, my first thought was that I could get the car later. Walking away from her and the person following me until she spoke.

"Derek, you can't get away from us." Her voice was very soft and warm. I didn't know if I could trust her though. I stopped dead in my tracks when she spoke. Just biding my time until I could escape. I started walking in her direction.

A male was walking with her. That must be who was following me. He was very athletic with blonde hair and blue eyes. Typical good looking jock that could get any girl he wanted, in my opinion. That would be everything that I'm not. But there wasn't a threatening look on their face. Just a sense of urgency in the speed that they were walking.

"I'm Sarah, and this is my brother Brad. That group of people who were staring at you are on their way to inform the Cuthren of you. So you need to get in your car and follow us. When we get there we are going to talk, but right now you just have to trust us." The words she spoke were serious, or she was just a very animated talker using her hands while Brad just stood there like hired muscle.

"Listen to Sarah, she and Brad are part of the few that are still in my coven. They can be very beneficial to you in learning as well as protection for right now." The talking in my head was getting weird. Especially trying to keep my fear from showing as I was very new to all of this.

As I was about to respond to Sarah I had the blinding pain in my head again. Dropping to my knees I didn't even notice Brad pick me up or take me to their car. I was being kidnapped and didn't even know it. As I was placed in the back seat of a truck the pain started to get worse. Through the pain I started to see flashes of white. The pain began to ease off and I could make out a room with about thirty people. The group I saw at the mall was there.

The group was telling everyone else about me. About the magic they felt pouring out of my body. As the group was informing everyone I did feel good that they didn't recognize me. They did, however, recognize Sarah and Brad and knew I would be with them. I heard them plan to attack the coven that Sarah and Brad belonged to.

"You must protect the coven at all costs. Do not let my followers down. You have just unlocked more magic through your mind due to the fear you have. This is very sudden but you have to follow your instincts." At this point I felt anger. Not from Hekate but towards the Cuthren. How could they intend to harm these people. That alone would be enough to make me want to stop them. But there was something else making me want to help. Hekate was now flowing through me a small amount. The anger was from her towards these people and I was her tool.

"We need to hurry. The Cuthren are forming an attack on your coven tonight." I spoke with my head still in my hands laying down in the back seat. Sitting up I began to think about what we could do. "We need to get everyone together. How quick can you do that?" This was asked with more confidence than I had. I knew I had to get them to believe in me. I also had to believe in myself though.

"How do you know that's their plan? Why should we trust you?" Brad asked with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. I had this feeling that he really didn't believe me. In his shoes I can't say I would be a believer either. Not with everything that has happened to the coven. Knowing it was gonna be hard to convince him, considering I had no idea how I could convince him.

"The coven will listen, anyone who doesn't follow these orders will be smited." The bellowing voice that came out of my mouth was not mine. Hekate spoke through me and surprised all of us in the car.

Brad was driving and pulled over onto the side of the two lane road. The trees that lined the sides had moss all through the leaves. A feeling of calmness came over me after I regained control of myself. Both Sarah and Brad turned around and looked at me as he stopped the car. Both had looks of fear on their faces.

"Was that the goddess?" Sarah asked with pure fear in her voice.

"Yeah and that was extremely uncomfortable. Not to mention weird." I said with a chuckle as I realized that I was in this all the way now. If I refused she could just control me. Not something I was looking forward to.

"D-does she do that often?" Brad asked while stuttering. I got the feeling this was something new for them. That didn't help my fear with what was happening. Why was I different from anyone else?

"No, that was a first. Normally she just talks in my mind or in my dreams. Hopefully it was the last also." I said trying to ease the tension that we had inside the truck. We all had fear running through us. Both of them got out their phones right away. I decided to send a text to my parent's saying that I was going to be late.

The only reply that I received was "ok". That was weird. No questions about why or where I was at or who I was with. As everyone finished with their phones Brad pulled back onto the highway. The further we moved down the road the better I felt. It had to be due to Hekate and being close to a place of her worship. At least it sounded like that could be it at the time.

Going further down the road and me not paying attention to where we were or which turns we had made, my mind began to picture magic books. As the first book was laid in front of me, I could see the cover and pick out small details of the book. The winter green cover with black letters on the front. "Ancient Spells", was the title of the book.

"Imagine the book opening and then skim the pages. Since you pull your magic directly from me you can learn this book in about half an hour. Just make sure you are not disturbed when you do it."

"How am I able to read this book that fast?" Very confused, I asked this in my head trying to think of how I could possibly read this book that looked like it was over a thousand pages in a half an hour.

"Your mind connects with mine. So you already know it and you just need a refresher. Just skim it and everything will come back to you. When you finish with that one, there is a library in your mind you can tap into." It sounded like Hekate was holding something back from me. Time just wasn't on my side to think about it right now. I would have to recall the conversation later.

"How far are we from the church?" Startling them from how quiet everything was. Their thoughts must be all over the place like mine I thought. This situation was new to all of us. I could also sense fear coming from them. I wonder if it was because of me. Leaning back as I leaned forward to ask the question.

"Just a few minutes. It isn't a church in the common sense though. It is a church since that is where we worship. It's just a barn that we use behind one of our members' houses. This is going to take some time for everyone to believe though and we don't have time. I don't know how we're going to hold off the Cuthren. There's only about ten of us in total. With two elders who are unknown. We just know that they are very powerful and wise mages. But those two can't hold off this whole sect of them." Sarah blurted all of this out very quickly as she realized I had asked a question. Looking out the window, I started to pay attention to my surroundings. Realizing that we had been driving for almost an hour and I had no idea where we were.

"When we get there is there a room where I can have some privacy for an hour or so?" Looking back toward Sarah and giving her a smile to try to reassure her that everything would be okay. As she looked at me she smiled a half smile and nodded. Our eyes stayed with each other for a few seconds before she broke the trance. Looking down she started to blush then turned back forward.

That was something that was new to me. Nerds don't have hot girls looking at them like that. Maybe this would be good for me. At least for a short amount of time my mind wasn't working on how to handle the Cuthren. Maybe after things settle down I can ask Sarah out.

My thoughts were broken as we pulled onto a dirt road with woods on the right side of it. To the left was a large house. As we continued down the road a barn came into view. There was a car already there. The barn was a rust brown color with white trim. Nothing else around it made it stick out. It needed to be more subtle.

Exiting the vehicle after parking beside the other car and walking toward the barn, I saw a piece of wood above the door. It was white with a symbol on it. It looked like a moon with a five pointed star in it, with a partial moon on either side. It wasn't a symbol I had ever seen before. As I followed Sarah and Brad through the door going into the barn, I noticed a door on the left as we went in. Sarah pointed to it and told me I could have some time there. She then told me to enter the main room when I was ready. Just continue down the hall.

Entering the room I saw a bed on one side and a couch on the other. In the corner of the room was an altar made with candles upon it. The rest of the room was empty. Turning off the light and sitting on the couch I pulled the book up in my mind. To start I knew I had to find some type of protection spell that no one else would know. Maybe also some damage spells that wouldn't just knock them unconscious. I knew I had to protect the coven but I also didn't want to seriously hurt anyone either.

It was almost an hour later that I emerged from the room. I had learned the whole ancient spell book along with a smaller protection book. The protection spells were in latin. Laughing at myself, I could at least understand Latin. I had quite a few questions for Hekate when this was over. There is a spell to protect against anyone or anything as long as they are inside the protection spell. It would take some help from Hekate to perform this spell though. That had me more nervous than anything.

Walking outside to take a look around the barn I noticed four more cars had shown up. Off to the right of the building was a middle aged man smoking a cigarette. All of the nerves getting to me and fearing failure I decided to ask for one.

"Excuse me Sir, do you mind if I get one of those from you?" I asked kind of sheepishly. I had never smoked before. I would do anything right now to ease some of this tension though. Noticing how he eyed me. Not sizing me up but wondering who I was.

"Sure kid, the name is Randy. This is my place here. While you're smoking you mind telling me why you're here?" There was a hint of nervousness in his voice. Placing the cigarette in my mouth and lighting it with his lighter. Eyeing him as I did, but I didn't have a chance to answer him.

"That's Derek. He's the reason we're here today." Sarah said, making me turn around to look at her. As soon as our eyes met she blushed again. "Derek, everyone is here as soon as you're ready to talk with everyone." Then she smiled at me before walking back inside.

"Yes, I am curious as to why a meeting was called on such short notice. Along with the urgency in which the meeting was called." Randy told me fishing for a response. Knowing he wouldn't believe me right now and I would have to prove this to everyone.

"Give me a few minutes to finish this and scout around the barn and I'll be inside to talk with everyone. If you wouldn't mind please let them know that I am almost ready." When I finished I turned and started walking down the side of the barn. I heard the door close behind Randy as he went inside the barn.Walking around and looking at all the sides of the barn I knew what spell I would use to protect this barn and the coven.The only issue is it would only protect us while we were inside the barn. It would do for now but I would have to find another for protection later.

My walk was to scout the land and barn. Also to work up my confidence and courage. I had no idea if this would work or even if it wouldn't hurt me. If Hekate didn't help then it was going to end badly for us.

Hekate really knows how to piss me off, I thought to myself. Not giving me a lot of answers and just assuming I know things. Yeah, tonight there was going to be a serious conversation between us. I need to know what she's gotten me into. Although it's not like I can just leave now anyway. Sighing in my mind I knew the choice had been made for me and I was just supposed to go along with what was needed of me.

Finishing my walk around the barn I entered through the door. Walking past the room where I studied the spells. The hallway came to another door at the end. As I opened it and walked into the main room there were couches setup like three sides of a square. On the fourth side of the square were two throne seats with the same symbol as the barn. On one couch was Sarah, Brad, and two older people which I assumed were their parents. The next one held Randy and I am assuming his wife. The last one held a couple that looked like they were in their mid thirties. The last two throne seats had two people in them. I couldn't see who they were due to the hooded cloaks and mask that they wore.

That must be the way the elders dressed. As I continued to walk in, everyone was looking at me. When I reached the area where everyone was seated, there was a look of confusion on most of the faces before me. Sarah was the first one to speak up.

"This is our parents Denise and Mark Laurens." She held her hand out toward her parents. "You've already met Randy, and this is his wife Bethany Richards." Pointing toward them. "They own this land and barn that we use for the coven." Then she pointed to the last couch. "This is Jeff and Maureen Bishop." We are all that's left of our coven. Our elders...". She stood up and walked over to the first chair and bowed down before the person. "Are David and Janet Winters." She had a smirk on her face as she said it.

The elders removed their masks as I had a shocked look on my face. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out. Words just wouldn't form for me. I just stared at the faces of my parents. Hoping this wouldn't get anymore weird. Any more surprises would probably short circuit my brain at this point. With all the magic spells rolling around in my head and the shock of who the elders were just about short circuited my brain anyway.

N7Spectre
N7Spectre
60 Followers
12