The Evil One

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No thanks to my efforts Colonel?" she asked sarcastically.

"I continue to be in your debt Senator." He said pulling off his socks.

"This bizarre skullduggery you are trying to pull off at times makes little sense."

"She's a threat. If she conquers all, who knows what she could do with us." He countered.

"I know, you've convinced me of that. It's just I can think of many simpler ways of doing it."

"Yes and your party's platform is morally opposed to most of them."

The senator sighed deeply. "It never ceases to amaze me how many people believe that we can achieve ever lasting peace merely by singing songs and passing around intoxicants."

"They are your constituents Senator."

"I'm reminded of that fact every day and with that I bid you good night." She said and the screen went blank.

He loosened his neck tie as he clicked on a folder on his laptop screen. He clicked on an icon labelled "Annuat" and the screen filled with the image of a young woman. She was tall and had a slender figure. She was dressed in a long elegant dress colored dark blue that went down to her feet. Her dark hair was up in a bun behind her head and her complexion pale. She was sitting under a tree with a book in her lap. He moved the cursor and deleted a bird in the background.

"There. Now to clean up those lines and make you more presentable my dear."

*********************

"So, your main joy in life is my mere proximity?" Unholy One asked.

Tad nodded.

"You represent a grave danger to me." She said.

"I said I'd never harm you."

"I'm tempted to believe you which is different than most. Sometimes I'm not even sure I trust my relatives."

"You are safe with me."

"You are indeed a fool. This is much more dangerous than a contentious library staff meeting over parking spaces. They may not be able to harm you, but they certainly could hurt me. Everyone who is someone has surely heard about you and your powers by now."

"But, I've done nothing to threaten anyone."

"It doesn't matter. In people's minds you are a sign of my weakness whether you've indicated any aggressive designs. We need to concoct a story believable story to counter the rumor and innuendo."

"I'm not a very good actor. It would have to be simple enough for me to pull off."

"Tomorrow you will meet with my uncle, the grand chancellor of the empire."

"I'm not sure I want to do that Ann"

She got out of her seat, put her hand on his shoulder and leaned forward which allowed him the opportunity to gawk at her chest and bask in her radiance. Noticing the artery in his neck pounding she smiled before giving him a light peck on the forehead.

"You'll be ready two hours before noon." She said.

He nodded weakly.

*******************

As Rose clipped Unholy One's nails, she thought about what she had learned. "Strange how I was able to control him." She said out loud. Rose looked up at her mistress with curiosity.

"Rose, do you ever get men to do things they don't want to do just by smiling at them?"

"Yes, most powerful one." She said as she gently applied a sandstone to the edge of her queen's nails.

"I've indeed gained some useful insight. Just imagine if I had tried it on your foolish king. Maybe I could have avoided a war after all." Rose's eyes betrayed a brief flash of anger before quickly subsiding.

"Ah, touched a nerve there did I? It would never have happened. His breath stank and he had venereal diseases. It was better for you that he died in such a heroic fashion. If he had won you would have been under his lard belly full of his infected juices for he believed that only a virgin could cure him."

*********************

Tad lay in his bed and stared at the ceiling. His heart leapt when she offered him a bed, but sank when he discovered it wasn't hers. The room he was provided with was spacious complete with a tub and a pretty servant girl to scrub his back and advise him on his fashion choices. She had dark curly hair, a nice smile and most importantly, a robust bosom. His balls ached in disappointment of failing to break through with his object of desire and he had been considering relieving the pressure with the sweet thing that had assisted him with his hygiene. "Is she manipulating me?" he thought to himself. His cock stirred at the memory of Ann's touch and lips on his skin. The door cracked and light came into his room.

"Who is it?" He half yelled.

"Master?" Came the voice of the servant girl.

"Sara. How nice of you to visit." He said admiring her form as she walked up to his bed.

"You seem so unhappy. I thought I might be able to cheer you up." She said running her hands through her hair.

"Yes. I'm glad you are here." He pushed aside the cover and watched as she stroked his cock to hardness.

*********************

The chancellor leaned his tall, thin frame forward towards Tad, giving him the serious look fathers give their daughter's paramours.

"You certainly have caused a ruckus in the household haven't you?" He said.

"It was not my intention, sir."

"You understand that matrimony is out of the question."

"Yes sir."

"It is important for the empire and her own sake that this relationship be kept platonic."

Tad paused mulling over his answer. "I would do nothing that harms her. I promise"

"You are a man, with normal male desires. Use the resources available like you did last night so you can keep that oath you just made."

"There really are no secrets in the royal palace." He thought to himself not sure to admit his supposed infidelity to a woman he had no actual relationship. He looked down in embarrassment not wanting to see her face.

"Uncle, we to explain his presence. The servants know of him and the stories have surely spread like a wild fire." Unholy One said, seemingly unmoved by the revelation of Tad's activities.

"Yes, we certainly can't let anyone know he's from the Republic. Tad, have you mentioned it to anyone?" The chancellor asked.

Tad shook his head, still ashamed.

"What about him being from the far north? His accent is a little like theirs." Unholy One offered.

"Yes, the wild lands. We could say he's one of the travelling wise men that occasionally grace our halls. We could say he's teaching you some new magic."

"We need the staff know that no others like that are allowed on the compound lest we blow his cover."

"I could just say that I moved here when I was young and that I never learned their language." Tad offered.

"It's better that you say nothing. Now if you don't mind, I need some privacy to speak with my niece."

Tad was relieved that he didn't have to hear any condemnation from Unholy One, though he was sure it would come later, and he left quickly.

"That boy is an open book." The Chancellor commented.

"Yes, he certainly lacks guile. He reminds me of a big friendly dog." Unholy One said.

"A political liability. What are your plans?"

"I'm learning to control him. The more I learn about him, the better my chances of getting rid of him. Maybe I'll even find out the source of his magic and neutralize it. Personally, I'd like to find out how he got past the guardians."

"Maybe we can get him to go back, then make changes so he can't return?"

"Yes, but we need to know more before we send mages through the desert."

"We'll have to make sure that girl and the rest of the staff report anything interesting."

*********************

Tad felt useless as he watched household bustle about in its daily routine. He had no responsibilities nor had been given access to any diversions. He was allowed to wander the grounds and explore the various gardens and outlying buildings. One thing that he did notice was that he was never truly alone. It seemed that no matter what he did or where he went, there was always a servant, guard or official keeping an eye on him. He cursed the fact he had no camera nor artistic ability to record the lovely moss covered stone temple he had found tucked away in a grove of trees near the palace wall. As he examined the intricate carvings on the sides, there was a polite cough from behind. Turning about he saw that it was Sara, the dark haired girl that he shared with his bed with the previous night.

"Master Tad? Are you lost?" She asked sweetly.

"Not lost, but in need of a guide." He smiled at her his mind back to the memories of her charms now concealed under her palace uniform.

"I'd be happy to show you about." She bounced happily.

"That would be wonderful. It would be nice to know a little about each of these buildings."

"Some of these have been around for over a thousand years, though the one you are admiring is only about fifty."

"Only fifty huh? Was it built by The Unholy One's grandparents?"

The look on her face told him that he had breached an uncomfortable subject.

"No. Let's see some of the more interesting architecture shall we?" She asked.

They spent the next hour walking the grounds visiting various attractions related to the rich history of the palace. Between history lessons, she asked him questions about his background but seemed particularly interested in how he got there. When it appeared that she was making no headway in the matter she guided him to the wall of a small shrine and instructed him to lean against the wall where she kissed him passionately.

"You are asking me the same questions both the Unholy One and the Chancellor have asked me." Tad said half accusingly.

"It is true that I must watch you. I used to take care of one of her generals but she executed him recently, so she brought me here." She said as her hands played across his chest.

"Then last night was just an intelligence gathering?"

"I was merely told to prepare your bath. Everything else that happened was on my own initiative." She said pressing her bosom against him. Her hands went down to his crotch. She kissed him again then knelt in front of him. She undid his fly and pulled out his cock. With one hand playing with his balls and the other stroking his dick expertly it became hard quickly.

"You are full on tension again. Let me relieve it." She giggled as she put it in her mouth. After a few strong sucks she pulled it out and licked the base of his cock. "This is a holy place, don't tell anyone what I'm doing for you." She said between licks. He closed his eyes as her mouth again enveloped his dick in moist attention. She created a vacuum and started bobbing up and down like a piston. His heartbeat pounded in his ears as a circle of pleasure radiated outwards from his cock. Like a seasoned pro, she brought him rapidly to orgasm and he filled her mouth with his hot cum. She smiled and swallowed with a loud gulp as her stroked her dark curly hair in thanks.

"Finished?" A voice nearby said. He looked up and gasped. "Unholy One."

Sara spun about and eyes widened in terror. She threw herself on the ground face down, her body shivering in fear. Tad awkwardly stuffed his still erect cock back in his pants.

"I'm sure the gods will be happy to know such activities are occurring in such hallowed ground." Unholy One said in a flat voice.

"I'm sorry. Please don't hurt her." He plead.

"That will be decided later. Sara, you will go." She pointed.

"As...As you command." She said through the edge of her sobbing. She stood up eyes downcast. She continued to shiver as she first side stepped, then backed off until safely around a corner.

"So now you are finished despoiling my staff, I'd like you to know that I require your presence in my quarters.

"I'm really sorry. I wish you would forgive her."

"Why? It's not like you betrayed me. She's pretty, you are a man and most importantly it diverts your desires away from me."

He slumped against the wall as if he had actually been shot through the heart.

*********************

Tad and Unholy One sat at a small table in a private dining room.

"Please eat. It's a waste of perfectly good food. Not a drop of poison in it."

"I'm sorry." His eyes downcast as he picked at his food.

"Were you shocked by what I said?"

"My mind says no, my heart says yes."

"I'll make a deal with you Tad."

"The three of us are the only ones that know of this incident. If we say nothing of it, then nothing will happen. As long as it stays that way, she won't be punished."

"Unholy One you are kind."

"Why not Ann?"

"You like that name?" Tad asked hopefully.

Unholy One was caught off guard. A silence followed as she tried to regain her balance.

"Why...yes, I like it. For some reason it reminds me of something from long ago. I'll allow it in private." She gave him a small smile.

Tad's appetite suddenly returned and he dug into the food. She looked at him wondering why such a little gesture had made him so happy, more importantly was why she had felt pleasure over a rather trifling compromise.

"You never answered my question about learning my language."

"I learned it from the Dread Empire club."

"But how did they learn it?"

"I'm not sure. It's a very nerdish thing to do and many made fun of us. Rumor was that someone from the Empire came to the Republic. Until I got here I assumed it was completely made up."

"Nerdish? Is that a word from your language?"

"Yes it refers to people who like learning obscure and useless information."

"We have the same type here. Most of them are mages. Sometimes they are very helpful."

"If I ever get back, I'll update the dictionaries and grammar guides from what I've learned."

"Your language skills have improved, Tad." She smiled encouragingly. For some reason Tad's brain released endorphins that made his scalp tingle. She got up from her seat at the head of the table and moved to the seat next to him. Her proximity helped the previous disappointment melt away. "I've always wanted to know exactly how you got here. It's not an easy journey." She asked, her hand resting on his knee.

"There is a passage way under the mountains and you must cross a desert." She said.

"Yes, I almost died a couple of times."

"My question is how you got past the guardians?" her hand gave his knee a squeeze.

"I don't know."

She gave him an exasperated look and withdrew her hand.

"I actually don't know why or how. When I saw them they appeared to be sleeping. I literally tip toed past them. About halfway, they awoke sniffing the air. The biggest one growled and looked right at me as if it were confused, but in the end I was able to get by."

"You just walked quietly?" She looked disappointed.

"Essentially that's what I did. What were those things?"

"Magical constructs created long ago by my ancestors. It might be time for me to take a look at them. It's possible that you weren't the only to get past them."

Tad sat in silence worrying that he had said too much and hoping she'd touch him again.

"I must leave now. Tomorrow I must meet with the crown prince of the Alcatanian kingdom."

"A potential marriage?"

"I don't like him. He talks about his muscles and his horses too much." She noted his hopeful expression and shook her head.

"These treaties are sealed in marriage. I'd rather have them join us then send an army over the mountains to fight them."

"What will I do then?"

"Not follow me around. If you wish, I can give you a small estate that you can share with that pretty servant girl."

Tad felt the anvil of unhappiness weighing on his heart like he did at the beginning of the conversation.

"Tomorrow a tailor will give you some proper clothes, a blacksmith will give you some armor and maybe if there's time you can get some horseback riding lessons."

*******************

The Unholy One watched as her uncle and the ambassador talked amiably. Next to her the crown prince of the Alcatanian throne babbled on about his exploits. Every once in a while she threw in a question or comment that gave the illusion of a two sided conversation and kept him happy. General Mar suddenly appeared in the hall wearing his full battle armor and appearing as though he had been riding all day. They made eye contact allowing her to break off the conversation politely.

"My Queen, we have them! They have confessed." He reported proudly.

"Where are they now?" She asked.

"In the City of the Blessed."

"Good. Schedule their execution for the rising of the full moon in three days. Traitor's death."

"As you command."

She hurried over to her uncle and the ambassador to give the good news. The ambassador struggled to hide his discomfort but accepted the invitation to the execution. The Prince chuckled at the news and asked for a front row seat.

*******************

A table had been set up in a small garden in the shade of a sculpted pine tree. Nearby a small stream gurgled as the water cascaded over a fall of rocks. There were two wine cups and a small plate of sweet breads on the table. Unholy One sat waiting wearing the same dress she wore when she saw him at the military parade. Tad arrived and his eyes conveyed his happiness at seeing her.

"Well now it looks like Sara really knows how to dress you. Thank you for making yourself scarce over the past few days. I didn't want Prince Beefy to see you." She said smiling.

"Beefy? Is that the name you've given your future husband?"

"Not a done deal yet."

"Where is he?" Tad sat down his eyes admiring her form.

"Out hunting with his...'bros' as you say in your language." She said pouring wine into his cup.

"So it's just us?"

"Plus the servants. You've given me nothing to worry about."

"Nobody else?" He said incredulously.

"There is nobody else to invite."

"I noticed. I hope I'm not being intrusive. I just thought you would have crowds around you all the time."

"Yes. Most royalty do. When I visited the King of Garrul last summer he was constantly surrounded by all manner of people. Most of them were just hangers on hoping for a slice of the royal treasury, but he also had many friends and family too. We were having a meeting when one of his kids burst in riding a goat and screeching like a banshee. I expected him to cast her aside angrily, but he pulled the little tyke up into his lap and proceeded to sing a silly song with her. Later he told me that family is more important than any treasure or military victory. My uncle advised that I not be offended."

"And your family?"

"Just my uncle."

"No other family or friends?"

"No."

The brevity of her answer suggested to him that maybe he should back off for now, though he was bursting with questions. A servant broke the silence by bringing the first course of the meal. Somewhere nearby a group of musicians started playing. She looked off through the foliage of a flowering Styrax tree as if thinking her next answer.

"I'm sorry if I intruded on a delicate subject." Tad offered.

"No. I'm just thinking. Come to think of it, I guess I did have a family, though they in no way would be welcome in the palace."

"This soup is delicious. What's it made of?"

"No need to change the subject." She turned to look at him.

"I admire you. Not many would dare to breach the subject, for they already know the answer. You had no idea so you went ahead oblivious to the danger."

"I'm so dumb. I guess I should have asked around first." Tad admitted.

"I would have found out you were asking and it is better I give my version."

"You don't have to if it bothers you."

"No, I trust you. You are one of the very few that I can say that."

They stopped talking when a servant cleared the table. For a short time they listened to the music, Tad's eyes admiring her face, he was aching to touch it.

"Though I am a powerful magician and successful in the field of battle I am an unpopular ruler."

"Why so? Everyone loves success."

"I am a usurper. I killed the previous king. I hunted down the last members of his family two years ago."