All Comments on 'The Expat'

by Kojak01

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Awww.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Beautiful story.Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hydrophobia

Lovely story. It's so nice when a man falls in love with a woman and her child both (or the other way 'round). 5*. But I found it a bit funny when you used the word 'hydrophobia'. It is a synonym for the disease rabies, and in the US at least about the only way it is used. I could not help but visualize Suze with foaming mouth and yellow eyes, springing at Phillip to tear out his throat. That unfortunate contrast with her loving nature was amusing in an odd sort of way. No matter, though. I like your writing; keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
To Anonymous

Hydrophobia is in fact a fear of water which just happens to be one of the symptoms of rabies. The authors use of the word is correct as understood by any person who knows real English.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
Fantasy, thy name is Literotica

If there's one thing consistant about this website it's the understanding in all the categories that this is a medium for fantasy. The protagonists in this story are all virtually perfect. They almost always do the right thing and in that sense they're utterly unbelievable. Yet, this is what Literotica is all about and we all love it. I get a kick out of the nitpickers who don't like this behavior or that (and once in a while I do it myself), and offer alternative plot mechanisms. (The only aspect of Literotica that's unpardonable is the highlty erratic quality of the spelling, grammar and continuity of the stories.) To me this was a 5* fantasy and although it would have been nice to have a little adversity built into their lives to spice up the story, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you, Kojak, for a walk in the Land of Make Believe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very Good

Story. Usually I like more character development. I'd loved more info on Amy's background but wasn't critical. I thought they moved rather fast but it went well with the ending. Suze. What can I say? Sounds like a serious cutie a dad would be so proud to have as a daughter. The Gold Medal at the ending was incredibly moving. 5 stars. Shame no part 2 tho.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 6 years ago
Fantastic

Absolutely wonderful. The only thing I'm really left wondering is how Connie always knew. Part of me was hoping she turned out to be Amy's mom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 stars sorry it recorded 4

Fantastic story. Especially the ending.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 6 years ago
Thank you for a wonderful story.

Happy holidays!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Can a story get any better than this, I dont think so. Thanks for sharing it.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 6 years ago
The best part?

OK, the gold medal was a bit too much, but when Suze first called Phil 'Daddy,' well, if you've never experienced that, you can't know how great it feels.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Just What I Needed!

A heartwarming Romance for Christmas Eve.... Thanks very much!

I have to say that your writing is terrific, especially for someone whose mother tongue is German. I've enjoyed both of the short stories you've contributed, so now I'll move on to one of your longer works.

Bravo!

ukdukeukdukeover 6 years ago
Lovely!

A lovely story.

Had to smile at the ending but hey who doesn't want their children to be the best they can be? After all this IS fiction. So everything is possible!! Lol!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the best.

This is the kind of story for which I envision this forum was meant. It serves as one of the too few role models for authors of romantic erotica to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I agree

Thanks Kojak01 for improving the Romance section. I agree with another comment, and I hope this serves as a great example to others, of what belongs in Romance.

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
A really good story!

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 6 years ago
Lovely story

Thank you so much for this enjoyable romance.

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Warm and Satisfying Story.

A very enjoyable read with warm and absorbing characters that make me look for more from this author. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
***************************************************************************************************

Inspirational

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Beautiful Love Story

Brilliant,

When reading the ingredients of a compound you find inert, active, and sometimes a catalyst. This Young family has three active ingredients, but Suze is the catalyst.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Dear anonymous, according to Merriam Webster Dictionary

Medical Definition of hydrophobia

1 : a morbid dread of water

2 a : extreme fearfulness of swallowing liquids that is symptomatic of rabies and results from painful spasms of the throat

In classic cases, there is a fear of drinking liquids, or hydrophobia, despite thirst due to spasm of the throat muscles. —Lawrence K. Altman, The New York Times, 24 Aug. 1993

b : rabies

Rabies victims at first feel a general malaise and restlessness, then grow increasingly agitated with painful spasms of the throat. … Soon they cannot drink, which is why rabies has been called “hydrophobia.” —Wayne Biddle, A Field Guide to Germs, 1995

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

Thank you for this brilliant story. Brilliant from start to finish.

AnAncientAnAncientover 6 years ago
Your English...

Your English writing is way better than mine, and I was born & bred in England!

I enjoy your stories; as they have a lot of depth, and you don't insert excessive sexual content.

NHARMZWAY77NHARMZWAY77about 6 years ago
Glad I found you

As is my daily usual, I was briwsing the new stories today and found "The Text Message Ch 1"... I read it, and easily found myself encompassed into the story. So, I decided to check out your other work. Boy, am I glad I did. Your storytelling is extremely easy to become immersed into, and I found myself completely engrosssd. Thank You. Keep writing.

NHW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

What a great story. I was sorry to see it come to an end. Worthy of 5 stars, without a doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Outstanding!

What a wonderful story this is!

Great from beginning to end ,with characters worth caring about.

AND,what a delightful and ,tear-evoking,ending! ~ 5+

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 6 years ago
Incredibly touching

Excellent work! I was kind of surprised that they chose to move to Innsbruck. Amy being close to her parents, and the depth of their support; combined with Phil upset that his mother was gone and his father estranged... I thought they might want to be near whatever family possible.

mmollemmollealmost 6 years ago
Hate you for making a grown man cry!!!

Great story, I keep returning to it. The Daughter's Medal and speech at end just puts me over the edge each time. Excellent writing I could have read 20 more chapters of that family.

BruceWoBruceWoover 5 years ago
Another crying man

Well done

john1946john1946over 5 years ago
Wow

What a great story. Thank you

caryzfieldcaryzfieldalmost 5 years ago
Well done!!

Awesome story. Thank you so much

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

In a very distinct way I wish you had continued the story from when he moved in to the Olympics. But still a very enjoyable story. Thank you.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Every

Story of yours I read is better than the last. Great work. Keep writing.5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow beautiful...

A very nice story. Glad to hear that Amy and her daughter managed to escape the United Banana Republic of America. Thumbs up!

ranec1ranec1about 4 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not enough

5 is not high enough. Great story.

JimmyHuntJimmyHuntover 3 years ago

Better work. Keep writing.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Fantastic.

Great story. Second time of reading. Great author, some cracking stories here.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful story ☺️. Romantic and lovely story 😊❤️😊❤️😊❤️. Definitely a 5 star 💫🌟💫🌟💫🌟💫🌟💫🌟 rating.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful story, loved it. Wish you had explained the Suze parentage......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful, romantic story. It earned the 5 stars easily.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Overcritical gave you 5*!

He praises you for things that he usually lambastes authors for. Go figure.

There are a few issues that I’d like to point out: There wasn’t much dramatic tension. Other than the issue of what would happen after three years, the plot ran out as easily predicted.

And everyone, except for the absent father, was perfect and flawless. Kind of boring. 4*

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Two

Two things,if Amy is that attractive,why is she single,and even mermaids don't learn to swim in five minutes,let alone four year old girls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

4-5 years old are not that articulate, don't swim a lap first time, and I seriously doubt anyone can work a full day and then swim 60 laps. Enjoyed the love story, his hesitance, and the growth of their affection. Just felt the main character had no flaws beyond not being able to cook. 3*

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

[24.07.22]

Sweet und Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

maurypmaurypover 1 year ago

it was good screw the people that nit pic in the comments. i love it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A classic Romance to be read again and again over the years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All things positive.

More please.

nyteramblernyteramblerover 1 year ago

Really good story I enjoyed enough to miss sleep to read it.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

A lovely romance and well written, Thank you. 5 stars

Tarloso2Tarloso2about 1 year ago

A nice story but just a little bit to corny with the gold medal

BNBWKBNBWK9 months ago

Really good. I could easily re-read this time and time again

SatyrDickSatyrDick8 months ago

[16.09.23]

Nth reread of this beautiful tale!

The only thing that 'stuck in my craw' as-it-were is the 'old wives tale' that you have to wait a prescribed amount of time before (casually) swimming beit 30 or 60 minutes...this is not a medically verified thing per the Mayo Clinic.

This depends on person/food type,, but as a general rule it ain't true.

Now if you were to do strenuous swimming exercising/competing, then yes - but other than that nope.

11/10!!!!!

TinkersDamnTinkersDamn3 months ago

Touching cool man

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

One of those stories one wishes would go on happily forevermore.

The Hoary Cleric.

Come back Kojak, we miss you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKojak01@Kojak01
740 Followers
Hi everyone, just a small update on me. I'm still around but experience a massive writer's block. Mostly caused by work and life. Things are looking better, though. I feel like I could soon start on finishing one of the stories I've worked on.

SIMILAR Stories