The Fall Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ausfet
ausfet
388 Followers

She drank her tea and smoked her cigarette. The dogs must have sensed something was wrong, because they kept whining and nudging her for pats. She remembered she needed to call Cyril's mate, the one who would be taking the dogs on. She texted him letting him know her Uncle had passed.

The reply came almost immediately.

Oh shit love, I'm so sorry. Didn't actually think the old cunt would die. Do you want me to collect them tomorrow? I'm flooded in at the moment.

She told him she'd drop them around, and he thanked her for looking after his old friend. Just as she was pressing 'send' a message came in from Dylan.

Lydia, I'm so sorry to hear he's gone. I wish there was an easier way to tell you this but I need to say my own good-bye to you. I wish you all the best for the future.

Her heart stopped. Then she laughed at the absurdity. What did he just text? She read it again, just to make sure she hadn't misunderstood. No, no, no. This couldn't be happening. She loved him. He loved her. He'd promised to be there for her when Cyril had died, and she'd promised she'd still keep seeing him even after she moved back to Brisbane.

She picked up the phone and dialled. It rung a couple of times before he cancelled her call without answering. Bullshit. Fucking bullshit. What the fuck was going on? She sent him a text.

Not the time for jokes, buddy

He responded.

Not a joke. Sorry.

Oh fuck it. Fuck him, fuck him, fuck him. She tried to cry but realised she couldn't even breathe. He'd left her. He didn't want her.

She lit another cigarette and went straight to the cupboard for her gin.

ausfet
ausfet
388 Followers