The Fallen Queen of Eden Ch. 05

Story Info
The Powerful Reach of the Preacher-Man.
5k words
4.79
3k
3
0

Part 5 of the 20 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/08/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ohzee44
Ohzee44
142 Followers

Lilith and Eli pulled into the airport parking lot where he immediately took his gun from his pocket and placed it in the glove compartment. In an adjacent parking lot, Adam Benoni was watching them from his beat-up cavalier. He had been careful to stay at least two cars behind them all the way down Kearney Street during the fifteen-minute drive to the airport. He watched as the pair went inside the terminal then dutifully sent a text to the Preacher-man to let him know the situation. For a few moments, there was no response, then a single text from Levi assuring his acolyte that everything would be taken care of and to keep a sharp eye on her. Obediently Adam did as he was told. He believed without question the Preacher-man's claim that this woman was trying to destroy the ministry and he wasn't going to let that happen.

He hurried inside the terminal and for a moment he thought he had lost her. Walking up and down the building he finally caught sight of her at a far counter purchasing a ticket. She looked so happy and indeed she was. Lilith was beginning to feel free again. In a mere twenty-three minutes, she would be going down the runway safe from the lustful gaze of Levi Sethos and out of range of his grasp. Beaming ear to ear, the demoness kicked off her sandals and set them in the plastic tray then handed over her suitcase. As far as she was concerned they could do whatever they had to so long as she got on that plane.

Intent on going with her to the gate so he could see her safely off, Eli was setting his shoes into the plastic tray when a couple of security guards approached Lili. One snatched up her suitcase and ordered her to follow them. The demoness explained that her plane was getting ready to take off, but the guards were unmoved. One started to take her by the arm only to have her jerk away, while the other radioed for back-up. Once again she was ordered to follow them, this time in a much harsher and louder manner. Lilith looked back at Eli desperate for help, but there was nothing he could do. Her heart instantly sank and she silently bowed her head in resignation before going off with security.

Elijah stood there a few moments uncertain of what to do, then finally leaned against the wall, fully expecting her to return within a few minutes. After a while, he sat down in one of the waiting areas and started thumbing through various out of date magazines on interior decorating. What could be taking so long? After an hour he glanced at his watch, then stretched and sighed. The plane was long gone and he was starting to wonder if she had been arrested, although for what he didn't know. He wasn't certain if he should continue to wait or leave, but the question was soon answered as he saw Lili emerge from the back fuming. He had no idea what sort of language she was speaking, but he was confident that she was spewing a string of profanity.

"Are you okay?" he asked, as he got up from his seat.

"Okay?!" she snapped. "I just spent an hour being held in a small room with Sgt. Schultz and Col. Klink trying to assure me that this is standard procedure and that they are in no way profiling. Oh, and that wasn't the worst of it. We were also joined by a female guard that was six-foot-three, with a voice like Johnny Cash that easily could compete in men's professional wrestling," Lilith railed, barely taking a breath. Eli was trying not to smile at her descriptions, but it was proving quite difficult. His lady friend had become the victim of TSA's notorious cavity search. "Now normally I don't mind being undressed by someone tall and handsome with three-day stubble. It doesn't even bother me to have my orifices fondled by hands big enough to wrap around a quart mason jar with the fingertips touching, but dammit I call the shots and their name sure as Hell isn't going to be Tiffany!"

"Well, you're free now."

"Don't get me wrong, pleasure is pleasure and I can get my kicks with a man who is built like a God or a woman with a body made for sinning . . ."

"Lili . . ." he tried to cut in.

"Yes yes, the plane is long gone, I know. Isn't that convenient," she growled. "Do you know what it was all about? Do you? A bottle of water."

"You weren't carrying a bottle of water."

"Exactly, but somehow they magically found one filled with a suspicious substance in my suitcase. Supposedly they ran some tests and low and behold all it had was water in it. I mean, who knew right?"

Before she could continue her tirade, she was approached by a flight attendant who apologized for interrupting then handed Lili an envelope. She went on to explain that a young man had asked her to deliver it, but he seemed to have disappeared. Lilith gave a quick 'thank you' as the flight attendant reached into her bra and removed a brand new, crisp hundred-dollar bill from inside her ample bosom and put it in her purse before turning and leaving.

The demoness looked at the envelope but there was no name on it or return address. She couldn't imagine what was inside but it felt flat and empty. Tearing it open, a folded flyer for the restaurant called Prince Prospero fell out and landed on the floor at her feet. She recognized it from one of those displays that carried all sorts of pamphlets advertising local attractions, mostly in the Branson area. This particular flyer had been carefully chosen though and if she had any doubts over who had orchestrated the fiasco with TSA and caused her to miss her flight, they were now erased. The message was simple and clear, there would be no leaving. This flyer was a reminder from the Preacher-man that he was everywhere and there was no escaping him.

Lilith didn't even bother to pick the pamphlet up. Eli started to bend down, but she caught him by the arm and gave a soft 'please don't'. Her face looked pale and pained. She was no longer ranting, but silent, and he wasn't sure if it was fear or rage bubbling behind those deep green eyes of hers. Possibly both. He looked down at the flyer and wondered what it meant. There was clearly a message, but he couldn't begin to understand what it was.

"Can we please leave?" she asked, her voice shaking slightly as her eyes glanced around the terminal suspiciously.

"Sure," he answered, guiding her gently towards the door.

Once they had gotten into the car, Elijah once more stuck his gun and holster back into the pocket of his jeans. Lilith could only silently stare out the window as they drove away, her arms wrapped tightly around herself as though they were a barrier between her and the world. Seeing that pamphlet had brought to mind a moment that was too painful and she wished desperately to forget. Unfortunately, it was all flooding back and nothing could erase it from her perfect memory. She could still recall the smell of his cologne, the sound of the wind blowing through the trees and the feel of the fabric from the dress he had sent her on her skin.

The dress was part of the deal. He had picked it out and specifically requested that she wear it in order to fulfill her promise and end his harassment of Millie. Black and partly sheer, the outfit was designed to go across one shoulder with strategically placed sections of solid fabric to ensure a sense of modesty. The strap that crossed her shoulder had a tendency to cut into her skin which only added to her already foul mood. As if that wasn't bad enough, the Preacher-man had already changed the agreement. Originally they were supposed to have dinner at Prince Prospero's, a high-end five-star restaurant. At the last minute, he had changed it to his personal cabin that was nestled in the Ozark Mountains.

Getting out of her car, she stood looking at the place for several minutes. The place had an old rustic look with worn logs and a stone chimney. A large front porch greeted her and if it had belonged to anyone else she might have thought it was charming, but tonight it seemed more like a spider's web trying to lure her in. Stepping up to the door, Lili took out the key that he had sent with the dress and opened the door. Hesitantly she stepped inside and looked around. She hated to admit it but the place was beautiful.

The furnishings and décor of the cabin were still rustic in style but also quite sumptuous with every detail chosen to convey the look of an older time period while still having modern comforts and style. She rested her hand on the Tuscan leather couch as her emerald eyes took in the impressive rock fireplace and chandelier made of antlers. She could smell the tempting aroma of Italian cooking and turned towards the kitchen just in time to see the chef come through the back door. He nodded and smiled at her then immediately went to work chopping up fresh spices while his pots boiled and skillets sizzled. Clearly Levi spared no expense in hopes of impressing her. Too bad she had no interest in money and power. She already had wealth at her fingertips and powerful kings and rulers of every kind had bowed before her. Levi was of little consequence.

She asked the chef if he knew where Levi was and he pointed towards the back door. Politely she thanked him and was about to step out there when she caught sight of the master bedroom with its door standing open like an invitation. Lili could see the large four-poster bed with its handmade fan pattern quilt carefully pulled back as if to be enticing. If he thought she was going to sleep with him, he was wrong. The thought of him touching any part of her was enough to turn her stomach. Just seeing that room made her want to turn around and leave this place, but she knew that Millie would pay the price. She couldn't allow that. The Preacher-man had already shut down the woman's bar once and doing so again would only destroy the business the old gal had worked so hard to build. She had promised to meet him for dinner and she never went back on her word.

Walking through the back door she stepped out onto a large patio that extended out over the hillside and had a magnificent panoramic view looking out over the Ozark Mountains for quite a long distance. It was breathtaking. The entire deck was alight with candles and lanterns and her ears were greeted with the soft rustling of trees mixed with classical music softly playing through a speaker system. No doubt the light and music were meant to create a romantic mood, but it only filled her dread. Her eyes quickly looked about noting every available escape route. There were only two: the doorway she was standing in and a set of open French doors that led to that same master bedroom. The most obvious escape, the patio railing was useless due to the hundred foot cliff it was built on.

Standing in the center of it all, leaning on the railing, was Levi, looking out over the grand vista before him. Taking a deep breath she straightened her dress, making sure that all of her 'naughty bits' were covered up then silently wished for the night to end quickly. Lilith's footsteps resonated softly on the wooden patio announcing her presence and bringing a crooked smile to the Preacher-man's face, but he still continued to lean on the railing and look out at the view before him.

"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. Amazing, isn't it, to think that he could create something so vast and yet also make something as small and insignificant as us. Can you imagine what Adam's first words must have been in the garden?"

"I can, actually," she responded wryly, her normal confidence mixed with a drop of demon arrogance was on full display. "You are to be my helpmate as created by God, therefore you will serve me and do as I command." How could she forget the first words Adam uttered to her or repeated so many times. Levi turned to her, a jovial smile still playing on his lips at the mistaken belief that her response had been in jest. His dark narrow eyes looked her over like a wolf sizing up its prey and was clearly pleased with what he saw. If there was anything he might have changed it would have been her hair. She braided it and pinned it into a bun at her neck and he preferred her hair long and loose. He also would have liked to have seen her smile, but there was time and he was confident that he could make her happy.

"You look beautiful."

"You said this was for dinner only," her frigid tone didn't diminish his spirits.

"I realize this isn't quite what you expected. Unfortunately . . . my life is a bit complicated. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep my private life private."

"Yes well, we wouldn't want the infidelity of a holy man to be seen as any sort of disgrace. That is what you pretend to be, isn't it? A holy man? You're a minister of salvation by day and lying adulterer by night . . . a true contradiction indeed. Strange, I don't feel the Spirit in you."

"God knows my heart," he smiled confidently.

"Yes, He does."

"I suppose it was only a matter of time before you figured out who I was. Frankly, I'm surprised it took you this long." Levi walked over to the table and pulled out her chair for her and though she was reluctant, she sat down.

"Well, I'm not exactly a follower of organized religion."

"Atheist?" he asked as he poured her a glass of wine and the chef served the salad course.

"Hardly," she found his suggestion amusing, although not enough to smile. "Let's just say I have a rather unique perspective when it comes to God and his angels . . . or even demons in Hell. I probably have more belief in Gods and monsters than you do."

Levi laughed at her brazen, self-assured attitude, it was refreshing and something he didn't often get to see. Most people came to him readily assuming that he held the keys to Heaven, but not Lilith. This woman had a certain confidence he liked and carried herself as though she were a queen, or better yet a Goddess. He deserved nothing less than a woman like that. The only problem he could see was that he knew very little about her, but that was easily remedied with a little small talk. Being a pastor, he was adept at getting people to open up and confide in him.

He started by being complementary and attentive, noting her unusual and beautiful accent and asking where she was from. Lili barely looked up and answered with a quick 'A garden spot where four rivers once met', then stuffed another forkful of salad in her mouth. Seeing that she was not going to be forthcoming, he decided to try a different tactic. Hoping to make her more at ease Levi decided to tell her about himself, starting with his humble roots as an only child of a poor minister in a small hick town in the middle of nowhere USA. He went on to explain how almost everyone in that particular rural community worked at the local refinery or small businesses that supported the refinery. The Preacher-man explained that he looked around that small town and the small people in it and soon found God's calling on his life.

Lilith believed that he had indeed heard God calling him, but rather than the one of scripture, this God was made of gold and had filled his heart with avarice. Continuing his story, Levi told her of the great works he had done, the charities and missions work all in the hope of making a difference in the world. His attempt to paint himself as a saint almost turned Lili's stomach, but she still said nothing. She had met saints before and this man was not one of them. His soul was stained, twisted and corrupted and she knew well the wages of that sin. Souls, who in life had been rich and powerful, more often than not were condemned to hell. Some were forced to forever push massive bags of gold up a steep hill with their chests to symbolize their drive for wealth. Others were doomed to spend eternity lying face down on the hard, stone floor ceaselessly praying to God. Those who sought their own glory in life were doomed to seek His for all time. Those sentenced to such torments were the lucky ones. There were worse fates in Hell that no soul could imagine.

Their salad plates were taken and the chef placed appetizers and bread on the table then served the entrées, carefully setting them before the diners. One thing Lilith could not complain about this evening was the food. It seemed that while Levi had canceled any reservations he had at Prince Prospero's, he had instead hired one of their chefs to cook and serve them. The menu he had devised was quite delicious with an appetizer of fresh hand-breaded calamari, warm oven-baked garlic bread, and grilled Italian flank steak with roasted tomatoes. The last time Lili had eaten so well it was while attending the state dinner with Ronald Reagan and Queen Elizabeth II.

"A toast," Levi said, wiping crumbs from his mouth and raising his wine glass. Lilith raised an eyebrow, but not her cup. "Come let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves."

"Proverbs."

"Yes, it is," Levi commented, impressed that she recognized it. "You know your scripture."

"Even the devil can quote scripture," she pointed out. "But I wouldn't bring up that whole desert temptation thing. It wasn't his finest moment and he's still pretty bitter about it. What can I say, Lucifer is a sore loser." If the demoness had hoped to offend the Preacher-man with her irreverent words, she failed. Levi burst out laughing instead.

"You are exactly the way I always imagined you would be," he lauded, taking a drink of his wine then digging into his steak.

"Excuse me?" Lilith asked. This seemed a rather strange thing to say considering he had only known her for a short while and even then he knew almost nothing about her. He couldn't even begin to guess that she was a demon, let alone the līlītu.

"Forgive me. Let me explain." He wiped the traces of sauce from his lips then rested his arms on the table before continuing. "I told you about receiving God's call to be a minister, but it was more than that. He showed me a vision of the life ordained for me and that included my chosen mate. At the time I believed it was a girl I had fallen in love with by the name of Laine. She was everything to me and when she was called home . . ." He hesitated a moment remembering the sound of shattering glass and twisted metal when his truck collided with a car pulling out of a restaurant parking lot. He had been out celebrating his seventeenth birthday with Laine and accidentally ran a red light. That mistake had cost him dearly. "I knew God intended a partner for me that would be like her. A lady of breeding and elegance, acumen, my perfect equal . . . and I found that in you."

Hearing him say that caused Lilith to momentarily choke on her food. The notion that they were equals was insulting. Even as a demon she was far superior to him. She also knew her place in the eternal order of things and being this human's concubine wasn't it. It was the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard. Even crazier was that looking into his face she could see that he truly believed it. This was not a joke. The man had to be insane.

"Exactly how high was the alcohol content of the cough syrup your parents gave you?" she managed to ask, before taking a sip of her wine to help calm her choking. "You're also married?"

"Yes, Jeza," he acquiesced, setting his jaw. "Jeza is not you." Speaking of his wife momentarily cast a shadow across the Preacher-man's face and his words were edged in ice. She was the last person he wanted to think of right now, but perhaps it was inevitable that she would come up. The two sat in silence for several minutes before he was able to finally return to his previous charming self. "I'm afraid my wife lives a rather spoiled and superficial life and it shows in everything she does . . . even in her face which looks more and more like a cheap plastic mannequin as time goes by. You're different. You have a natural beauty, softness, and grace like no one else I've ever met. In those moments when we would exchange words at that bar, I could see that you possessed a sharp intelligent mind and razor-sharp wit."

Ohzee44
Ohzee44
142 Followers
12