The Fallen Queen of Eden Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think you give me too much credit. We all have our dark unsavory sides and mine is darker than most," she responded, not buying into his flattery and empty words. His entire reason for forcing her to come to his cabin was becoming clear and his scheme was a simple one. He was trying to figure out what he possessed that she would want so he could lure her in. She was immune to frivolous compliments and he didn't have enough power or fortune to get her attention. He might as well be trying to sell her snake oil. "I'm hardly the sort of woman that would make an appropriate pastor's wife. I'm not exactly the conventional, proper lady, hosting potlucks and prayer meetings. What interests me is my own pleasure . . ."

"Yes," Levi interrupted. "There is no doubt you have a strong personality and while some people may not appreciate it, I find it refreshing. You demand nothing less than the freedom to be your own person and that should be applauded. If I were free tomorrow I would marry you in an instant."

"As if I would have you," Lilith acidly responded as she sipped her wine.

"From my experience, anyone can be bought for the right price. Why don't you tell me what it is you want?" Levi leaned back in his chair and smiled his crooked smile. Lilith had been asked this question only a handful of times over the centuries. The first time had been in the Garden of Eden and answering that question had been the first step towards damnation and a much darker existence. She was far wiser now and this man was not as persuasive as he might believe himself to be.

"The first time I was asked that was by an angel that had the looks and build of an Adonis. He spoke with authority, sensuality, and charisma. The last person to ask me that was John D Rockefeller, one of the infamous 'robber barons', or a captain of industry depending on which side you're on. You . . . you come across as more of a used car salesman." Her brutal honesty usually had the power to offend people, but not Levi. He had grown weary of yes-men and women who would say or do anything for a fist full of dollars. Lilith was none of these and he was glad of it.

"You certainly speak your mind don't you?"

"I see no reason to hold back. It's not as if I'm likely to be tossed into Hell over a frank opinion," she answered, taking a bite of her steak.

"Are you afraid of going to Hell?" Levi jested as he drank his wine. At this, Lilith looked directly into his dark eyes, her expression was calm but exacting.

"Never."

She ate in silence for several minutes while the Preacher-man told her more about himself and offered up humorous stories. She was not entertained, nor was she willing to give up even a hint of a smile. It was becoming rather infuriating. After the dinner plates were taken a dessert of tiramisu was served that looked absolutely scrumptious. Lilith took a taste and hated to admit it, but Levi had excellent taste in chefs. When more wine had been brought out and the dessert plates cleared, the Preacher-man advised the chef to leave the bottle and then leaning close he whispered in his ear. Lilith didn't know what was said but noticed that the chef gave a quick courteous bow before hastily leaving.

"So, what do you think of my little cabin in the woods?"

"The cabin and property are nice, I suppose. Why?"

"I was thinking that this could be our place. Our sanctuary where we could meet, talk, dine . . . and 'solace ourselves with love'." He rose and refreshed her glass then set a pretty velvet box in front of her. She opened the box and found an exquisite white gold necklace boasting five pear-shaped sapphires dangling in elegant diamond teardrops. It could hardly compare to the myriad of jewelry she possessed in Hell, but it was striking, nonetheless. Beautiful as it was, all Lili could see was a fancy shackle designed to tie her to him like a dog. "I can see to it that you also have a fully furnished apartment in Branson or Springfield, wherever you prefer, so you can have easy access to shopping and any other activities you enjoy. You'll have a monthly allowance that will more than amply take care of all your needs and then some."

"In exchange for your gifts and attention, all I have to do is allow you to clip my wings, answer to your beck and call and degrade myself by becoming your whore. I doubt you have enough money to make that palatable." She closed the velvet box and shoved it away.

"I know a lot of people and while I may not have found your price tag, I will."

"You don't know me at all, padre."

"Actually I do." He pulled his chair close to her and sat down, his eyes intently waiting for her reaction to what he had to say. "There is no record of you before two years ago and even then it is sparse. That tells me you have something to hide. Now I can have immigration come in and go through your paperwork with a fine-toothed comb, but I doubt you want that."

"You can have immigration come in and look through whatever they want, but I will still never have you. The only reason I am here right now is because you gave your word to call your dogs off and leave Millie alone." She wiped her mouth with her napkin then tossed it on the table as she stood. "I have more respect for the demons in hell than I have for you, Preacher-man. Now, I have kept my promise and had dinner with you, let's see if you keep your word."

What happened next Lilith desperately wanted to forget. She couldn't even bear to tell anyone, because it was too humiliating. How she wished she had never gone to that dinner. It was a moment that changed her and taught her just what it was to be afraid and how weak and vulnerable she was without her demon power. She was still staring out of the car window as Elijah pulled into his driveway. Without a word, she snatched up her suitcase and started to walk down the sidewalk.

"Where are you going?" Eli asked, stopping her.

"It doesn't matter and it's no longer your concern. Thank you for taking me in last night, I appreciate it. You are relieved of any sense of duty or imagined obligation you think you have. I'll be alright."

"Lilith," Elijah sighed. She was certainly tough and independent, he had to give her that. "Get your ass in the house. If whoever he is could pull off that kind of stunt at the airport, then he'll find you before you make it two blocks. Let's go inside and see what options we have left." He put out his hand and after several moments of hesitation, she took it.

"Why are you nice to me?"

"Why shouldn't I be?" he challenged.

"Because you don't know the things I've done, or what I am capable of." Normally there was pride in her voice when she even so much as hinted at her power. For some reason, looking at this man, she almost felt . . . penitent and she couldn't understand why. It made no sense and she quickly swallowed the feeling. "Look, I get someone being all nice and friendly because they want something from me. I have no power and I can't even call upon my associates to do anything for you so . . . I don't understand . . . you didn't even want to sleep with me . . ." She was at a loss and didn't even know how to explain her confusion. "I just . . . I just don't get it."

"Maybe I can see that you're a good person." His statement both stunned and confused her. No one had ever said anything like that about her before and she couldn't speak. "And you wear that shirt better than I do," he teased, making her laugh, then gently he led her inside the house.


12