All Comments on 'The Farm Ch. 05'

by SumacandIvy

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiqueabout 11 years ago
Incredible....

This chapter has just blown me away. The depth of emotion you have put into such beautifully constructed sentences has more than impressed me; it has moved me, utterly and completely. It takes a lot for me, but as I read about Aarman's tragic path from love to sacrifice, I had to pause, to gather myself.

Nothing short of brilliant.

And for what it's worth, your previous scorings have been too low, in my opinion, for the quality of this slow burn story. I absolutely loved this chapter, and BRAVO!!

canndcanndabout 11 years ago
Great stuff...glad I hung on.

I agree with LaVie. I think people thought it was just a story written for the sake of a man being abused and humiliated and brain washed just for the sake of doing it. I had a feeling more was underneath it and stuck with it despite the tough parts and pity for the character. We still don't know his name do we? I thought the love story was beautiful. I wonder if Rahim was going to take him back to his home with him?I'd think so if he went to so much trouble to get him well and protect him and proclaim the strong love he felt for him. I only am unsure why was an Englishman guarding the residence of the 'infidels'? I loved the way you put it when you said 'Prize rhymes with Lies and sighs, etc....' Very clever. I thought you did a great job of seemlessly showing the lead in from his past to his present. There is also great imagery, esp. during the post-battle scene.

Is he only just getting his memory back? I can't help but feel you will somehow bring justice here. Either way, I am glad I stuck with it. It has turned much deeper and does bring out alot of emotion. I'm really waiting to see if Gordy is redeemed at all or if Prize will just find himself and the fight in him. I can only hope the pride that go him in trouble will lend him the fight he will need to escape if he takes that route.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Incredible!

What a masterful story! To cannd: " why was an Englishman guarding the residence of the 'infidels'?" A "residence" was the residence-and-office of a British governor, consul, or ambassador. (And still is--as the "residence" in Ben-Gazi was.) In the middle and late 19th century, there were a number of mutinies by Indians against the English (read up on the Sepoy Mutiny of 1857, for example), and this seems to have been one of these mutinies.

I'm glad I kept reading this story, even though I'm not into SM. The last chapter turned the whole story around. I just hope we don't have to wait too long for the continuation or conclusion!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
ah, much more than just a twisted man's passions

Wonderful chapter. Now, what lurks behind Gordy? Who is 'Prize' to Gordy? There is some previous connection, I think. I would so like Mrs. F and her thugs to meet a bad end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
At Last

Where Prize came from has been a big question. This back story explains so much and makes his situation more appealing.

Can't wait for more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSumacandIvy@SumacandIvy
35 Followers
Always writing since childhood and looking for a hero to emerge from the dust. A hero in search of saving.

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Farm Ch. 04 Previous Part
The Farm Series Info