All Comments on 'The Farm Ch. 06'

by SumacandIvy

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

i feel sorry for the poor prize , and gordy personality confuses me , he's a sadist one second and sweet another minute , pleas hurry up with the next chapter coz i love this storey

LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiqueabout 11 years ago
Beyond beautiful...

Oh my goodness. This is so incredibly moving. This story is one of the best to appear on Lit for a long time; lyrical, intense, and the simplicity of your prose is deceptive. To produce prose that is minimal yet able to convey such a depth of feeling and shifting the story forward requires remarkable talent. I'm in awe, to be honest; the way you are developing your characters is so beautiful. I could weep for Aarman, I really could, and that is because of your storytelling; Gordy is haunted by his own agony, and the sheer desperation in his muted torture of Aarman, essentially begging for love, took my breath away. The subtlety you have created in beginning to slowly, slowly shift the power between the two men is masterful. The story moves at a languid yet curiously dynamic pace - I was in that garden, it was so evocative. And how you used the oak tree as a metaphor.....exquisite. I've voted 5 stars for this. Absolutely magnificent, and thank you for sharing this.

BRAVO

canndcanndabout 11 years ago

I agree with everything La Vie said, though I couldn't have said it as prettily. :)

I really would love to know what damaged Gordy so deeply. I love watching the transformation in him, though it is in contrast to `the transformation in Prize. It is so sad to imagine such a state of constant fear. I believe there is some good inside of Gordy. I hope Prize can access it. But, is Prize too altered permanently? Will he ever be able to love again? How could he ever trust Gordy? Gordy 'rescued' him to take him from horrible people, but how long will it take Prize to see the fact that everything they did to him is being mirrored at Gordy's? And if you rescue someone, why would you be willing to torture them? I just don't understand why he is changing his tune. He even convinced Prize that the shackly was for his own good...to protect him, so why start doing things that show he isn't the benevolent rescuer he led Prize to believe he was?

You do a great job of seemlessly going between the two stories. I only am unsure if the story of the lama was a memory of Prize's? You've done such a good job of showing the struggle within these characters and the struggle between them too. I can't wai to see what happens next. I am also wondering what the lama meant about him dying 7 times? And would he be able to find Rahim if he were sent on his way now? I assume he wouldn't be able to. Unless he waited till the following year when he returned to that town they met in. Post soon, please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
We are all damaged creatures.

Some much more than others. And some must pass on the damage for their own survival-thus ensuring damage survives and thrives in our world. The pain and confusion and want leaches off the page to envelop the reader. Amazing.

nanobotnanobotabout 11 years ago
ooh the courage!

You have taken brave steps to develop a character who is deeply unlikable and selfish yet more than he appears. Your writing is sophisticated and individual- it is rare to read this old fashioned style- a tricky balance of third person exchanges and true Victorian perspectives. You have done your homework and it shows. Reminds me of Anne Perry and Gordon Dahlquist in all the best ways.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSumacandIvy@SumacandIvy
35 Followers
Always writing since childhood and looking for a hero to emerge from the dust. A hero in search of saving.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES