All Comments on 'The First Time Ever I…'

by Trionyx

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Beautiful story! Glad you mentioned R. B.

5

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

There are rare times when I wish I could award more than 5 stars to a story and this is definitely one of them. Such a wonderful story so well told. Perhaps it was the timeline so closely matching my own life's story or the song that was one of our favorites or some other items but it hit home with this old romantic.

Well done, Sir, well done indeed! Thank you for the wonderful fantasy and a bit of a trip down memory lane.

Cheers

SAGE

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Sorry, I meant R. F.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent.

AnonimousOtherAnonimousOtherover 1 year ago

Lovely story but perhaps 45 years later is a little young to be in the Our Home assisted living facility. Can you make it 55 years later - feels better for us oldies

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 1 year ago

Beautiful story.Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. Only 69 and 72, and in assisted living already. Nevertheless, a sweet, lovely story. 5 stars.

cpl8140cpl8140over 1 year ago

Thanks for a great story. It isn't easy putting together such a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it. A true romance

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Wonderful holiday love story! Thanks for writing!

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 1 year ago

A cute, heart-warming story. Very worthy of 5 stars. Keep up the good writing!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Always perk up when I see your name under a story here! I think the total “blackout” of 4 years for them was a little awkwardly handled, I can’t say my ideas wouldn’t end in the same place you did. Using “better orgasm than masturbating” twice was a minor slip. Likewise, repeated use of “spreading my wings” could be stated better. (Yes, I’m nitpicking but your a solid writer so trying to hone your skills more-LOL.) Wedding brought tears to my eyes, especially well done there. Last comment, I do the math and at 45 year anniversary, Elsa would be at most 70. That’s not old enough to be in assisted living, right? LOL - 5*

ender2k2kender2k2kover 1 year ago

That was a wonderful story. I love how you honored Roberta Flack too. Such a beautiful voice. Thank you and good luck with the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing story, still wiping a few tears away. You really did one hell of a fine job. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I knew the whole time where this was going and still loved reading every word of it and cried like a baby at the end. Great work.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

This one line completely changed the story for me - "a guy from the neighboring college she had slept with a few times the previous year was calling and asking her out again." There was no need for it and it did nothing but detract from the story. There was no mention of Kyle with other women ever and it hugely cheapened her character, for no reason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good story. Just right for the season

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"The course of true love never did run smooth." While not Shakespeare this is a very cute story of a somewhat rocky romance with a happy resolution to the MC's story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As usual, well written with interesting characters. The story line wasn’t particularly unusual, but engaging nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So sweet and beautiful 5

reader1000reader1000over 1 year ago

Well-Written if a bit predictable. Good character development. Danke sehr. Y gracias, tambien.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written. Sweet but sexy. I will be watching for more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you, great tale, but heck did you mean for them to fall into disrepair so young they are not even seventy by my count [23 and 45 =68! yikes short changed] oh well must be the bratworst.

jwoozjwoozover 1 year ago

Love your stories. Can't wait for the next one! 5 stars for me.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWantedover 1 year ago

Would like to have had Oma in the pew having forced her son and family to attend the wedding with the same results.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Sweet adorable story… thank- you. So thoroughly enjoyed it!

StrappySandalsStrappySandalsover 1 year ago

5- Stars for an excellent tale... And a good lesson to all of us self righteous parents to guide our children as good as we can, but then allow them to become the adults they want to be. Our time together in this world is too short to waste years apart due to stubborn nonsense!!! Those grand children are too precious!!

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

What a sweet story. Well told and emotional. 5⛤

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Sweet story, Trionyx, though I had some trouble reading toward the end with my eyes being quite cloudy. Great tale, well told. 5* and best wishes in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful, where are women like Elsa hiding?

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

The only negative comments that I have are about the 4 year gap (excessive) and the buildup to kissing and petting took too long. I also didn't like them seeing other people while they were separated either. 😕 But the rest of the story was really good. 👍

The humor throughout was pretty good too. The Snidley Whiplash bit when they first meet reminded me of my own flirting during my High School years:

"There's no hope for you, my dear. I have you in my clutches and will tie you to the railroad track unless you tell me where the gold is hidden!"

"Never! Never!" she exclaimed with melodramatic flair, "I would rather die than lose the money for the orphanage."

ROFLMAO 😆 🤣 😂 The only thing missing was the evil laughter, "Yah har haaarrr!"

After being disappointed with the first three winter stories that I read (voted 1/5), it's a true pleasure to read something worthwhile. 5/5

TrionyxTrionyxover 1 year agoAuthor

I want to thank everyone who voted and commented on this story which, while it did not win the contest, did very well. I would like to address several of the comments. The biggest concern seemed to be the couple was too young to be in assisted living at the end of the story. For someone with severe arthritis, the idea of yardwork, housework and even cooking is simply too much. Although they may be younger than the usual assisted living occupant, medical necessity can dictate such a move. Assisted living is not a nursing home and offers qualified individuals varying levels of ‘assistance’ with those tasks noted above.

There were comments about not liking the idea of the two main characters having sexual relations during the four years they were apart. In a feel-good Disney tale, perhaps true love would prevent this but in actuality, young adults with real sex drives will find others. Remember, Kyle thought she had dumped him and she was forbidden to contact him.

Two writers suggested the four years was too long for them to be apart. At the beginning she was in high school and at an age where her father could exert total control and for them to reunite and be quickly independent, I figured both would have to have finished college, hence the four years.

FillDirtWanted had an excellent idea of having Oma attend the wedding. Damn it, I wish I had thought of that myself. Maybe she could have scolded and shamed Vati and Mutti into going.

Again, thanks for the comments. They are what keep me cooped up in front of my keyboard trying to come up with interesting and stimulating (in more ways than one) tales.

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

I thought the four year gap was fine - it allowed her to get her education almost complete, and him to get a career established. It made perfect sense.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Pure parental sympathy and love “you dont meet him anymore or we will cut you of our will” ….. its just for your best ….. but you kicked this easily after a dry path of four years the dream came true ….. and this was definitely a magic magnificent tale

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🌟🌹

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

We are so touched and soooo misty by their enduring love and persistence hearts.

Thank you for a wonderful story and reminding us of what could be and should be ❤️❤️

sg1010sg10103 months ago

ANOTHER EXCELLENT CREATION !

THANK YOU ! !

+ + + + + & * * * * *

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTrionyx@Trionyx
Nov 30, 2023 I am honored that my story Last Few Days of Summer was voted the Readers Choice for First Time stories for 2022. Thank you for your votes and support. August 2022 I was surprised and pleased when my piece How to Fuck Without Saying Fuck was selected as the Reade...

SIMILAR Stories