The Flaming Girls Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Charlie. Everyone knows you used to be a prostitute. It's in the fucking papers! I don't care. I'd love you whatever you chose to do," Robin said.

Charlie let the word 'love' sail past; she guessed correctly that Robin didn't even know he'd said it.

They started to walk slowly back to the salon where Samantha was waiting at the door.

"Lover's tiff?" Samantha grinned.

Robin blushed.

"So you want the job? There is no one here to judge you. Just work hard and be willing to learn and keep an open mind as to the clientele," Samantha gushed.

"Open mind! You know I'm a transvestite right?" Charlie replied.

"Of course I do. That's part of the appeal. Not only are you a gorgeous transvestite, you're a famous gorgeous transvestite and if you can turn my broomstick-up-his-arse brother into someone half-decent you really must be the wonderful person he says you are," Samantha grinned.

"Hey!" Robin protested.

"What are you doing here? Piss off and come back at closing; us girls have work to do," Samantha put her arm around Charlie's shoulder and led her into the salon.

On the way home Charlie regaled Robin with how exciting her day had been, the interesting people she had met and although she spent most of the day sweeping up hair, putting out trash, washing and blow-drying scalps, she realised that she had to start at the bottom.

Charlie snuggled up to Robin on the train and they received a few 'shouldn't be allowed' looks from some of the older passengers; not because they thought Charlie was a transvestite, but because they were behaving like teenagers.

"Do you know that your sister is wonderful," Charlie gushed.

"Yeah, I kinda knew that," Robin smiled.

"No I mean really wonderful! And so are you. So how would you like me to reward you?" she asked, seductively nibbling his ear.

"I'd like you to behave like a grownup while we are out together and you can be as naughty as you like when we get home," Robin, removed her hand from his crotch.

"Oh, pants to that! You'll just have to accept me as I am," she grinned at him but settled back into her seat and put her head on his shoulder.

"Really Robin, thank you so much," she sighed and drifted away.

*****

To make up for Charlie's absence from the SIC, Glenda and Robin took her on a tour of the Slasher's crime scenes in the vain hope that being at the scene of the crime might trigger some sort of memory or response from Charlie but it came to no avail. Back at Glenda's flat that night over a take-away dinner they pondered over what little evidence they had.

"Look. Despite the overalls and boots he was wearing he was undoubtedly posh," Charlie reiterated.

"He spoke posh, he had soft hands, his mannerisms and everything about him seemed posh. He was clean and wearing aftershave. He writes well and we all agree that he probably owns a motor. That's something. That eliminates all of the working-class and less salubrious types. It narrows down our field," Charlie said.

"You're right Charlie. Let's go through our files and ditch every suspect that doesn't fit that profile," Robin said.

It was then that Glenda's phone rang and she turned white as a sheet as she answered it. She listened for a while and then put the phone back in the cradle.

"He's struck again. A man walking his dog near the A12 found a barmaid from the Trunk and Brick in the woods. The body was staged this time but it's definitely him. He left another note for Ruffe but CID has it," Glenda said picking up her things.

"We're taking you home Charlie then Glenda and I will go over to CID," Robin said stridently and Charlie knew not to argue.

"Are you coming home later?" she asked picking up her things.

Robin helped her on with her coat. When they got to Charlie's place she leaned in and kissed Robin goodbye.

"Is that a good thing?" Glenda looked at him through narrow eyes as they entered the evening traffic.

"Is any relationship ever a good thing? You never know until it pans out," Robin replied.

"Christ Robin! She comes with some baggage! What do you think our superiors are going to think when they find out?" Glenda sighed discontentedly.

"I'm hoping the same thing they think about you shagging the Chief Constable. Don't ask - don't tell," Robin said through gritted teeth.

"How many people know?" Glenda said resignedly.

"They're calling you 'bury me in a Y-shaped coffin Glenda' down at the station," Robin smirked.

"Touché," she couldn't help but smile.

Glenda and Robin spent some time at CID talking to the Essex Slasher Task Force but they were too busy with this latest development to give them too much of their time. They did get to see the note that the Slasher had left at the scene and Glenda distracted the CID detective constable who had a crush on her while Robin made a Photostat copy and put the original back in the Ziploc bag.

They decided it was too late to visit the crime scene but Glenda called Ruffe at home and asked him to come into the SIC the next day.

Ruffe

I saw the whore again at the underpass but she doesn't flame any longer, she is just another pathetic street walker, made more so because she's a transvestite. I did enjoy fucking her and slitting her throat but my interest in her has gone. Now... the plump barmaid was a find. She was very much a Flaming Girl who burned so brightly when I slit her throat. I took my time with her and enjoyed every second, I climaxed in her twice before the inevitable conclusion; I think she liked it, she didn't know who I was until she saw the knife.

So much for your pathetic efforts to warn the public. There will always be girls who flame for me; there will always be my Flaming Girls and I am duty bound to ensure they burn brightly before I snuff out their fire.

Are you going to write another story about me? If you do I'd love to read it, I like how you keep retelling the stories of my previous exploits, it stimulates me. It makes me want to take out my trophies and play with them. You know what I mean. Tell the tranny her knickers still hold her scent.

VULCAN

Ruffe read and reread the note that had been addressed: To Ruffe Ingersoll C/- The Daily Sun.

"He's playing with us again but he's inadvertently confirming some of the things we suspected about him," Robin took the letter back.

"What can I print?" Ruffe asked.

"We're not supposed to have a copy but Glenda and I saw the original. Attribute me as saying in an interview that the Slasher left a letter at the scene which confirms that Sadie Smithers is the Slasher's sixth victim and that he claims he's not going to stop," Robin said.

"I'm supposed to run anything that Ruffe prints past the Chief Constable," Glenda said.

"But fuck him; we aren't exactly on the best of term at the moment," she said, turning her mouth down.

"I'll be seeing him this afternoon so I'll let him know what you are going to publish Ruffe," Glenda said.

Ruffe beat a hasty retreat to the news room to write up his story while Robin and Glenda updated the crime wall and sifted through the sparse information they had regarding the latest victim.

Meanwhile at Fringe Chic salon Maggie Reardon paid a call on Charlie Ringwald and Samantha Sparrow. She took Charlie and Samantha for coffee.

"Sam, Charlie has agreed to be interviewed for a story I've been commissioned to do for Modern Girl magazine. I'd like to use your salon as background for the accompanying art," Maggie sipped coffee and reached for her cigarettes.

"Does Robin know about this?" Samantha turned to Charlie.

"He knows I'm considering it," Charlie said coyly.

"Why does Robin need to know?" Maggie thought she's sniffed out something to embellish her story.

"Wait a minute? Robin Sparrow? Samantha Sparrow? That can't be a coincidence. What's going on?" Maggie scrutinised Charlie and Sam, waiting for a response.

"Robin found me a job is all. He recommended me to his sister Sam who graciously took me on as an apprentice," Charlie lied.

"So there's no hank-panky there then?" Maggie smiled knowingly, circling the fingers of her left hand and sliding the forefinger of her right hand in and out of the tunnel.

Samantha blushed but Charlie became flushed with anger.

"Look Maggie. It's enough that I'm going to bare my all and tell you about my life as a transvestite and my work as a prostitute. What is happening in my private life right now remains private. You do not mention Robin anywhere in the article ok?" Charlie said flintily and made as if to leave.

"Ok; calm your farm. No mention of Robin in the story; got it!" Maggie sighed and encouraged Charlie to sit back down.

"And you can use my salon as backdrop but I want a plug for Fringe Chic in the piece ok?" Samantha chimed in.

"Done. Charlie if you don't mind sticking around I'll interview you now and drop by the salon with my photographer tomorrow. Sam I'll just get a couple of quotes from you before you go," Maggie took a notepad and pen from her bag and was all business.

Maggie wrote her story titled: 'Everything's Coming Up Charlie'. The story began with: Charlie is one of the most beautiful, vibrant, intelligent women I have ever met. What's so special about her? She was born a boy. She has overcome adversity that you would not believe: prejudice, poverty, antipathy and hostility. And finally she became the sixth victim of the Essex Slasher and survived that.

Forced to work the streets in order to survive, Charlie has overcome all of these roadblocks and now works as an apprentice hairdresser at Samantha Sparrow's 'Fringe Chic', a trendy salon in the heart of Soho.

The rest of the piece summarised Charlie's life and told of her encounter with the Slasher and of her recovery. Maggie wrote about the 'Charlie fad', where young girls were copying Charlie's appearance based on the pictures of her printed in the Daily Sun. She extrapolated the story of Charlie being offered legitimate employment at Fringe Chic and quoted Samantha who described Charlie as a wonderful person and a hardworking employee. Accompanying the piece was a series of pictures of Charlie dressed in a variety of the latest fashion ensembles posing in the salon, Maggie also got permission to reproduce Ruffe's picture of her lying wounded in her hospital bed. There was even a shot of Charlie cutting hair, even though she was not yet a qualified hairdresser. Poetic licence Maggie called it.

The piece finished with Charlie responding to a Q&A session. When asked if she had a boyfriend, Charlie had blushed and answered: "I think I do; I'm just not sure if he's sure".

The piece was well received by the editorial staff at Modern Girl magazine and a picture of Charlie dressed in a yellow minidress, white opaque tights and strappy white high-heel sandals leaning against a barber's chair would grace the front page of the next edition under the headline: Everything's Coming Up Charlie. It was to be the lead story and would be published in the next edition of the weekly magazine.

*****

"Ah, Glenda. I want to run something past you, I'd value your advice," Edward Bard said when Glenda reported for duty in the Chief Constable's office two days after the Slasher's last murder.

"There is pressure on me from above to cancel the Annual Ball due to the Essex Slasher still being active. You're my senior Community Support Officer; how do you think the public feel about it?"

"Sir, I think it would be a huge mistake to cancel the Ball. The public will view it that the police service is being dictated to by the Slasher. It would be a sign of weakness," Glenda replied.

"The whole thing has been booked, paid for, invitations accepted; it would be a huge embarrassment to cancel it."

"Thanks Glenda. That's exactly how I feel," Edward sighed deeply.

"Are you taking anyone this year?" Edward asked hesitantly.

Since their altercation at the hotel things has been icy between them.

"You'll be taking Alicia so why should you care?" Glenda replied curtly.

"Just showing interest in your welfare, when are we going to get over this rift?" Edward rubbed his forehead.

"When you post me to CID or promote me Edward. You can have as much slap and tickle, as you like to call it, when I'm either a detective or a Sargent," Glenda turned and abruptly walked out of his office.

Edward eyed her ample derriere and long, black stockinged legs intently, his penis becoming tumescent under the desk. He regretted the comments he had made about her being fat the last time they had been together and not for the first time realised that he took her for granted. Maybe he should cut her loose and let her continue her career but he was so used to having her around. He sighed and went back to the never-ending pile of paperwork on his desk.

*****

Charlie had become a new person. She had always been strong willed and confident but she had as a necessity built a shell around herself to protect her from the harshness of the world. Working in Fringe Chic she learned to engage with people and the types that frequented the salon and Soho in general were far more empathetic and considerate than the close-minded people she was used to dealing with; people who either wanted to deride her or shag her.

Even travelling to and from work she was just a pretty face in the crowd. Some recognised her from the articles in The Daily Sun but to most she was just a pretty girl travelling to work. She soon came to realise that the appreciative glances she was receiving from men were not because they curious about her gender but because they found her attractive.

All this would change when the next edition of Modern Girl was published but that was nearly a week away. Charlie was still debating when she and if she should tell Robin about the story and had asked everyone at the salon and Ruffe and Maggie to keep schtum.

Charlie and Robin split their after work hours between his flat and her bedsit. Robin was even considering offering Charlie the opportunity to move in with him if only to save money as her wages at the Salon was not as much as she had earned on the streets. Robin knew that Charlie would see the offer as charity and besides, he had to admit it was a little early yet to move in together.

They did all the usual things that a dating couple did in 1975: they went to the movies, nights down the pub, dinner dates, and on weekends they went for walks and went sightseeing in London and took train trips to other destinations. They even caught up socially with Samantha and others from Fringe Chic who were at first sceptical when they found out Robin was a policeman.

Until Charlie started working at Fringe Chic Charlie didn't have any real friends so there was no one for Charlie to introduce Robin to but Charlie was acutely aware that other than Glenda Savage, Robin had not introduced her to any of his friends from the police service. That was until Robin made her a proposition.

Robin and Charlie were lying in Robin's bed snuggled under the covers listening to the rain outside and watching the television. Robin was naked and Charlie was wearing her pink rayon baby doll pyjamas and sheer tights, partly to keep her legs warm but mostly because she knew they drove Robin wild. They were spooning and Robin was lazily stroking her thigh, occasionally allowing his hand to drift across her shorts and brush against her erection. She thought this only fair as he had his hard cock nestled in her buttocks and was grinding against the slippery fabric covering her soft behind.

When a commercial came on Robin broke the silence.

"How would you like to come to the Annual Essex Police Ball," Robin waggled Charlie's penis playfully.

Charlie smacked his hand away, turned around and engaged him with her eyes.

"Are you serious?" she said solemnly.

"Why not? Glenda and I are going. She's going stag but everyone else is taking their girlfriends, husbands or wives so why shouldn't I take my girlfriend?" he leaned in and kissed the tip of her nose.

"Is that what I am? Your girlfriend?" Charlie was not going to let him get away with changing the subject.

"We've never really discussed our relationship, but yes I consider you my girlfriend. I've been exclusive to you since we first slept together and presume you have too," Robin answered.

"What do you mean presume?" Charlie slapped him playfully.

"Of course I have. Also... remember what you said to me the day you took me to meet Sam?" Charlie squinted, wondering if he did.

"I said I'd love you whatever you choose to do. So choose to come to the ball or choose not to, I'll still love you," Robin caressed her cheek.

"Don't say that if you don't mean it Robin; I couldn't stand being rejected again," Charlie whispered, tears forming in her eyes.

"Look I know it's complicated, I know it's difficult, I know it's scary even; but I know I love you."

"I love you Charlie Ringwald," Robin leaned in and kissed her tenderly.

Charlie snuggled up to Robin as much for comfort as to hide her tears.

After a few minutes of nuzzling Charlie peeked out from the hollow of his shoulder.

"I don't have a ball gown," she smiled cheekily.

"I'll buy you one," Robin stroked her hair.

"In fact we can go shopping for it on Friday. The ball is Saturday," Robin was excited.

Then he saw Charlie's face fall.

"What?" he asked.

She smiled at him coyly.

"As much as I respect your fashion choices Robin; I would much rather go shopping with Samantha. Look on the bright side, it will be a nice surprise when you see me in my gown for the first time," Charlie leaned in and nipped his ear seductively.

"Yes, that's true. It will be a nice surprise," Robin agreed.

"So I can then? Go shopping for a dress with Sam?" the delight in Charlie's voice was evident.

"Sure you can," Robin kissed her quickly.

"Well... for being such a nice boyfriend, maybe I should reward you," Charlie said, her head disappearing under the covers.

"Ok... but only if you insist... oh my god!" Robin moaned as Charlie engulfed him.

Charlie took Robin's semi-hard cock into her mouth and used her lips and her tongue to bring it to full tumescence. Robin groaned and heaved the blankets away so he could see Charlie's beautiful face while she fellated him. Her pretty face, blue emerald-green eyes, bright-red lipsticked lips framed by her shocking-red hair, dishevelled but still sexy. She smiled at him around his penis as she worked on it, making him shudder with lust.

Lying head to toe as they were gave Robin unfettered access to her body and Robin yanked at her baby-doll shorts pulling them down to her knees and exposing her hard cock encased in the gusset of her tights. Robin stroked Charlie's shaft through the gossamer material and was rewarded with a bubble of pre-ejaculate which soaked into her tights. Charlie whimpered with her mouth full of cock.

Robin yanked down the waistband of Charlie's tights and freed her erection and then leaned in and took her in his mouth. The first time he had done this with Charlie he thought he would be repulsed but because he loved Charlie so much he found that he enjoyed pleasing her this way and was surprised that it felt good, it turned him on.

Charlie and Robin sucked and slavered at each other's penises bring each other close to orgasm and then backing off, edging each other and enjoying prolonging their bliss.

Charlie spat out Robin's cock and pulled her own penis from his mouth.

"Hey! I was enjoying that!" Robin whined but stopped when Charlie lay on top of him and kissed him.

"I was too but I want you inside me. You know I love to see your face when you come in me," Charlie smiled at him.

She kicked off her shorts and reached into the bedside table and took out a tube of K-Y Jelly and used it where it was needed. She kissed Robin passionately and straddled him, directing his penis into the small hole she made in the crotch of her tights. She teased Robin as he tried to push his slippery appendage into her puckered bud, she circled his glans around her sphincter and rubbed it in the crease between her buttocks, frustrating Robin but also making him more excited. She loved the feel of his hard flesh on her delicate pink crinkled entrance and she was fully erect, her cock tenting the front of her tights.