The Flash of an Affair Pt. 01

Story Info
A story of seduction.
2.5k words
4.21
42.6k
48

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/28/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first submission. This work would not have possible without the considerable talents my editor; Dazmine. I look forward to your comments and votes. All mistakes are mine as I couldn't leave well enough alone.

*****

Emily Danton was furiously driving to her house. She couldn't believe her own stupidity. She forgot to pack her outerwear for the trip to New York City. If she hadn't been distracted by the argument with her husband Henry, she would have already been at the executive airport. Her anger started to build, the nerve of the man. It had been a slow drip all week about cancelling the trip. He wasn't being reasonable. No amount of assurances or declarations would get him to understand. This trip was important. It was the first trip with her new boss, Barton Conway.

Henry and Emily worked at the same company; Steadfast Casualty Company. It was a good company, fair and honest. Henry was a mid level manager in the claims department, while Emily worked as administrative assistant to the executive vice president for sales and marketing; Barton Conway.

She had been his assistant for a little over three months. Sally Winters had been his previous executive assistant. She had gone on maternity leave earlier than expected; complications requiring bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy. She didn't envy Sally; three months restricted to bed. Thomas, Sally's husband, would take good care of her. She wondered when they would have the baby shower. She'd have to call Sally again. They hadn't been able to meet since Emily's promotion to her new job.

As she round the last turn to her house, she checked the time. She would be back at the executive airport in plenty of time. She parked the car and exited quickly. She opened the front door and practically ran to the coat closet. She found the coat and closed the door. She stepped to the front door, engaging the lower lock and just happened to peek at the dining room table.

There was a flower on the table with an envelope resting on a single flower. Henry! Did the bastard not understand, he couldn't make up for last night's fight with a flower. Closing the door, she walked to the table. The man had to know she wouldn't be home to enjoy the flower. It was a wasted and futile gesture. It wasn't in water and would be dying or dead by the time she return late Wednesday. As she drew closer, she begin to argue with herself if she had the time for this nonsense. She thought about sending a strongly worded text message to Henry. She decided to read the letter quickly and then head to the airport.

Sitting down, she moved the envelope and smelled the flower, it was her favorite, a Stargazer lily. Roses where perfectly nice, but she preferred the lily in her hand. She smiled in spite of her mood and set the flower down. Taking the envelope in her hand, it felt heavier then expected. Turning it over, she noticed the envelope wasn't sealed and opened it. She removed a letter and noticed a blue ribbon inside the envelope. She pulled on the ribbon and found Henry's wedding band attached. She removed the ribbon from the ring and placed the band on the the index finger of her right hand. She had performed this same action, dozens if not hundreds of times during her marriage to Henry. Whenever he was working on some project or might damage it, he would place it there himself, asking her to safeguard it with her life. An unbidden smile came from remembering the last time he put the ring on her finger.

She shook herself; remembering the time crunch. She opened the letter.

My dearest Emily,

By the time you read this the flower will be dead; like our marriage. I have spent the last six weeks fighting, cajoling and outright begging you to leave the company and move away with me. I tried to warn you about the danger Barton Conway poses to our marriage. Telling you of the damage he has already done to the Winters' marriage. All my words and warnings have gone unheeded and been dismissed as the ravings of a jealous husband.

I admit I am jealous. I'm jealous of any man who has designs on you and your body for improper purposes.

I know my last words to you where harsh, but I knew what this weekend held for you. I know by the time your ready this letter, Barton will have had his way with you. He has thoroughly fucked and used your body. He plans to use you for his sexual wants and most probably get you pregnant with his bastard child, the way he did Sally Winters.

Didn't you wonder why Sally and you could never could catch up and talk?

Sally's not on bedrest for medical reasons. She's hiding at home; attempting to keep away from Barton. Sally, much like you, attended a trip to San Francisco for an industry analyst conference. Her attendance was required and during those four days, he slowly and completely seduced her. No, I haven't spoken with her. However, I know from Thomas that Barton used the first weekend to gain leverage to blackmail her into continuing their sexual escapades. He wasn't sure if there drugs or alcohol involved in the first weekend, but he thinks there might have been. She was so ashamed when she came back and then became ensnared by the videos and pictures Barton had taken.

Yes. Your perfect gentleman Barton is a real son of a bitch, but you know that now. Don't you Emily?

I know he started out nice enough and I wouldn't have believed what Thomas said. I remember when you started working for Barton, he used to come down to my floor and apologize for the late meetings and occasional Saturday overtime. I didn't really suspect much when we had to cancel the two weekend trips I planned. It was amazing how the overtime would pop-up randomly. All very business like and with no warning. He's a predator. He found his target and began separating her from any protection.

I warned you he wasn't to be trusted. I begged you last night and told you all the terrible things he's been saying to me. It seems he learned of my visit with Thomas. He didn't even bother to deny it. He actually smiled when I told him it wouldn't work with you. I think it gave him a thrill. He didn't have to hide his intent or play nice with me. I told him I would lay it all out to you.

He actually laughed in my face and told me. "Go ahead, for all the good it will do you. She'll only think you're jealous of her and trying to prevent her from furthering her career. You would need hard evidence to make her doubt me. I'm not stupid enough to leave that laying about. Yes, I know you talked with Thomas. Apparently, he saw the pictures on Sally's smartphone. I do like the app, it doesn't allow pictures to be downloaded and prevents screenshots on the phone. The messages are so delightful. They only last three or four seconds, before they disappear into the digital ether. Apparently he saw one of my favorites shots of Sally. She was impaled on my cock and in the throws of an orgasm. Too bad there's no sound. I must have gotten her pregnant the first month she was servicing me. The stupid chit let him see the picture, otherwise she'd still be here. I hear they're still together, probably clinging to the hope the child is Thomas'. I suppose it's possible. I wonder if he'll keep it if its not?"

This is the quality of the man you have tied yourself to professionally, emotionally and now sexually.

Do you realize we haven't made love in almost a month? Has he replaced your birth control pills with fertility drugs yet? He did with Sally and she never noticed. A special connection from a friend at a pharmaceutical company. It's a combination of fertility drugs with a clinical version of ecstasy. The best part apparently is you're drugging yourself. You must be hornier than a two dollar whore.

Sadly, I didn't have the correct currency to sample your body one last time.

I thought there wasn't anything or anyone who could come between us. I underestimated Barton. He knows all the buttons to push with woman like Sally and yourself. I do wonder if you've already given yourself to him the way you defended him last night?

I tried my best to wake you up and try to save our marriage, but it appears I'm too late.

You'll be one of his sluts now. Yes, slut. What else would you call a woman who forsakes her husband for such a worthless man?

I have no hard evidence and no words that will reach you.

All I have is my self-respect and sanity. I refuse to be cuckolded. I will not live through the hell that Sally and Thomas marriage has become. She's mentally exhausted and, prays daily that the child is Thomas'. He's already told her he won't stay and raise the bastard child.

You will find I have already resigned; today in fact. I have cleaned out my office and have taken the few items from the house I truly value. I have included a business card from my divorce attorney. I'm asking for fair split of assets; fifty-fifty.

I don't wish to hear from you or any protests. Once his cock has been inside you, there's nothing to discuss and no way to make it right.

Goodbye,

Henry.

Emily dropped the letter and only just realized she had been crying. "Sally, why didn't you tell me?. Oh God, Henry what I have done to you?. You poor man, I abandoned you and dismissed your concerns."

Her emotions were all swirling inside her. Henry had quit his job and she didn't know where to find him. She had to find him. Yes she had been a stubborn fool, but it wasn't too late. At least she hoped it wasn't too late.

She only had to find him and convince him of the truth. She loved him and only him. Yes she had allowed Barton's words to poison her mind and drive a wedge between her and Henry.

She could make it right. She would make it right. If she had to fuck Henry in front of the church congregation, she would do it happily.

She had to find him first. She tried calling his cell phone. It went straight to voicemail. The GPS phone location app didn't show his phone.

Panic entered her mind. She had to find him.

She kissed Henry's wedding band and started to pray for strength and guidance.

After a few quiet moments, she heard a familiar sound. The pipes sounded with water rushing to the upstairs bathroom. She shot up, knocking over her chair, and raced to her bathroom. No. Their bathroom. Please let him be there. Please let there be a chance to reverse the damage.

Henry Danton stood in the shower trying to wash away the evidence of the pain and humiliation he felt. He had been married to his loving wife Emily for 5 years. Loving wife? Henry had to chuckle sarcastically at the description of Emily Danton. She had been a loving and faithful up until the last few months. He thought they were heading towards the next step in their marriage; children. He started to tremble with rage. He had lost his wife to another man. He wasn't rich nor was he as handsome. He didn't have a penis that made women week in the knees. He was just a good man. At least, he thought of himself as such.

Shaking his himself, he turned his thoughts to what came next. He had left a goodbye letter for his wife and single flower; a stargazer lily on the kitchen table for his wife. He wondered if she would catch the irony of leaving the flower to rot. She was supposed to be leaving work after lunch and fly to a conference with her boss; Barton.

Henry felt the anger start to build again as he thought about Barton. He joined the company a year ago. Barton was the epitome of a polished salesman; smooth and outgoing. He could sell anything to anyone and make you feel like your best friend just helped you out. He had lost his previous executive assistant, Sally, to maternity leave. Sally had come back only to resign and say her tearful goodbyes. Henry should have taken better notice of her departure and the circumstances surrounding it. Sally left to be a full-time mother, but there were rumors of issues with her husband.

He had dismissed the rumors until, Barton started claiming so much of Emily's time. He tracked down Sally only to have her refuse to meet or discuss Barton. This set alarms off in Henry's mind. He meet with Thomas and finally had the truth. He felt bad for getting Thomas drunk, but he needed answers. After listening to Thomas, Henry was shaken, angry and terrified all at the same time. Sally and Thomas had a strong marriage and had been married twice as long as he and Emily.

Henry had listened as the tale of deceit, seduction and humiliation unfolded. Thomas had only started to open up after several drinks and the knowledge of Emily's new position. He advised grabbing Emily and moving to another state. Leave everything else behind.

Thomas was right. I should have taken his advice that night. She might have still listened to me.

Henry started to think about the things Barton said.

No.

He would not spend time on the poisonous words of the despicable man. He would give no more thought to the past.

No.

He had finished the past by writing the letter to his wife. He would rebuild his life, beginning tomorrow. He had cleared his office of personal items. He even took the picture of Emily. It reminded him of happier times.

There was nothing left, but a visit to his lawyer and beginning the processes of forgetting Emily.

He turned his face towards the water, turning his back on the shower opening. With the water in his ears, he didn't hear the frantic footsteps of his wife as she ascended the stairs.

Emily stopped as she entered the bedroom. She noticed the two suitcases open and full of clothing. He was still here! Her heart leapt in her chest. She moved through the bedroom and into the bathroom. She said a quick prayer of thanks and moved to reclaim her husband and her marriage.

Henry stepped back from the water and reached for the shampoo, but was stopped by the angry voice of his wife.

"Henry Michael Danton you take it back. You take it all back!"