All Comments on 'The Flight Before Christmas Ch. 02'

by WillDevo

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Chapter 2

This would make a great movie script.

burningloveburningloveover 3 years ago

Chapter 2 down. Story is getting better!

tlc656tlc656over 3 years ago

Loving it! Can't wait for more. A truly interesting story.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 3 years ago
Going well

Looks like an action-adventure-chase story with a side of HEA. Entertaining but the nascent romance borders on syrupy and the precocious cute kid (a staple character) is laid on too thick. The classic car seemed a male-pandering diversion. (Besides, I never thought the 305 was a very good engine. An oil burner.) A Cirrus that comes down on its parachute is totaled. The factory won't repair them anymore is what I heard. No one would attempt to fly it away but it makes a good story. Solid work. I gave it a five.

WillDevoWillDevoover 3 years agoAuthor

Tennessee: saying “the 305” is a bit heavy handed. There’s lots of different variants. The truck variants were prone to oil blowout, but not the car variants so much. Now, if I were really “pandering,” Todd would have swapped it with a 350 (they are dang near a drop-in replacement), but I didn’t go that far.

You’re correct on the Cirrus. You and I know that, but Todd might not know that, right?

Thanks for reading and commenting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Grammar/pacing problems

I really liked the first chapter. Other than the child being a little too smart and well-spoken (she is supposedly a 5 year old), I thought it was written very well. Chapter 2's grammar is rough. You use "on which" a couple of times, and nobody says nor thinks using this verbiage. I don't think this story needed a husband killing added to it. The whole plane crash plot was more than enough drama and intrigue to your short story. The addition of the husband killing sub-plot feels shoe-horned in and fudges with the slower pacing you established in the first chapter. It also adds an unnecessary daytime Soap feel. I give chapter one a 5 and Chapter Two a 4.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
No Issues For Me

It's rolling along nicely. Still 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You've got my attention.

I gave you a 5 because I'm enjoying the tale. Only spotted one spelling mistake which makes me happy.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Another excellent chapter with the plot thickening. The formal versus informal sentence structure was fine and in an attempt to be helpful, the only issue I noticed was one typo (Th instead of The near the end). Great job! Another 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi,

I am spendings hours do search for well written stories that don’t starts with hard sex in the firsts pages, and this one happens to be in aviation background. It is almost nirvana for me Keep on the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It's still a very good story and I'm lovin it.Have an idea this will end as a happily ever after, and that's a good thing. LP

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Great series. The background check could bite him in the ass... 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You guys are SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD at this!!!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman12 months ago

4 star, actually 4 1/2

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWillDevo@WillDevo
Latest news: (1/2/24): The updates to our "seasonal" tale, "The Flight Before Christmas," are up now. It's only some corrections and style changes, so go ahead and read it any time if you're up for some holiday-based erotica. Also, forgot to mention earlier that the names "Br...