The Flin Wars Ch. 09

Story Info
Space meets the oldest profession, War.
6.7k words
4.72
2.9k
6

Part 10 of the 16 part series

Updated 01/29/2024
Created 01/16/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once again, I bring you the next chapter of this exciting story I've been working on for a while now. Still don't have it all written down but I'm good at making it up as I go along. As always this is a work of fiction and any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental. I am wholly responsible for the content in these stories and any mistakes are my own. Please keep those comments coming and also don't forget to vote. If you like what you're reading remember to follow me, also I am writing other stories as I do this one.

Now for a bit of xenobiology of some of the flora and fauna I've referenced in the previous chapter, I do hope this helps you picture in your mind exactly what I'm talking about. The Valerian Werecat is a relatively small animal, usually between.75 to 2.1 meters long and between 35 to 88 cm at the shoulder high. They weigh between 15 and 38 kgs with the general average being 25.2 kgs. Their Terran relatives are the African Honey badger, both are absolutely fearless and have been observed attacking animals many time their size. They have been referred to as the Space Marine Corp of the animal kingdom, as they take no notice of how big or how tuff you think you are. It resides on planet Yanyan in the HD 38283-star system, 123 LYs from SOL 1 (our home star). The fur of the cat is very fine and highly prizes if you can actually manage to get close to one. They have a highly developed sense of sight, hearing and smell. They are also very fast and have been clocked at over 95 kph for more than 3.5 klicks.

A Devin Lake Shark is one of those look but stay in the safety of the boat type of fish. They are from the Devin area on Barajeel in the HIP 79431 Star system 47 LYs away. It is usually between 2.2 to just over 4 meters long and the largest ever caught was over 5 meters and weighed over 455.2 kgs, but the average is around 175 to 239 kgs, Their Terran cousins are the feared Great White shark although the DLS has many more rows of razor-sharp teeth and have been located in waters of over 3Km of depth and clocked in excess of 150 kph for many klicks. Their diet is very diverse, and they have been known to hunt collectively like Terran Orcas, Dolphins and Whales. Though attacks on Humans are rare it has happened. Visitors and residents are reminded to give them a wide berth from time to time.

Guard Channel is the universal emergency frequency used by all nations that have either civilian or military aviation, or as in many places both. The frequencies used are on either UHF 243.0 MHz or VHF 121.5 MHz by international and interstellar agreement and usually have a dedicated radio set to the listen setting in the cockpit.

CSAR or Combat Search and Rescue Teams are the truly the unsung heroes of any conflict. Even in peace time they will go out into weather that others wouldn't even think about leaving the ground in. A rescue team usually consist of 2 rescue techs, 6-18 security members or more, and depending on the rescue craft will have 2-4 crew members and 2 pilots. Rescuing a pilot and any crew is a dangerous proposition, especially when the lead is still being flung around by the bucket load. I have flown cover on several occasions for them in either the Top Cap or Iron hand strike role. I can attest that those who have found the CSAR role to be their calling have my deepest respect and I will defend them to my last round of ammo and drop of blood.

I hope this helps with any questions you might have, and I will try to add more with each chapter that I write. Now on with the story.

Date: 231909.10

Time: 1010.55

Location: Hanger Bay 2 USNS R.E. Olds ASA-32

Gliese 163 Sector, Gamma jump point 33

Ahhhhh, it felt good to be back in my flight gear and sitting back in Sam's cockpit, for me this was my office and I had missed being here. Billy had finished hooking me up and was helping me to strap in as I started my preflight checks. Behind me I could hear Lori and Karen giggling and talking as Lori also stood on the maintenance platform.

Sitting back, I felt the familiar tingle as the sensors in my suit meshed with the ones in my seat, in every sense Sam and I were now one being. Had I had my visor down I would be receiving data from Sam about what was happening around her. I wiggled my shoulders back and forth a few times and settled in. Yes, I was comfy now. I relaxed and let my head rest for a few seconds, Billy gave my straps a last tug and nodded to himself.

'You're good to go Skipper, I'll see you on the ground in a few hours.' He said and we bumped armored fist. 'I'll see you soon baby okay.' I heard Lori tell Karen and then heard them kiss. She and Billy switched places and Lori stuck her head into my open face plate and gave me a deep French kiss. I pushed hard back and reached up to fondle her tits just one last time. 'I'll see you in about a month on my way back out.' Lori told me after breaking our kiss. 'I'll pick you up in my flying machine.' I told her and pinched her left nipple. 'I'll just bring up a spare suit with me.' She slapped my hand and gave me a quick kiss.

'Clear bay 2, Clear bay 2, all personal without a pressure suit on clear bay 2. This is a 2-minute warning.' The 1MC system blared out. 'Out woman, go I'll see you soon.' I told her and watched her scamper down the ladder. Billy shut Karens canopy and then followed Lori down the ladder and pulled it away. I shut my canopy and made sure that both where locked. 'We have positive pressure John.' Sam said. 'Thank you.' I say and quickly finish my checks and switch freqs. 'Billy we good to start APUs and Mains?' I ask. 'Bay is clear, exhaust vents open ready when you are Skipper.' Billy told me and I mashed the starter buttons. Sam shuttered slightly and her instrument panels came to life. 2 minutes later I signaled him to pull all cables, chains and pins. Within a minute my boards went green, especially my weapons panel. I checked to see if the Master Arming switch was still in the safe position, it was.

'Bridge, Kill Joy 25 ready for lift and launch.' I called out. '25, Bridge roger that stand by.' They replied and I saw the Bay doors open. 'Bridge, Hammer 11, ready for lift and launch.' Dev called out. 'Roger 11, you're number 2 behind 25.' The bridge launch officer replied.

Dev was taking Tommy his Mako in for its 5000-hour depot level maintenance, it would take about 3 1/2 months, and I had already recruited him to spend his time teaching my new kids how to really fly. Besides he could continue to work on his latest tech upgrades. The real reason was that he sometimes needed adult supervision, just like I did.

His orders had read to 'Assist local command authority as needed,' The only things he could do was help at the AC Maintenance "A" school or at advanced pilots flight school. I knew he'd be bored as hell sitting on the ground for 3+ months teaching kids how to turn wrenches. But with me he'd be flying nearly every day. Somehow, I just knew that I really didn't have to do much in the way of talking to get him to see the light. What's the old joke, 'Come to the dark side, we have cookies.' I felt Sam shutter.

'25 hooked up, ready to lift.' I heard. ''25 clear of all chocks, chains and umbilical's, all pins pulled, engines hot.' Billy called back. 'Lift control, 25 green board ready for lift and launch at this time.' I called out completing the ritual. '25, Lift control, lifting at this time.' They called back, and I felt Sam rise. 'My mains are clear John.' Sam told me and I retracted the landing gear as we headed for the open maw. My head was on a swivel making sure I didn't bump into anything, or anyone. 'Sam when we go black sky hold us at station keeping, please, then move us out to port 5000 meters.' I said and kept looking around.

'Black sky John, ready to maneuver.' Sam told me and I checked my sensors to be sure I was released. 'Clear to maneuver Sam.' I told her and watched her take up her position just as I had asked her to. Looking back, I could see Dev being moved to the doors and then out. 'Hammer 11 you're free to maneuver.' the lift officer told him, and he sided up to me. 'Kill Joy clear for flight.' Lori told us and we slowly powered up. I waved at the bridge as we went by and adjusted our course for the micro jump.

'You ready Freddy?' I asked Dev. 'I'm ready Freddy, let's do this.' He replied. 'Besides you're buying the first round.' I just laughed. 'I may have first round, but you're buying dinner tonight asshole.' I told him. 'Ready to jump in 3,2,1, jump.' I said and the world went weird. 30 seconds later we popped out and I checked my calculations, they were nearly spot on as I turned my IFF on, it started squawking and so did I.

'Orbital control, Kill Joy 25 flight of 2 with you on primary.' I called out over the Comms. 'Kill Joy 25, Orbital control, squawk 2325 and ident.' Was the reply. I dialed in the correct squawk. 'Roger, did you get that Heman?' I replied. 'Yeah 2325 and ident.' Dev called back as we went active. ' Kill Joy positive ident, take up heading 326 mark 127 and call at the Ruby marker.' Control told us. '326,127 to the ruby, 25 clear.'

I picked up the new heading and Sam updated the nav plot as I advanced the throttles to 3/4 power. Sitting back, I let Sam handle the flying as I started scanning the training freqs. After 10 minutes of listening, I knew where I'd have to start, with comms discipline, and all the time spent chit chatting back and forth. I looked over at Heman who was shaking his head and I knew he was listening to the same crap I was.

'Chatty bunch ain't they Heman.' I called over to him. 'Where we ever that much of a bunch of blabber mouths Stalker?' He asked. 'Hell no! that old bastard Ripper was all over your ass if you did anything but follow procedures.' I quipped back remembering CDR. Bud 'Ripper' Miller.

He'd been one of our first combat instructors. He had been killed covering a retreat from the Piscium 327 system. Word was that he'd death dived a Type 11 BB, that had allowed a carrier and a troop transport the time to warp out. His sacrifice had saved the lives of over 39,000 soldiers and sailors and allowed, just 2 months later, a renewed force of 53 ships to reenter and capture the hotly contested system.

I smiled remembering all the times he'd chewed our asses after a minor screwup, God save you if you really fucked the chicken. 'Bawk, bawk.' I clucked out and saw Heman cracking up over in his bird, I knew he'd been thinking the same thing.

'Daddy, why did you just do that?' Karen asked then looked over at Devs Mako. 'Why is Heman laughing so hard?' I had to laugh myself. 'You see baby, Dev and I had this flight instructor...' I started, then heard the words that no pilot ever wants to hear. 'Mayday, Mayday, Mayday, this is Tango Romeo 237, Mayday. Primary hydraulic failure port side. Position 262 mark 183, 275,000 from the Ruby marker.' She said.

Sam immediately placed a red flashing circle around the target on my center MFD, along with the pertinent intercept data. 'Heman, you got it.' I said, already knowing he did. 'Yeah Stalker, let's go get her.' He replied as we banked around to the left and raised our noses to the proper course.

'All ships on this frequency stand clear of the 262, 183 radial on the Ruby marker. Break, Tango Romeo 237 are you requesting rescue at this time?' Orbital control said. 'Um, I'm not sure orbital control.' 237 replied.

'Orbital control, Kill Joy 25 moving to support 237 at the Ruby.' I called out and pushed the throttles forward. 'Ah, Kill Joy 25, Orbital control roger suggest you move to a secondary freq. over.' O.C. replied. 'Control,25 roger thank you.' I said. 'Sam come up Guard please.' 'Of course, John.' She quickly replied. 'You're up on guard.' I took a deep breath and focused my mind.

'TR237, Kill Joy 25, come up training 6 over.' I said. 'Umm 25, 237 training 6 roger.' She quickly replied. I switched over. '1's up.' I said. '2's up.' Dev replied. '237 is up Sirs.' My new wounded fledgling said. 'Okay 237, I.D. please.' I said. 'Ensign Krauss, Bethney. Call sign Baby Sir.' She said. I had to smile; she was my very first 'Baby' call sign. 'My A.I. is Fran Sir.'

'Okay kid. I'm Stalker and my wing is Heman.' I told her. 'We're gonna get you home in one piece so keep it together alright.' I told her. 'Yes Sir.' She replied, I could hear she was getting scared now that what was really going on had started to hit her. I knew I had to keep her focused and on task or she might freak on me.

'Alright Baby I need Fran to do a data transfer over to Sam and Tommy so that we can look at the problem.' I told her, I knew this was just make work and that Sam or Tommy could have talked to Fran and had her transfer the data without her pilot's input or permission.

'Um, yes Sir, setting it up now.' She said. 30 seconds later my top left MFD went blank and then data started streaming across it. 'Data coming in now John.' Sam told me. It took me less than a minutes to look the info over and pick out what had happened.

'Okay Baby, it looks like your port 216 block let go.' I said. 'Have you isolated your secondary systems out?' 'Um, yes sir, and I do have limited port side system control.' Baby replied. I now had a visual on my sick chick, 2 minutes later we were bracketing the T-19 Hawk.

'John, I recommend a low power, multiple orbit reentry trajectory of 3 orbits on the 241 radial.' Sam told me and brought up the plan on my center MFD. 'This will put the least amount of strain on the compromised systems. It will also allow Baby and Fran the easiest approach based on the limited hydraulic fluid remaining in her emergency systems.' I looked Sam's data over trying to find fault with it, I really couldn't find anything that gave me any heart burn. 'Okay Sam send this over to Heman and Baby.' I said and pressed the Xmit switch. 'Okay gang data coming over to get you home kiddo. Anyone gets a case of heart burn over what they read let me know.' I said and sat back waiting for someone to come up with a better idea, after 2 minutes I decided to act.

I switched freqs and started letting the powers that be what we were going to do. 'Orbital control, Kill Joy 25, please clear the 241-mark 003 line for us. We'll be escorting 237 down. Alert Castle tower to ready the crash gear and raise the barricade.' I said. 'Roger 25. Break, all craft on the is frequency this is Orbital Control, stand clear of the 241-mark 003 radial. Emergency reentry in progress. All ships except those involved in the emergency event switch to secondary frequencies. Kill Joy 25 you will have a dedicated controller on this frequency for the duration of the event. Orbital Control clear and switching.' I heard and knew it was time to get home.

My next call was to my new home, Boyington Field. Named after a famous WW2 Marine Fighter pilot who didn't always do things by the book, he was a recipient of the MoH, Navy Cross and several other metals. His squadron VMF-214 better known as "The Black Sheep" had many ace pilots and were known for their fighting prowess, many times they were outnumbered but still made their enemy pay a huge toll when going up against them. 'Castle Tower, Kill Joy 25 flight of 2 now 3. I have our sick chick and will be escorting her in. Have the gear ready and put CSAR (pronounced Cesar) in the air, over.' I sent. The reply was nearly instant. '25, Castle 6, we've been monitoring T6.' He said. 'Bring our sick chick home Stalker.' I knew that voice but couldn't come up with a name. 'Roger that Boss.' I said and slowly powered up then turned to the proper heading.

3.5 hours later we were making our final orbit, so far everything was going according to plan, and I was crossing everything I could cross just hoping to get this kid on the ground. Angle 01 had joined up with us, which made me feel better. If anyone needed to step out, there was now an emergency pick up standing by and they wouldn't have to walk home. 2 hours ago, I had been informed that my new call sign was now Castle 02. The only other person higher than me was Castle 01 the squadron C.O. and the base C.O.

'Castle 02, Castle Tower, you are cleared for reentry on present trajectory and speed advise reaching 50,000. Squawk 2121 and take up heading 145. over.' The tower sent. '145 at 50K 2121. 02 heading home.' I quickly replied. 'You doing okay over their Baby?' I asked. 'Ummm yes Sir, I think. At least Fran says we're good Sir.' She said and I looked over at her. I was within 35 meters and could see her face as she delt with the ongoing emergency. 'Hey, look over at me kid.' I told her. 'We're almost home, just a few more minutes.' I told her as she looked at me. 'Yes Sir.' She said and 6 minutes later we broke into blue sky.

'Sam, deploy the wings for best lift and maneuverability please.' I said and saw the variable geometry wings swing forward from their 62* position to a 45* position even though I was still at angles 600. 'Heman, Baby switch 2121 and ident.' I said and adjusted my squawk. '02, Tower, continue your descent and you are cleared straight in on 14R. The cables are ready, and the barricade is up. Crash gear is standing by as is the rescue gear. 237, Castle Tower, state your intentions over.'

'Tower, TR237, I intend to bring my craft home, over.' Beth stated and I smiled. 'Tower, 02, passing 50,000 still descending. I have the localizer beacon, over.' I sent. '02, roger. TR 237 continue your descent at pilots' discretion, you are clear strait in on 14R, all emergency gear ready.' The tower sent and I picked up my visual scanning and started to slow us down from 1780kph to 550kph. I knew this would place less stress on Beths sick bird.

The next 15 minutes where nerve racking as I continued to call out altitude and the field told us everything was ready. 10 klicks out I called for the gear, hook and flaps and started her down the grove. They had brought out an LSO who took over and talked her down. Dev split off and circled 3 klicks out as I prepared to split off myself. '237 3/4 mile call the ball, slightly right correct left. Okay kid you're doing good keep up your sink rate, what's your hydro read?' He asked. '237 ball, 4.4 Ummm, 0.55 over.' Baby quickly replied. I knew she was still leaking fluid from someplace but all I wanted to do was get her on the ground and then I would dig into some one's ass over this. 'Sam that message I've been thinking about sending, send it out, high priority burst.' I said and at the last second peeled off leaving Baby to make her first emergency trap.
It went flawlessly and I heard an 'Okay 3 wire.' and Dev and I banked around to land on 02R and then taxied to our hard stand and quickly shut down as the ground crew placed a single ladder against Sam as I opened the canopies. 'Hey, get the double maintenance platform I've got a back seater.' I told them and began unhooking myself. 'Baby can you unhook yourself or do you need some help?' I asked and stood up after placing the safety pins in my seat. 'I'm okay daddy but I think I'm going to need help getting out.' She said as the larger platform was placed against the fuselage and the crew scampered up.
'Sir welcome to Boyington field.' The young PO2 said and saluted me. I waved my hand near my right eye and stepped out and went to help Karen who was trying to get out herself. Lifting her out after making sure she had cleared all her umbilical's. 'Thank you, daddy.' She said as I placed the pins in her seat and she lifted her bag out then headed down the ladder and stood under Sam's nose, waiting for me I could see Dev walking over. 'Any gripes Sir?' The PO asked. 'No, no gripes or problems. Get the AOs over here and have them demount the white weapons and set Sam up with blues, tell them to leave the 40s alone. I want her fueled and prepped for launch in the morning and I want to see the Maintenance Officer and Chief at 237 right now along with the last idiots to work on that bird.' I gripped and started down the ladder as a staff car drove up and another blast from my past stepped out.

12