All Comments on 'The Floggings Will Continue...'

by Bramblethorn

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Thank you. I enjoyed that. A bit different; just about credible and not too extreme. Well written, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Unique

I've read, or at least started to read, every E & V story here for the last couple of years. This is unlike any I have seen. Maybe it's not even in the correct category, but definitely one of the best. I just wish at least one of the many team building exercises I suffered through had been run by Doctor Marchand and Versatile Corporate Dynamics.

BramblethornBramblethornover 5 years agoAuthor
Category

Anonymous: yeah, I really wasn't sure where to put this one. I'm aware that it's not standard E/V fare, but I couldn't figure out a better category for it. Thanks for the kind words!

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 5 years ago

The last team building exercise I went on required us to make tall towers out of drinking straws and foam balls. Fuck that. I want to know where Ashley works.

Fun little story, Bramblethorn. You IT folk... :)

lazy_readerlazy_readerover 5 years ago
Surprising conclusion; not a typical Exhibitionist story

Thanks for sharing a very interesting story. I found it thought provoking. I'm not sure what category is right, but that doesn't matter. I will remember this one.

It was not a large surprise that Kelly loved Sigrid. I was surprised that the three of them (apparently) chose the solution that they did, and that it has remained stable for five years. Sigrid is very lucky to be so loved by two people who are willing to share. I don't know if there is even a name for the relationship the three of them have.

When the deception was revealed, it was obvious who was behind it. In any case, it became more credible that the facilitators would allow our little triad to have public sex if they were really working to sabotage the team.

I didn't find the story to be fun so much as intriguing. It was particularly interesting to see Tim and Kelly cooperate, especially given their initial antagonism. The team building exercise didn't work for the whole lot of them, but it seemed to build a solid three-person team.

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 5 years ago
Loved it as an editor

... and now as a reader. Very unexpected and different from most of the other stuff on Lit. Almost like a Jedi mind trick how all the co workers were cajoled and coaxed into imploding. Great dialogue and progression of events, straddling the line between plausible and implausible deftly. At no point did it stretch my suspension of disbelief far enough to break immersion. 5 stars (especially for the ending)

SimonDoomSimonDoomover 5 years ago

A very well-crafted, subversive, erotic story. I enjoyed it as a satire about company team-building exercises, which in my experience have been a lot of nonsense. The pace was great and in the middle and later part of the story I really wanted to be on that beanbag chair. One of the best endings of any Literotica story. Clever and just right.

tygztygzover 5 years ago

Ok that was whack. Great fun, sexy, but to be honest I prefer your other work (I can still hear The Stringed Instrument playing). Well written and definitely nee meets the site's goals, so 5*.

rebel_coderebel_codeover 5 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The satire is hilarious, and the sex is pretty good, too. It just rips along, well crafted and very little wasted prose for its length. Just a hugely fun, entertaining read. I wish there were more like it on the site. Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Anonymous youngster

Pure gold. GOLD. I'm checking out your work !

yowseryowserover 5 years ago
Smashing

Lovely wryly told tale. Elegant, well-crafted prose, twists here and there, movement, emotional hurdles, tongue-in-cheek throughout. High quality erotica with a sense of humour, rising high...

Thank you.

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 4 years ago
Really well done!

Enjoyed this thoroughly! Great grasp of corporate culture and it made me laugh - a lot. Well planned and executed - 5 stars.

I'm so glad this came up in the discussion today! I will certainly read more of your stories.

Van

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Great story, and great build up. Very believable characters.

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenalmost 4 years ago
Oh my goodness...

This might be the best story I've read on Lit. It felt so horribly real - haven't we all worked with an Alistair and a Margaret and a Milk Bandit? Out of taboos, comes forth hotness, and out of familiarity comes forth humour.

I got to "Somewhere in there the Enya finally stopped." and had to concentrate on my pelvic floor.

Thing is, I've been asked to organise a team-building event. The last one involved agonised laughter as people tried to politely mindfully eat a raisin, to a backdrop of a breathy female voice and instrumentals from Enya. To be fair, uniting a team against the facilitator can succeed...

I've been trying not to think of Christopher Brookmyre's Be My Enemy, but now I've got to not think about this, too.

OmenainenOmenainenalmost 4 years ago
Oh goddamn that was fun!

I’ll never be relate to corporate team building events in quite the same way again. Great read, thank you. Also loved the frame story. Somewhere in the middle I wondered why you started with it but the end wrapped it up perfectly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

This is a HORRIBLE story, full of people doing HORRIBLE things to one another for HORRIBLE reasons!

Five stars.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Funny and seriously warm. Somebody has worked in an office long enough to know all the dynamics.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 2 years ago

The sign on the new manager’s desk was just too, too funny! “Floggings will continue until morale improves.” There’s seriously bosses who believe that way. I’ve also had relationships like that. Someone feels they aren’t getting enough attention but instead of maybe being nicer so one might want to be with them more, they become increasingly abusive as if that’s going to get them what they want. This was brilliant and the clueless manager had no idea how her “humorous” sign kept the staff guilt ridden. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A delightfully-constructed story nailing perfectly the sort of personal issues that we all endured when working in a large organisation. Five stars all the way.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusalmost 2 years ago

Whether it's organizational dynamics or astrophysics, you have a huge range of topics you can expound upon with an insider's perspective. Your mastery of the language lets you paint pictures where the words almost disappear. I am very very fortunate to share in the fruits of your bounty. Thanks!

IJS0904IJS0904over 1 year ago

This was a huge amount of fun! I don't care if it could happen because you shaped the story in such a way that the dynamic between characters felt real. I loved the ultimate compromise for one woman's affection. Great job and thanks for sharing.

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

I laughed several times, I like a feel good story with with a great punchline.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

Back again and still laughing.

We had a manager who unashamedly said there is too much laughter in the office. I expect he thought productivity would soar as a result of his wisdom.

MajorRewriteMajorRewrite10 months ago

“Milk bandit” makes me laugh. Little details mean a lot.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Second time after a decent period and it is still an outstanding story. The dynamics are beautifully described.

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking4 months ago

I want to have worked at this office. (Note the tense.)

Writer61Writer61about 1 month ago

Good story, well told.

I particularly liked the way that some of what was happening to Alistair was told indirectly through the overheard words of the facilitators.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBramblethorn@Bramblethorn
Hi! Thanks for reading; I hope you find something in my work that interests you. Life has been very busy, and my writing has been one of the casualties. I have a couple of works in progress, no promises on when they'll be ready. If you want to know when I have a new story ou...

SIMILAR Stories