All Comments on 'The Forever Canadian Vacation'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
6King6King12 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Beautiful story, THANK YOU!!!

5+

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great story! Than You!!!

One complaint, actually it is more an observation: You should have put it in Loving Wife category.

If there was an ever LW story... then this is the one!!!

PS: we get a ton of cuck shit there, while this would be perfect LW (Forever)...

Cracker270Cracker27012 months ago

Nice story. I enjoyed it very much. You have great talent thank you for sharing it with us.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire12 months ago

Excellent tale with a good backstory, good tension and buildup, and an excellent conclusion. Thanks for writing and sharing it.

beanburner69beanburner6912 months ago

Another great story

IbeSteveIbeSteve12 months ago

Awesome story. Thank you.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer12 months ago

Thank you for a simple but relatable story. I thorougherly enjoyed all of this well structured, well written tale. Cheers.

A_BierceA_Bierce12 months ago

Yet another perfect story. How on earth do you do it? That's rhetorical, don't reveal the secret, just keep doing it. Please.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I've spent a lot of time up there, grew up in Wisconsin and spent 2 weeks canoeing up there every summer. First the boundary waters but then we pushed north of Sioux Lookout.

Your writing captures what it is like to be up there, you must be from there or spent time there.

Very pleasant, after all these years, to "see" that area through your writing. Excellent story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Outstanding story and writing. One of the very best in all of Literotica. Congratulations.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u12 months ago

You turn utter sadness into beautiful love and joy. I always look forward to your well written offerings and once again I'm never disappointed.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

Kishkadee is a most delightful character!

5

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now12 months ago

That was an amazing story!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

what a Wonderful story. this is the first time i have ever left a post that is h

ow great it is

CastAdriftCastAdrift12 months ago

Beautiful story. Couldn't stop reading it.

Thanks

mac1729mac172912 months ago

Another beautifully written story

Thank you for writing

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

another great bit of writing 5 stars plus

steppinontors

J6480J648012 months ago

Impressed by your imagination and research. Another hit, 5*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Absolutely wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

That was one of your better ones!

Ravey19Ravey1912 months ago

Sorrow becomes love aided by Julie 5⛤

Crusader235Crusader23512 months ago

What a wonderful story, five well deserved stars. Thank you for it.

ender2k2kender2k2k12 months ago

The start of the story reminds me of Hatchet by Gary Paulson. Then you made it your own. I really enjoyed it. You are definitely one of my favorite authors. Thanks

jlg07jlg0712 months ago

Beautiful story!

WilCox49WilCox4912 months ago

A really excellent story. Should be in Romance, but the IR aspect is kind of fundamental, too. I would have missed it if I weren't following you (well, and slowly going through your stories, but you're writing faster than I can read).

The pidgin English bothered me a little, but I think it's really fine. It just sounds like all the bad westerns I watched (and read) as a child, and it's a distraction. But given Kishkadee's back story, it had to be there. It may even be reasonably realistic; I don't know. (I read some about such things, but it was a LONG time ago.)

The story you're telling, though, is wonderful, and beautifully done. A very, very good job.

- WWC3

Comentarista82Comentarista8212 months ago

Unexpectedly delightful!

You sure wrote it like he was gonna die and no one would ever know until it was way too late. Talk about fate: Julie died at 26 and then here's Kishkadee, also 26. Of course, she's beautiful, but more importantly, very intelligent. It's obvious you researched this enough for an informed perspective, and that care shone through in each paragraph. It reminded me of Jeremiah Johnson, only set in the Canadian wilderness--and of course with a happy ending--which Dave most certainly deserved after such a huge setback in losing his beloved wife.

Gritty, charming, loving and enthralling. This one deserves a 5 in every way I can imagine.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

There were no 401(K) accounts in 1969, those were established in 1978

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

What a wonderful story! That is one of your best, almost as good as my favorite, "18 Wheels and a Denim Skirt".

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This was a wonderful story, but I couldn't help wondering if Dave ever took Kishkadee to France to visit her fathers grave at the Canadian cemetery near Juno Beach near Courseulles-sur-Mer, France. It is a beautiful place to visit and a wonderful tribute to the Canadians who died there.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I truly enjoy reading your stories. Your narratives are easy and flow so gracefully. And it was a nice surprise when you mentioned Red Lake. I visited that area years ago as a young boy and spent two weeks fishing the lake and a little lake nearby named Suffel Lake. So I could picture the area as I read along. Like our hero, I flew into (on to?) the lake via a pontoon plane. It was two weeks after the ice was out and the Northerns and Walleyes were hungry!

Nicely done! You are a gifted story teller!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Such an excellent short story. Too good to be kept here.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow, what a wonderful story. I feel so jealous of the life Dave found, it has always been a fantasy of mine.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ronde must have the same dreams I have. Sadly they are just dreams.

Wonderful story! Thanks!

StLouisLoveStLouisLove8 months ago

What an amazing change from all of the other stories, I absolutely love it

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Difficult to read at the end, somehow my eyes were watering. Must be the font used by LE...

Thank you.

texlootexloo6 months ago

As always your story is wonderful.

juanviejojuanviejo5 months ago

What a great story! Nearly four decades ago, my wife and young children loved to vacation in Northern Ontario. We all loved the Yellow Pickerel, Small Mouth Bass, Northern Pike and Rock Bass. Thank you for the memories.

Cinco Estrellas!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

One of the best stories I have ever read here.

Peapod41Peapod41about 2 months ago

Well, as a disbeliever in an afterlife-and empiricist, if you like - this utterly believable story

of survival snuck up on me. A feel-good yarn about survival, in an environment most will

never endure. A faultless plot, credible circumstances, 3-dimensional characters and

an ending of contentment all serve to accentuate your writing craft. At least 17 out-of-10!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories