The Four Boxes of Liberty Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Sir I have a question." said Teresa as my three Angels and I sat down in our respective seats in my office. "Why did you replace Lydia Green as Holloway's bodyguard? You don't trust her?"

"No, I don't, to be honest." I said. "She was always a friend of Harlow, and I had suspicions of her during the Malone and Westboro days. Kind of like Geiger in Vice. I may be doing her a disservice in thinking badly of her, but I'd rather be safe than sorry vis-a-vis Holloway and Parker's lives."

"You think he was being targeted, too?" asked Cindy.

"Possibly." I said. "Tanya, send all that information about the car being rigged to steer into that hydrant and that tree to Orosco in Internal Affairs. That could end up being important."

"You're really worried about that, aren't you?" Teresa asked, peering at me.

"With the current political climate," I replied, "and with assholes like Finneran still on the Boards of Inquiry, you better believe I'm worried about it."

"I'm more worried about the political climate that is getting our Officers shot while defending other Officers that did the right thing and exposed a criminal conspiracy." said Cindy. "When does it end?"

"Harumph. Never." I said. "By the way, who's replacing Holloway in Personnel & Records?"

"Not sure." said Cindy. "Sergeant Myrtle Wausau has been in Admin for over ten years. I looked at her record; it's spotty. She was written up numerous times for being late to work, for having an unclean desk, for not re-filing papers in a timely manner after getting them out. On the other hand, I talked to her about taking charge of Personnel & Records in Holloway's absence, at least temporarily, and she said she would do it... and not once did she ask about getting the job permanently, or how we were going to fill the position permanently, et cetera. That kind of bothers me, too."

"Who wrote her up all those times?" I asked. "Harlow?"

"Yes." Cindy said. "As a matter of fact, it was."

"Yet Wausau made Sergeant." I said. "That is what I consider... a strangeness. Check it out more thoroughly. You might also talk to Chief Griswold and Captain Charles about it all..."

Part 4 - Homefront

I asked Cindy and Callie to have dinner with us at the Mountain Nest. Carole was very happy to see Cindy, and Jim was happy to see Callie.

Laura had not gotten over her sister Melina being an FBI mole in the CIA. I told my wife that I wanted her to evaluate Cindy in a 'normal' setting, maybe talk to her alone, to make sure she was over her recent ordeals. But part of my strategy was to distract Laura into hostessing duties, and also to get a chance to talk to Callie about the situation with Laura. But you know what they say about 'best laid plans'...

"Mommy," Carole said as we all sat at the dinner table, "can we invite Cousin Patricia to watch the Soo-per Heroes with us tomorrow night?" I was a bit surprised, but Laura looked stunned... and unhappy.

"Patricia is a bit too young." my wife said. "She's not even three years old yet."

"I know," said Carole, "but I just wanted to see her. And she can play with Bowser and Buddy with us."

"Maybe some other week." I said. "The Town Council meets tomorrow night, and I have to go to it."

"Are you going to meetings, Daddy?" Carole huffed.

"Not those kind of 'meetings'." I said. "Marie's daddy is on the Council, and he needs me to help him get a medal for a Police Officer that got hurt this morning."

"Oh, okay." Carole said. She returned to eating her squash casserole, which she liked very much, leaving adults in the room stunned at the conversation that had just taken place...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Time for some dogs to go out." I said as we were talking in the greatroom after dinner. Buddy and Bowser heard that and instantly went to the back door. "Callie, want to help me take them out?"

"Sure." Callie said.

"Can I go too?" asked Jim.

"Sure!" Callie said, picking Jim up. "I gotta take my boyfriend along." Jim was beaming. We went out and to the backyard, whereupon Buddy and Bowser went to do their business and inspect their territory.

"How were things at the office today?" I asked, conscious that Jim was within earshot.

"She was pretty distracted all day." Callie said. "I've been told to take assignments only from her, that 'M' is no longer one of us."

"Did she tell you what happened?" I asked.

"Only that 'M' was an FBI mole, but that ended this weekend." Callie said. "She's full-time FBI now, no longer part of the 'Company' at all."

"Just between you and me... how bad is it? Really."

"I don't know." said Callie. "But it may be that unless you intervene... she'll never speak to 'M' again. Did you see the look on her face when Carole asked about Patricia?"

"Yes." I said. "Yes I did."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

10:30pm, still Monday, October 22d. Laura and I were preparing for bed.

"You didn't put Carole up to that question about Patricia, did you?" Laura asked as she sat in front of her makeup table.

"Are you kidding?" I said as I relaxed on the bed. "I was as shocked as you were. No, I had nothing to do with that. That was Carole reading your mind."

"Your mother was telling me we have to be very careful with our thoughts and emotions around her." Laura said. After a pause she said "Do you really believe Carole can read our minds?"

"I have seen enough to know that I have seen too much." I said. "I know that Cindy has the 'vibe' very strongly, as does her father, I've had strange insights myself at times, and Cindy and I both think Carole has inherited some wicked intuition, as well. I don't know if Carole has outright ESP or anything, but I think she has an... 'awareness'... of things, and can pick things up from a conversation she overhears." Laura nodded, then went into what would be called a 'reverie' if it was me doing it.

"So how is Cindy?" I asked.

"Oh." Laura said, coming out of her distracted state. "She seems fine. She told me about her abortion, and asked if you'd told me about it. I said you had, but you weren't going to say anything to her about it. And then she talked about... well, I'm breaking psychiatrist/patient confidentiality here, but she said she had been thinking about becoming a mother, by adoption if not by a sperm donation and pregnancy. She seemed very positive about things."

"Good." I said. "So... let's talk about the 800 pound gorilla in the room... Melina."

"I'm not sure I'm ready to talk about that yet." said Laura. "I'm still... processing it."

"Exactly my point." I said. "You about fell out of your chair when Carole asked about Patricia. I know you're angry about it all, but I don't want to have to tell Carole she can't see her cousins."

Laura got up from her chair and came over to the bed, letting her silk nightgown fall to the floor, revealing a sheer white teddy. She looked good, and my cock was stirring as she settled down onto the bed and snuggled up to me.

"It's... well, I know she's my sister," Laura said, her voice barely above a whisper, "but I don't know her at all. I thought I did, I thought we were developing a relationship over the past few years. And then this..."

"I understand." I said. "I've had a... complicated... relationship with my sister over the years. I know it will be hard to even consider what I'm saying, but I think you should find it in your heart to let it go. Melina is... complicated... But one day she's going to need someone, someone to cling to when the storms in her head reach the breaking point. And I'd hope that you'll be the one to be there for her."

"You're asking a hell of a lot, there." Laura said, her voice flat and disapproving.

"You know," I said, "Father Romano has been asking a lot of Teresa, lately. He's managed to get into her head about her father and all that stuff like no one ever has, certainly not me. He's maneuvering her to let it all go, and forgive her father, as hard as that is going to be for Teresa to do. But... she's thinking about it."

"You're reading her mind?" Laura asked, half joking but half acerbically.

"No." I said. "Observation, deduction... and knowledge."

I felt Laura's hand tracing down my abs to my groin. This conversation was about to be ended, and by the best way Laura knew to end a conversation. I felt her hand grasp my half-hard cock and begin jacking it.

She then half rose and shifted her body down, and lay across me. I felt her big, milk-filled left breast resting against my lower abs. Then she bent down and began sucking my cock. I was instantly iron-hard. I just lay back, watching my wife's head bobbing up and down as she deeply sucked me, enjoying the intense pleasure of her warm wet mouth sliding up and down my shaft as she deep-throated me...

Part 5 - Consultations

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Tuesday, October 23d, from in front of City Hall. "We are bringing you continuing coverage of yesterday's Officer-involved shooting at City Hall!"

"Police Detective Teddy Parker was wounded when gunmen attempted to assassinate Police Lieutenant Janice Holloway yesterday." said Bettina. "Lieutenant Holloway was identified as the Police Officer that wore a wire to entrap Gayle Tunnin, leading Police to arrest Tunnin after she made credible claims of sexual harassment against Republican Mayoral candidate Daniel Allgood. The charges against Tunnin were subsequently dropped by District Attorney Gil Krasney."

"During the shooting," Bettina said, "Police Corporals Hicks and Gunddottar fired at the criminals' car as they attempted to flee along Riverside Drive, which was very busy with traffic at the time of the incident. The car crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree, then caught on fire, resulting in the deaths of the two occupants. Fortunately, no one else was seriously injured."

"Citizens For Police Accountability spokespersons Jay Swenson and Ken Eidex demanded that the Police Officers be suspended without pay pending a full investigation by the SBI." continued Bettina. "Hicks and Gunddottar have been placed on restricted desk duty, but with full pay, while TCPD Internal Affairs conducts an investigation of their actions."

Bettina went on: "Several Town & County Council Members, as well as candidates for local offices, demanded that a Board of Inquiry be empaneled, as well as demanding that County Inspector General Horace S. Wellman take over the investigation from TCPD Internal Affairs. Council Member Kelly Carnes was particularly harsh. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing the blonde Councilwoman all but screaming: "The irresponsible actions of these Police Officers put citizens's lives at risk, and shows that the training of TCPD Officers by Captain Teresa Croyle, Chief Sean Moynahan, and especially Commander Donald Troy is inadequate at best, and downright harmful at worst. I will be demanding that a Board of Inquiry investigate this horrible example of cowboy law enforcement!"

More tape, showing Mayoral candidate Eldrick X. Weaver, who was black, saying: "The irresponsible actions of these white Police Officers proves that Sheriff Daniel Allgood's cowboy law enforcement puts innocent people at risk of being killed by Police gunfire. I call upon Sheriff Allgood to resign as Sheriff and withdraw from the race for Mayor. His has failed to protect the lives of our citizens, and he is not fit to lead this County as Sheriff, Mayor, or in any other capacity."

"And now let's go to Nick Eastwood for Sports, and a report about Saturday's huge game!" said Bettina. "Nick!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the handsome young blonde Sports reporter. "Channel Two Sports has learned that Wildcats Senior left tackle Reuben Rutherford injured his ankle in practice and is not expected to play against the Bulldogs on Saturday. He will be replaced by true Freshman Wilfred Scott. This is a potentially huge problem for the Wildcats, because Scott will be lining up against Bulldogs All-America defensive end Derrick 'Bloody' Waters, a.k.a. 'Train Number 93', and that's a tough task for any lineman, much less a true Freshman making his first start. Vegas odds have shot up; the Bulldogs are now favored by a whopping 13 points over the Wildcats. Back to you, Bettina!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Not one word." I said. "Janice Holloway read a statement to Press cameras yesterday, thanking Parker for saving her. Not shown. Chief Griswold issue a statement praising Parker, as did the TCPD Press Relations Officer. Not one word shown. Daniel Allgood also issued a statement praising Parker as well as condemning Weaver for using the race card in emphasizing Hicks and Gunddottar being white. Not one word shown by KXTC."

We were in the Chief's Conference Room, as usual. The Chief had brought us in a box of doughnuts. Cindy and I had brought in boxes of doughnuts for MCD and Vice.

"What pisses me off," Cindy said, "is how Bettina said no one else was 'seriously injured'. No one else was injured at all, but she made it sounds like people were injured."

"Well, you predicted it, Commander Troy." said Teresa. "They're focusing on our Officers returning fire at the car, making it sound as bad as possible."

"And it was orchestrated, too." I said. "All those different people used the same verbiage, the same catch phrases. Like the 'gravitas' incident."

"What incident was that?" asked Teresa.

"Years ago," I said, "Rush Limbaugh played a montage of 33 reporters on weekend talk shows saying, all on just one weekend, that George W. Bush didn't have the 'gravitas' to be President. Whatever you think of President Bush, for thirty-three different reporters to use that exact same word 'gravitas' on the exact same weekend... and a word that never appeared before, ever, in the Lexis-Nexis database... could not possibly have been a coincidence. It was totally orchestrated, and the corrupt, biased Press didn't even try to hide it. And we see the same thing in the attacks on the TCPD in KXTC's biased, totally-one-sided reporting."

"They also didn't report that Parker is recovering well." said Chief Moynahan. "He should be out of the Hospital, barring any infections, just in time to see the Bulldogs-Wildcats game from the comfort of his own home."

"That's good news." I said, getting ready... and sure enough...

"The bad news is what 'Train No. 93' is going to do to your quarterback and running back on Saturday." said Cindy Ross, not totally able to hide her glee. "That poor Freshman kitty is going to get a baptism of fire."

"We shall see." I said. I might not have mentioned to Cindy that I'd gotten word that the 310-pound Freshman Wilfred Scott was bigger, faster, and more agile than the Senior Rutherford, had finally shown in practice that he was ready to start, and the ankle injury to Rutherford wasn't nearly as bad as Eastwood had been reporting. I didn't blame Nick for 'fake news', though... that was sheer Wildcat 'guile', as Chief Griswold would say.

"The real bad news," I continued with a grin, "is that on Monday, October 29th, Deputy Chief Ross presents the TCPD budget to the Town & County Assembly."

"With a reduction in pay for any Wildcats if the Bulldogs lose on Saturday, October 27th." Cindy fired back.

"You mean I'm supposed to be getting paid to do this job?" I asked with mock shock. "Nobody told me tha-at."

"The coffee is your pay, Mr. Crowbarrrr." replied the Chief. "And Lord knows you drink enough of it." I turned and looked at the Chief funny... then got up and poured myself my third cup of the morning...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This is Cynthia Freeman, KSTD Five-Alive News, bringing you all the news you have a right to know!" said the beautiful reporterette at 8:00am. "Praise for Detective Teddy Parker is pouring in from all sides after he was wounded saving fellow Police Officer Janice Holloway from an assassination attempt!"

"Detective Parker is recovering well at University Hospital, according to a statement by his doctors this morning." Cynthia said. "Police Chief Sean Moynahan, in a statement praising Detective Parker, said that Parker's armor held up when impacted by two bullets, saving Parker's life."

"Police Corporals Hicks and Gunddottar, who were assigned to Lt. Holloway as a protection detail, returned fire, striking one of the shooters as well as the shooter's car." said Cynthia. "The car careened over a fire hydrant and smashed into a tree, catching fire. Both criminals were pronounced dead at the scene."

"Sheriff Daniel Allgood released a statement, also." continued Cynthia. "He praised Detective Parker's actions, and also praised Lt. Holloway for her participation in a sting operation that led to criminal charges against Sheriff Allgood's accuser, Gayle Tunnin. Police won't comment on the possibility that the attempt to assassinate Lt. Holloway is related to that sting."

"However, said Cynthia, "Sheriff Allgood also said that the Inspector General's Office will be working with TCPD Internal Affairs to determine if Corporals Hicks and Gunddottar acted properly in returning gunfire on a busy street. Town & County Councilwoman Kelly Carnes has also called for an investigation of the Officers's actions, including asking for a Board of Inquiry to investigate independently of the Inspector General's Office."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"That was a much more reasonable newscast." said Cindy Ross as we watched in my office to start the Angels meeting. "Not perfect; they didn't mention Weaver's racism and Sheriff Allgood's condemnation of it, but it wasn't like Bettina's agenda-driven excrement."

"Very true." I said. "It was almost 'fair and balanced', to coin a phrase."

"Why has KSTD suddenly become so much less hostile?" asked Tanya Perlman. "Because Don gave Catrina Pierce that interview?"

"The word I got," said Cindy, "was that they're making as much a contrast with KXTC as possible, in an attempt to get more viewers before that Fox station comes on the air November 1st. What you just heard is what I'm expecting the new Fox station to be like. They saw how hostile Bettina's report was this morning, and made a concerted effort to be different."

"How come they didn't go to Catrina for Sports?" asked Teresa.

"She's left KSTD." I said. "She's going to be one of the reporters on the new Fox station. The gossip I got was that Meredith Peller of Fox Midtown is coming up and being on the morning show with Catrina, at least temporarily and maybe permanently."

"That's strange." said Cindy. "I was hearing, from the same very reliable source that told me about KSTD contrasting with KXTC, that Nick Eastwood was going to go to the Fox station as the Sports reporter. So what's Catrina going to do?"

"Be hostess with Meredith." I replied. "And my reliable source is Beatrice, mother of young Otis that died of cancer. She used to work at KXTC, and she's taken a job with KFXU as part of the startup team. I talked with her when I gave her one of Bowser's puppies yesterday."

"Awww, they've been born?" Teresa happily asked.

"Weeks ago." I said. "They're weaned now. I paid for all their shots, and have given almost all of them away. Hicks is giving his sister one, so I told him to take the day off, since he's relegated to desk duty, and take the pup to her..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After the Angels meeting was over, Detective Joanne Warner came to my office. I had her come in and sit down.

"Sir," she said, "I know you helped Jerome become and FBI Consultant. Can you help me become one, too?"

"Hmmm," I said, my eyes boring into her. "This wouldn't have anything to do with our Town & County becoming an FBI resident agency, would it? And maybe you working with your hunting partner?"