The Fox and the Wizard Pt. 01

Story Info
The mysterious force ruling the Greenfrost claims Alayna.
15.6k words
4.79
12.8k
47

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 03/24/2024
Created 01/28/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This story contains non-consent and reluctance. This is a work of fiction with all characters over the age of 18. This is the first part of a series and I hope you enjoy it! Be gentle. It's my first time.

Alayna slept in her own room that night.

It wasn't for lack of offers. At dinner, as they all sat around various tables scattered haphazardly around the dining hall, Beckett kept skimming his hand along her thigh, inching her dress higher and higher. She'd squirmed under his touch, thankful he wasn't one of those lords who insisted upon dining on a raised dais, where anyone could see him stroking her desire to a fever pitch. When he finally ran a finger along her folds, she was so worked up she gasped and choked on her drink.

After coughing mightily for a few moments, Alayna stood and bade everyone a good night. She thought Beckett might have followed her, at least until he realized she was headed in the direction of her own room. He didn't pursue her. Choosing, as he always did, to respect the times when she needed space.

Halfway across the courtyard separating her room from the main keep, she discovered Coen and a handsome young man from the village below, fervently kissing each other in a shadowed alcove. Coen spied her and held up a finger, pointing first at her, then at the two of them. She smiled and held up a hand to decline.

Just as she was about to enter the building on the far side of the courtyard, she heard a gentle whine. It took a moment of searching before she was able to spot the glint of eyes against the darkness, outside the reach of the torches lining the courtyard. The giant wolf looked at her for a long moment, swung his head toward the forest, then back at her. An invitation to run through the forest with him. She gently shook her head and the big wolf was gone as quickly as he'd appeared.

Alayna slept alone for a short time. Just a few hours, long enough for the keep to settle in for the night, for everyone but the sentries to be fast asleep. When the moon was almost at its zenith, Alayna rose from her blankets and dressed. She gathered a few items and quietly stepped outside, heading through the manned gates with a nod to the guards, towards the direction of the thick forest surrounding the keep. When the night sky shone above her, unhindered by the torches burning atop the high walls, she got down on her knees and placed a small bowl on the ground, filling it from her water skin. She tipped out dried mugwort, calendula and marshmallow root into the water from a satchel. While the dried ingredients absorbed water and began to disintegrate, Alayna pulled a small bundle of sage from her pocket and murmured softly. The end of the sage caught fire, heavy smoke wafting from it, stinging her eyes. She continued those softly murmured words as she circled the bowl with the flaming sage three times in order to contain what she intended to summon. She placed the burning sage above the bowl on the ground, allowing it to be consumed naturally. When it had burned into nothing more than ash, she pulled a white crystal from her pocket and ran it in circular motions above the surface of the still water, a different chant falling from her lips.

For nigh on a week now, someone - or something - had been trying to contact her. And something else had been blocking it.

Every time she passed a body of water, whether it was a river, a puddle or even just a small mug, the water rippled in unnatural ways. And every time she would turn to see what would appear in the glassy surface, something happened to disturb the water. Whether it was an acorn falling when there was no wind or someone jarring her cup so badly it spilled, something always happened to cause it to stop.

Something was trying to contact her and something else desperately didn't want it to.

When the moon was at its highest point in the sky, reflecting perfectly in her little bowl of water, Alayna put the crystal away and waited. It didn't take long before the water rippled once, twice, then stilled. The moon's reflection was replaced with the stern face of a much older woman, slightly shadowed under a hood of dark emerald. Something silver glinted under the darkness of her hood and Alayna realized it was a circlet bearing Viena's mark.

She lowered her eyes and bowed her head respectfully. "Sister."

"You've been ignoring my summons," the unfamiliar woman snapped.

"I apologize," Alayna said quietly. "Something kept interfering."

The woman waved an impatient hand, as if this was of no consequence. "We've precious little time left now. There is a sickness sweeping the city outside the Keep. Magical in nature, as we haven't been able to combat it with potions and herbs. A wizard in Dewhurst claims to have a book containing the spell we need to end the sickness. You are to retrieve the book and meet me in Ayrith immediately."

Alayna blinked. It certainly wasn't uncommon for traveling Sisters to be called upon for tasks benefiting the Order of Viena, but... "Sister, are you certain I'm the one you meant to contact? I'm technically still a student."

The water bubbled angrily around the edges of the scrying bowl. "Think you an elder Sister isn't capable of summoning the correct person?"

"No, but—"

"You are the closest woman from our order to Dewhurst, student or not. Time is against us. We need the runes in that spell immediately. You are to ride out at once, retrieve the book from the wizard Xanth. Meet me in Ayrith, at the inn closest to the north gate. Ride fast and do not delay."

"Sister." Alayna knew she was pushing her luck, but whatever had caused the magical sickness could have been what was trying to sabotage the summons. If someone was actively trying to thwart the Sisters' plans, she needed to know. "Can you tell me what was trying to block—"

The water bubbled again, the Sister's wrinkled face replaced by the reflection of the moon once more. Alayna sighed as she sat back, the water in the bowl sizzling as if to convey the Sister's anger at having her order questioned.

Once inside her room, she waved a hand and a little orb of soft, orange light filled the area. She rifled through her travel sack for a moment before spreading a map out across her work table. She was so busy working out the fastest route to Dewhurst that she didn't hear the creak of the door opening.

"Planning a trip?"

She turned to find Beckett standing in the entryway, the top of his shirt unlaced enough to give her a tantalizing glimpse of his bare chest. Silently, she cursed the order that prevented her from taking the time to explore that chest with her lips. Especially after he got her all worked up after dinner.

"Yes, actually. The Sisters assigned me a task." At his arched brow, she quickly filled him in on the details. Beckett frowned.

"If someone caused this, they could come after you on the road. Give me a moment to pack my things."

She caught his hand before he could leave the room and pulled him back to face her. Her hand rested on his chest, fingers toying wistfully at the laces of his shirt. "You're needed here, Beckett."

"Shegar, Coen and Gryff can handle things until we return."

"You and I on the road together, alone? It would take us weeks to reach Dewhurst."

"Then take one of them with you. Someone should watch your back."

"I can handle this. The Sisters wouldn't have summoned me otherwise." She did not tell Beckett that for the last two, maybe three, months, she'd had the distinct impression of being watched. It was a tingling sensation on the back of her neck, like someone had brushed feather light fingers across her skin. She didn't want him to worry. "I can travel faster alone, which means I can return faster."

He nodded and she returned to packing. It was several long moments before he spoke again. "And will you? Return, I mean."

Alayna stopped. She turned to face him again. He said the words easily enough, but there was a hint of uncertainty in his eyes, an uncertainty she didn't often see in him. She gave him a tender smile, hoping to banish that look from his eyes.

"Of course I will. I wouldn't even be going if this were anything other than a direct order from the Sisters. You know me. If I can help it, I don't stay anywhere I don't want to be. I'm here, with you, because I want to be."

She watched as the uncertainty faded, but was quickly replaced by a question neither of them dared ask. For how long? How long until she got the itch to wander again? How long until he grew tired of having her warm his bed? She wanted to tell him that she'd already been with him longer than any of her previous lovers. That, long after she should have grown weary, the simple thought of his hands on her body, his lips on hers, still excited her to no end. That the time she was about to spend away from him, away from this place, would be nigh unbearable for her.

But she said none of those things and neither did he. The question lying between them faded until she had to wonder if it had ever been there at all, or if it was simply wishful thinking on her part.

She turned back to the map spread out on the table and only a moment passed before he stepped in behind her, invading her senses and making her realize how thin her sleeping gown was. He placed a finger on the spot where their camp was located. "Where will you go?"

Alayna placed a hand on top of his, guiding his finger across the rough parchment, tracing her path. "Here, to Dewhurst. I'll meet with the wizard, retrieve the book, then travel here." She moved his finger further up the map. "Ayrith. I'll meet the Sister, dump the book and go straight back. It should take three weeks at most to get there and back again."

A deep, rumbling sigh vibrated against her back. She looked up to find him frowning as he traced her path back to Dewhurst. "This city. It's close to the Greenfrost." His finger tapped a mess of green paint right next to the marker for the city.

"I know," she said, leaning back against him. "I've been close to Dewhurst before and I know not to venture into the forest."

Not that the Greenfrost could be considered much of a forest, because the trees quickly gave way to fetid swamp. She'd only heard stories of what sometimes ventured out of that swamp, but none of them were pleasant.

"It's dangerous." He started kissing the side of her neck, making her lids go heavy.

"Mm.. It is." She tilted her head to one side to give him better access and might have adjusted her stance so that her backside was pressing up against him. Purely coincidental. "But see? Ayrith is north west of Dewhurst. The forest is east. So I have no reason to even go near it."

His lips traveled closer to her ear and she couldn't stop the shiver that ran through her body. His tongue ran up the slightly pointed tip. She moaned.

"Beckett," her voice came out husky and breathless. "I don't have much time."

"I can be quick," he rumbled in her ear. "I'll saddle a horse while you finish packing."

His big, calloused hand pressed against her back, pushing her down on the table. Not forcefully, but in a way that allowed no argument. He plucked at the blue ribbon she'd used to secure her hair back and let it fall, her rich, red curls tumbling free. Their breathing suddenly erratic in the small room, Alayna hiked her skirt up while he fumbled with his breeches. There were no teasing kisses, no stroking fingers to stoke their desires. Beckett jerked her undergarments down around her knees, used his foot to nudge her legs apart. She felt him grip his shaft and run it along her slit until he found that warm, wet hole and slammed his full length inside her in one mighty thrust.

"Ah!" She gripped the edge of the table, barely able to find her footing before he started thrusting inside her. He held her down on the table with one hand on her back while his free hand gripped her hip, forcing her to take his hard, demanding thrusts that had the table scooting across the ground.

Beckett kept her in that helpless position until she shattered, her pussy convulsing around his cock, arousal dripping down his sac as it bounced against her clit. He made a rumbling sound deep in his chest and didn't stop. He continued pounding her into the table like he wanted to break it, the hand on her back lifting so he could draw the skirt of her sleeping gown further up her back.

She could feel his eyes on her backside as it bounced against his hips, could feel him shifting slightly, moving —

WHACK

His big hand landed heavily on one bouncing cheek. "Mmn, fuck!" Alayna cried, pushing her ass against him, begging for another one. She looked over her shoulder to find his hand hovering in the air. "Please!"

"Please what?" He grunted, his eyes fixed on the way her cheeks bounced.

"Please spank me again." She was rolling her ass against him now, dying to feel that sting again. "Please, Beckett, please, it feels so good."

A wicked grin shaped his full lips as he met her gaze and gave her another hard smack on the other cheek. Alayna moaned, her toes curling in the hard packed earth beneath her feet. "Again."

"What do you say?"

"Please!"

"Good girl." He spanked her again and again, until they were both sweating and moaning, until her skin shone bright red in obvious handprints, until she was on the verge yet again.

Beckett leaned down over her, fisting her hair and pulling her head back so he could whisper in her ear, his voice deep and gravelly.

"If you're a good girl and come back when you're supposed to, I'll take your sweet little ass. I'll fuck you until the only name you know is mine. Now cum for me, you little cockhungry slut."

He bit down on her neck and she came in a great rush. Her body convulsed against the table, eyes rolling into the back of her head for a moment as her pussy gripped him tightly. He didn't release that harsh bite as he groaned against her skin. She felt his cock pulse inside her, then the hot rush of his seed. He only released her neck to bite out harsh curses as he filled her with hot, thick ropes of cum, his thrusts slowing.

He slowly licked and kissed the part of her neck he'd bitten savagely, as if wanting her to carry his mark the entire time she was gone. Beckett slid out of her and Alayna felt him grip her hips as she straightened, turning her. With very little effort, he sat her on the edge of the table. When she tried to close her legs, he shook his head and pried them apart again.

"Stay just like that," he said, his voice low and commanding. His eyelids were heavy with satisfaction as he stared between her legs while he worked to fasten his pants again. "I should tie you up and keep you just like this. Legs spread, my seed dripping from your pussy."

Her cheeks colored hotly, but she didn't try to close her legs again as he righted his clothes. When he was finished he reached out and drew her to him for another kiss. Beckett strode out of the room without another word, leaving Alayna to finish packing.

***

It didn't take her long to set out. To this day, she kept a travel pack full of emergency supplies. Old habits were hard to break. Beckett had also prepared rations to take on the road so she wouldn't have to spend time seeking out small villages. Alayna rode as fast as she safely could at night, using the stars to make sure she traveled north east. She reached Dewhurst in two days' time, arriving late into the third night. Though Dewhurst was a large, bustling city at all hours, it was far too late for her to call upon the wizard. In her experience, they tended to be old, cantankerous men who didn't appreciate having their sleep disturbed. She stabled the horse and purchased a room at one of the cleaner inns. She bathed and fell into bed without even touching herself as she usually did on nights she had to spend away from the keep.

Alayna rose early the next morning. She secured her hair at the nape of her neck with the same blue ribbon Beckett had plucked from her hair three nights ago and donned a heavy cloak with a hood deep enough to hide her face. Surely her father's soldiers hadn't strayed as far as Dewhurst in their search, but one couldn't be too careful.

She started at the shops closest to the inn first, asking the proprietors where she could find the wizard Xanth. One wanted gold in exchange for information, which she refused to pay on principle, another claimed they'd never heard of the wizard while the third insisted she wanted nothing to do with whatever Alayna had involved herself in, then promptly shooed her out.

She was just about to enter a fourth shop when she passed the city notice board. Hammered into the wide wooden plank was... a wanted poster. With her likeness drawn on it.

Wanted for crimes of treason against Lord Clayborne

Fuck.

The likeness wasn't very good, at least not as she was as an adult. In the drawing, she was still the same scrawny, freckle-faced girl that had lived in Dyne. The artist had drawn a sneer on her face that looked like no expression she ever made. The poster looked freshly made, no signs of wear and tear at being left out to the elements along its edges. At least the wanted poster specified she was to be brought to Lord Clayborne alive. Ah, and the reward for her capture had increased over the years.

Alayna drew the hood closer around her face and abruptly left the street. She wouldn't try any more shops in this area.

Closer to the eastern gate, Alayna stopped seeing wanted posters, as though the soldiers who hung them couldn't be bothered to traverse the whole city. Then again, this section of the city was vastly less populated than the rest. She could only imagine it was because of the Greenfrost just on the other side of the gate and the threat it posed.

She finally found a shop that was so rundown she couldn't even tell what it sold. Alayna checked that her hood was firmly concealing her features before entering.

The feel of dark magic washed over her instantly, even beneath the heavy folds of her cloak. It felt like tiny insects skittering across her skin, so intense she had to fight the urge to slap at her clothes. Alayna took a deep, steadying breath. Once the sensation mostly passed she crossed the threshold to the back of the shop, where the elderly keeper stood behind a desk.

"Pardon me." She spoke softly, keeping her head angled so he couldn't look under her hood. "Can you tell me how to find the wizard Xanth?"

The old man immediately went pale. His gaze shot to a corner of the room before he stammered out a reply. "Excuse me, dear, I have to fetch something in the back. It's.. ah, it's very cumbersome, so I'll be a while. You should ask elsewhere."

He shuffled off despite her protests. She started to follow him just as a very large hand closed around her upper arm. Alayna wrenched herself violently out of the grip and turned, dagger in hand.

"Whoa! Whoa, wait!" The owner of the hand said in a deep, rumbling tone as he quickly took a step back. He held both hands in front of his massive chest, palms facing out. "I heard what you said and I think I can help. Find the wizard, I mean."

She chose not to stab him. For the moment, anyway. Alayna angled her head up slightly, letting the shadows of her hood hide most of her face. He was tall, built like Beckett, all muscle with no room for fat. The sleeves of his plain white shirt were rolled up, the muscles of his arms flexing as he crossed them over a wide chest. When she looked at his face, her breath caught in her throat.

He was painfully handsome. He had a strong, square jaw, clean shaven, with full, lush lips that were slowly pulling into an amused smirk. His dark, tousled hair fell into eyes that were as blue as a summer sky. Tanned skin made the color of his eyes stand out sharply.