All Comments on 'The Funeral Ch. 01'

by butchbabe

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Confusing

Your names were too ambiguous. It took ages to find out if someone was male or female. That made it really difficult to imagine your characters or identify with them. It even took a bit of time before I knew who was human and who was a dog. You could have made it clearer by putting the story in the right category. The only clue was in your user name and it's not enough because authors are encouraged to write in different categories. The story, however was intriguing. Jackie (female)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Apart from the fact this was confusing as hell, WARN your readers that this is a gay romance story! If I wanted to read that I'd go the other categories, I have no problem with people being gay, but I don't want to read it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great start!

I thought the story description clearly stated that it was lesbian. I think it was a good intro. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Only the confused would think this is confusing...

Cam(ille): Jimmy's widow (female)

Jimmy: Samatha's partner that's died, as they are at a funeral (male)

Samatha: Jimmy's partner riddled with guilt (female)

Jewel: Sam's dog (also female)

Shawna: Sam & Jimmy's boss (very much female)

I don't see what everyone's disconnect is....great story, but romance is not the category, lesbian sex is and that's the only thing that threw me for a loop.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great start!

I love the build up, this is getting very interesting.

I dont understand why people are confused by this story! Its simple enough. Thanks anonymous for translating it to them..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great buildup!

I'm excited to read more of this story! I hope you continue and develop the characters a bit more. I just scanned the comments and have to add: romance is not limited to straight people! I had no trouble figuring out who the people were. Keep up the good work ;)

butchbabebutchbabeabout 11 years agoAuthor
Lesbians are people who sex it up with other women

Thanks for the positive vibes, (almost) everyone's feedback is awesome! Context clues are a must for this story, but I'll work on my presentation in the future. And haters...lesbians are people. They fall in love and can be involved in romantic relationships. It's offensive to suggest otherwise.

BahamaBahamaabout 11 years ago
Awesome

Read this and forgot to comment , it's really good

butchbabebutchbabeabout 11 years agoAuthor
Jack(ie)

Thanks for the critique. "Sam" actually started as a guy, but I can't resist some good old fashioned lady love! But I left it that way intentionally to draw the reader in, and use their own imagery. Much to their annoyance, however! Sorry Miss Jackie!

stroudlestroudleabout 6 years ago
good start

I don't know what all the confusion in comments are for , its straight forward as far as I can see. The category is lesbian sex (big clue there) as to the gender of the main character and her love interest .

I found this well written and it felt believable to me.

Looking forward to reading the next chapters

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I don't care for dominant/submissive stories.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Started well but.....Domination?.Nuh uh.Sorry.Not for me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous