All Comments on 'The Fury Four'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sempi Fi

Extremely well told! As a retired AF maintenance officer, I think that it was too bad it required to beat up a perfectly good aircraft to bring the story to a head!

NamizujsNamizujsover 18 years ago
The plane was worth it!

As an ex "bloody communist", being from Hungary, i think the title says it, in addition to the Semper Fidelis of the previous comment!

And a Happy Holiday to writer and all!

john

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Good story

You tell a good tale. This is probably the best of your efforts I have been blessed to read. I am trying to get all that are posted. Your style is folksie and the stories are credible. Very good character building. I wish I could fall in love as quickly as your heroes do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent story

Thanks for a wonderful story. You tell it very well. I look forward to reading more of your stories. It is very easy to identify with your characters. You make them come alive on the page. Thanks

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Shit me either LOL

People start them all the time though -

Nice story with great historical referents - maybe a bit of a stretch in accuracy but the details supported it well enough.

I do like the mix you keep adding of outside truth to your stories - even in some of the fishing or air based pieces are not precise (and I am NO judge of that) they seem more then good enough for the stories to flow well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Story

Reads like there might be a grain of truth to it. But then, like the General said at the end, "the incident never happened". I'm sure there were many "never happened" incidents during the Cold War that would make good stories. And many will never see the light of day due to "National Security". BTW, the Naval hospital mentioned in the story is actually spelled "Yokosuka", even though it is pronounced 'Yokuska'. Only reason I know that is that I spend some time there in 1969 and again in 1970 as a young Marine wounded in Vietnam. Thanks to Grey Eagle 286 for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I loved it but

Moshi moshi, not mushi mushi.

Yokosuka, not Yakuska.

Sorry. I spent some of the best years of my life in Japan and it grates. .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous