All Comments on 'The Future in Our Stars Pt. 02'

by WaxPhilosophic

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
christi11christi11over 4 years ago
I'll give it a 3 but it reeks of politics

The writing was good but I'd swear it reeks of politics which I just abhor. Without that spin I'd have rated it higher and found it more enjoyable. Hopefully the next part is just as good without that angle.

Sorry for the less than stellar (HA!) review. I do hope you write a 3rd chapter.

Thank you for sharing your time and thoughts with all of us!

metroalmametroalmaover 4 years ago

Damn it Wax why do you insist on making us think? It's like, what? exasperating, intriguing, interesting, and sexy, don't forget sexy. See you in Chap. 3

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 4 years agoAuthor
Politics, No. Humanity, Yes!

The intention of this trio of stories is to explore what it means to be human and what it means to love, not whether your blood runs red or blue. So far we've got a sophisticated computer program that wants to be loved in part one. Now, in part two, we have a woman who was manufactured rather than being born, and she wants to be loved as well. Could this happen someday? Maybe. And what quality is it that makes us uniquely human and sets us apart from the animal kingdom. Besides the ability to use and enjoy small appliances, I would argue that it is love. Love makes us human. That's what these stories are about.

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Parallels

I'm doing it again, Wax, finding parallels between your SF tales and the classics of yesteryear. This time it's Huxley's Brave New World where embryos are developed in artificial conditions and children are genetically engineered to enter a specific caste system. While this chapter of yours is short it's powerful. The interjections, written as if from a children's reading primer, speak volumes, more than some could say with several hundred words. Simply great.

stroudlestroudleover 4 years ago
Stonking good story

You've done it again Wax, brilliant, moving, sad but a twinge of hope at the end.

I disagree with the comment about it being political, the overriding theme about prejudice and second class citizens (in some eyes) can be related to the here and now, but that gives this Sci fi an edge of realism and makes it contemporary in my opinion and all the more reasons to enjoy

Looking forward to part 3. One of my favourites of yours Wax, thank you

Jc

šŸŒ„Warm grassy slopes

ā˜ļøšŸ§Clouds of penguins

šŸ„§Pumpkin pie

šŸ§ŗThe dropped picnic basket

šŸ‘æJane's mother

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 4 years ago
HMMMMM SO SAD ........

......... that it seems mankind will NEVER learn from the mistakes of the past.

You may be right in your vision of the future Wax, and that's a soul destroying thought.

The way we are headed, there is the very real possibility that future generations may very well be nothing more than factory bred slaves.

Disease, famine and poverty WILL one way or another kill off a huge portion of humanity and leave in its place only the super rich and greedy.

Its a brutal and sad fact that the planet needs a couple of billion less inhabitants.

WW3 coming to a country near you ...................... SOON

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 4 years ago

Wow! This is a deep short story. Itā€™s amazing how you put such a full range of emotion into one page. Love it.

TrueMortTrueMortover 4 years ago
Nnnnooooooooo

What!!!!

come on you cant leave a girl hanging like that...

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 4 years agoAuthor
Coming soon... part 3

Stay tuned. Part 3 is in the queue and should be out very soon. It will tie everything together.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWaxPhilosophic@WaxPhilosophic
Miss Isabellaā€™s Home for Stray Kittens has left and is now available exclusively as an ebook from JMS Books. https://www.jms-books.com/davina-lee-c-224_312/ * Other News... Tales from the Stream now has a glossary to help you keep the people, places, and things straight in...