All Comments on 'The Future in Our Stars Pt. 03'

by WaxPhilosophic

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Powerful

Holy crap, Wax, what a powerful, wonderful trilogy. A sad ending, yes, but exactly right for the plot. I don't know if anyone will agree with me but for me The Future in Our Stars puts you on a level with some of the SF masters of old. Maybe some time in the future the story could generate a continuation or a sequel. One of the best.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 4 years ago
Unbelievably Fantastic!!

This was an amazing sci-fi trilogy. The way you wove the stories together is a true work of art. The ending was sad, yet very beautiful...just like a cumulonimbus Polar Bear.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 4 years ago
I agree with M

I totally agree with you M, WP has it made it as a sci-fi writer. She hit this one out of orbit.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 4 years agoAuthor
Computer Love

Thank you to everyone who has read this little trilogy and particularly those who have taken the time to comment.

If you enjoy A.I. stories, I also have one called "Computer Love" that you should read as well. It's here on Lit under Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

Thanks All,

--WP

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 4 years ago
Sad ending

I liked the story. I liked how you tied them all together. I liked bringing the ZA6 back in Sally's body. That was a unique take on stories of this kind. However, I did not like the sad ending in the epilogue. I could understand the ZA6 and Sally combination not being able to survive.

I look forward to your next story. As always, thank you for sharing with us.

stroudlestroudleover 4 years ago
Blumin brilliant

Your very best. This series has been outstanding and this ending hit the right note. Brilliant writing, stonking good story and wonderful imagination. Sad though the end was it was the right end for the story. Very moving and thought provoking too

👏Round of applause

🧬Here comes the science bit

🎶Barry Manilow to Chopin

☁️Cloud watching

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩Two love stories at the heart of this trilogy

Thank you Wax, I thoroughly enjoyed this lots

Jc

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 4 years ago
STUNNING, HEARTBREAKING AND ..............

...................... genuinely thought provoking.

I`m torn between the possibilities of AI units being capable of displaying the ability to love and the ability to destroy humanity.

I honestly do not know which one scares me more.

Imagine an AI getting its "heart" broken and getting angry. Frightening thought.

Almost every film and story since the 50`s show that AI starts out as trying to save humans, but eventually see mankind as its enemy and so ends up wiping out people.

Your tale shows another side though. An apparent over whelming sadness that "she" caused the death of "her" love mainly through over confidence.

Was Zhang Min ever REALLY alive in the true sense? Was she really capable of understanding how to cope with emotions?

Just two of the many questions that make this such an exceptional story!!

As Mr Spock would say ............. FASCINATING.

BTW, the current adverts for AI, especially from Microsoft, are laughable. AI in any TRUE sense do not yet exist since for now at least, they are incapable of real independent thought.

Just another way in which our society seems to actually be "dumbing down" in the last 20 odd years

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

It was soooooo hard for me to read this three chapters, but in the end i made the connection to get the one big meaning ....... And yes loosing this one soulmate can kill sooooo much in yourself, so much off your heart&soul too, that ending your own life is the only possibility ...... This was one extraordinary interesting story and your talent made it so special ...... Many many hearts for you .... 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirtover 1 year ago

Not sure how I missed this tale until now. There should be a “Warning- heartbreak ahead” alert at the very beginning. Incredible story, and you packed a lot of detail into a fairly short series. Guess that’s why you make the big bucks, huh ;). Certainly showcases man’s inhumanity to man, no matter what life form. I appreciated a non-Terminator look at the possibilities for artificial intelligence. Zhang Min effectively committed suicide not once, but twice over grief at how her desire to be one with her love, who trusted her implicitly, made her overlook the potential consequences. Sally’s murder hurt enough, but I still hoped to learn that Zhang Min and her love had disappeared together and spent many happy years with each other. Broke my heart with that reveal, Wax. I’ll have to consider if I can forgive you for making me cry, even if you did spin such an amazing tale. Post another cute, upbeat Pirates story and I probably will ;)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWaxPhilosophic@WaxPhilosophic
Miss Isabella’s Home for Stray Kittens has left and is now available exclusively as an ebook from JMS Books. https://www.jms-books.com/davina-lee-c-224_312/ * Other News... Tales from the Stream now has a glossary to help you keep the people, places, and things straight in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES