All Comments on 'The Future in Our Stars Pt. 01'

by WaxPhilosophic

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
JennyShiu1994JennyShiu1994over 4 years ago
Beautiful

Really. Beautiful. Just wow. Sorry I'm not very articulate tonight.

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Golden age...

...imagination and an absolutely perfect SF tale. The concept of AI falling in love with a human isn't, I suppose, beyond the realms of possibility (or even probability) given the speed with which technology advances. On the fictional front, this story made me think of two things: a Barbarella story (not the film but the original French comic strip) where she and a robot have a passionate affair; and on a more sinister front, HAL, who switched from benevolent to murderous at the drop of a... space helmet. Great story, Wax, I loved it.

christi11christi11over 4 years ago
Well done!

The ending was kind of sad but the story was quite well done.

VetusNoctuaVetusNoctuaover 4 years ago

Bravo! Very nicely done! It's too bad that Robert Heinlein isn't alive to enjoy this little gem! I think that "Time Enough for Love" would have been truly mind-blowing if the two of you could have collaborated on that book!

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 4 years ago

You’ve nailed the SciFi genre! Spectacular story which could definitely lead to more. I could see Zhand Min tapping reaching out and tapping into other devices to further this relationship. It’s still fantastic even if it is a one. Well done!

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 4 years agoAuthor
Continuing the story...

Thanks to all who have left comments on the story so far.

I had meant this to be a one and done, but it is quickly turning into a serial. I have a part 2 in the queue as I write this, and I am working on a part 3. I'll need at least another chapter to resolve anything, so part 4 is lurking in my brain.

TrueMortTrueMortover 4 years ago
Touching

Yes AIs have feelings to.

Beautiful story Wax. So in tune with where my head is currently at.

stroudlestroudleover 4 years ago
Brilliant

What a stonking good story, an inventive Idea and extremely well written. I really feel for Zhang Min and was moved by her desire for companionship. The mix of emotions is wonderful.

The story arc was wonderfully done, thank you Wax brilliant as ever

Jc

🍱Space breakfast

👩‍🚀Interstellar engineer

🚀Shutle ready for docking

🎇Wowser

⛰️Settle for the mountains of Mars

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

Emotional ...... And it will be a kind of future vision ....... 25 years ago my first internet connection was a 21 kb modem and it took ages to load a pic, now a movie or high tech monster data are squeezed through the class fiber, no problems, so AI's will be the future ..... The sensitivity the art of writing the tenderness just marvelous

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWaxPhilosophic@WaxPhilosophic
Miss Isabella’s Home for Stray Kittens has left and is now available exclusively as an ebook from JMS Books. https://www.jms-books.com/davina-lee-c-224_312/ * Other News... Tales from the Stream now has a glossary to help you keep the people, places, and things straight in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES