All Comments on 'The Future is in the Air Ch. 01'

by WillDevo

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
The_PedantThe_Pedantover 3 years ago
Come on.

..... Where's is the rest of this story?

Enjoyable, even to a none-flyer and definitely worth more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
CAVU

Ceiling and Visibility Unlimited. This is going to be good.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 3 years ago
Good

Like you said, for us non pilots, hard to understand and enjoy the "pilot lingo". However, that being said, the emotions and romance part of the tale was very enjoyable.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

Eagerly awaiting the continuation! You had my heart on a roller coaster. So glad she was decoying the bad actors.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyover 3 years ago

Marvellous! I do look forward to more. *****

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 3 years ago
CFNXZ

Another fun one! Awaiting chapter two. Loved the reference to the Piper Seneca as I flew one for about eight years! Appreciate the realistic pilot perspectives, had more than enough ATC people who were hard to understand over the years! Keep up the great work...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pilot to pilot

I think a chapter two would be interesting to see where this goes!

C MEI land

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I don't think all of it posted

Was enjoying this but i don't think all of this posted. it seemed to finish rather abruptly after the 3rd page.

WillDevoWillDevoover 3 years agoAuthor

Ooops! Didn't title it correctly. This is, in fact, a multi-part story. Chapter 2 is in the queue right now.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
Good start

I usually don't care how far an author takes a story. If he/she wants to leave it hanging then I assume we're supposed to finish it ourselves and that's OK. Considering the highly specialized nature of this story it really needs the touch of an aircraft person to continue. I assume there will be a Chapter 2 in the not-too-distant future to see what happens to these two "little people". I did find it a little strange that the little lady didn't realize that she was turning off the guy she was interested in with the very method she used to keep the other wolves at bay, but it kept the story going. 5*

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

I hope this has a followup chapter! Great start.

Having grown up along the US75 corridor from Richardson to Sherman I loved the local color.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More please

A good start, if a tad confusing (What is ASOS ?).

But the groundwork is well laid.

73

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
more information

Always disconcerting when I read a story that has chapters and I'm hooked but

there is no fish to land. Would like to know if other chapters are to follow so I can

read them all at the same time, so that things flow smoothly. Its good but I may never get back to it for the finish.

BrianOrr1BrianOrr1over 3 years ago

I am not a pilot, but I have had an obsession with all things that go fast and defy the laws of gravity since the womb. I love this story. Please don't let this be a one-off. It doesn't have to be a 50000 word opus, but it is a ton of fun, and its nice to see Lance get a shot at love. I thoroughly enjoyed "When Ordinary Isn't " so revisiting these characters is wonderful. Please continue!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Delightful story! Like several of the other commenters, this seems to be cut off. I hope you're doing a follow up. Since I like stories that are character driven, yours appeal to me very much.

5

mitchawamitchawaover 3 years ago

I know little about airplanes. I know they fly, carry people, land, and seldom crash.

The piolet tower chatter was a different hook leading to a different plot. The competence and voice of the pixie in the tower is a draw for the piolet. The ring is the thing that keeps the story moving, and soon we'll get to see it fly.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Good Start

Not being a pilot the lingo is a bit hard to get your brain around (at my age anyway) but a good start to what looks like will be a competent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Jazzed!

I spent 17 years in the Army Air Corps. Coming across a story that was heavily slanted toward aviation made me smile. I was straight in the groove. Looking forward to seeing the story develop.

GHreaderGHreaderabout 3 years ago
This is fun

I live about 3 miles East of the McKinney Airport. I liked the North Texas locations in your other stories but this was a close surprise.

I enjoy your writing style and love a good plot ( and maybe a good pilot). Thank you for keeping the story first and filling in the details some trolls complain about.

Thank you for sharing your stories.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Nice story, writing has you right in the plane and at the airfield even though I have no experience except flights on commercials. Nice lead in to a little romance.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 2 years ago

Well written, straight ahead romance. You can fall in love with a voice on the radio. My tower honey was named Alyssa and she was single, too. But I wasn't.

SGTBurdSGTBurdover 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed the “Ordinary” series. As a former Carrier pilot and current CFI, I am really looking forward to the rest of this one.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Another great story beginning. I had a tower controller at KOQU when I first started flying who was an an absolute ass**** . For the most part though they are great people and many are now friends who I will bring a coffee to when I have the chance and they are working. They all told the controller in question is that way to everyone and was finally removed.

Thanks for writing

iraqborgiraqborgover 1 year ago

So is the ferry pilot that is only mentioned our good friend Todd?

oldpantythiefoldpantythief8 months ago

I know I've read this story before and gave it four stars but my comment seems to be missing. Possibly when I was having trouble with my old computer but not sure. Anyway, just wanted to correct that problem and let the authors know I enjoyed the story and will be rereading the other chapters again. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWillDevo@WillDevo
Latest news: (1/2/24): The updates to our "seasonal" tale, "The Flight Before Christmas," are up now. It's only some corrections and style changes, so go ahead and read it any time if you're up for some holiday-based erotica. Also, forgot to mention earlier that the names "Br...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES