All Comments on 'The Gambler'

by DianaP

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
OMG!

I cant believe how good this story turned out to be. Not my usual read but great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Different...

I loved this story! Diana has quite a different spin on things which she's woven into a very convincing and enjoyable fantasy.

ScribblerosScribblerosover 17 years ago
Interesting story

Amazingly wellwritten and interesting theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Eye for Detail

This is an erotic rendering, but you need to fill in the blanks. Too much of the story takes place off the page. While the tension is good, you rush to the ends. Take a moment and express what is happening in the blank spaces. You left out two entire weeks.

The power struggle is a strong innovation. However, you need to push it through to a resolution. Think about the emotions and actions more. The psychological needs the physical as a balance. Hitting the high points isn't enough. Fill each space. Show us the scene you see.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good story

Great story, well written. I found myself caring about the characters. A little too much pain for my taste, however.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Whew..

This was really hot and I loved it, except for the ending. It left me wanting to read the sequel. There WILL be a sequel, right? Please don't leave me wondering for the rest of my life how this REALLY ends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Total turn on

I kept reading even though I should have gone to bed. wonderfull job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
WOW!

simply, wow. Amazing to see an author thake the story beyond simple eroticism to include so much more depth. The characters are wonderful, and the relationships are enchanting. I don't often read the same story twice, but this one will surely be revisited. Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Amazingly Engrossing

This submission was incredibly honset and while it held moments of the extreame sides to bdsm, and I am talking about mental, not physical, it was wonderful because both the Dom and sub learned to be who they were through eachother. Props to you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
intoxicating

100% origional and spicey. This is a piece of creative work that takes the reader into another realm. could not have been better

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
very impressed

quite simply, my favorite story here by a considerable margin

SakuraNekoSakuraNekoabout 17 years ago
Just Delish!

By far the best writing I have read in a long time! The sequel is a must read and I hope to read even more by this author soon! Keep up the amazing work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great... until the horses...

You could have made your point without the horse farm. It did not ring true even in this fantasy world you created. However, excellent job in developing the master's personality.

FantazmasterFantazmasterabout 16 years ago
Totally Engrossing

This has to be one of the more engrossing stories I have ever read in this genre.Far more than a mere description of the physical acts,Diana has deftly gone inside the head of these characters and has deftly described the mental dynamics of this relationship.

My only regret is that Diana has not written more of these type of stories as the setting of the not too distant future and the CELT structure could easily prove to be a diverse pallet.

FantasiaRealmsFantasiaRealmsalmost 16 years ago
Another stellar find:)

Having managed to trip upon Voyager first, an unable to 'put it down' until the last 'page' I was anxious to read more of your work on the subject/genre. Then when I found The Gambler, quickly I found all the pieces and parts that fell precisely in place to the puzzle of Voyager. It was a wonderful ride, but truly I'm not ready to get off. That's no pun intended, necessarily...it simply is the best stuff around to read at Lit. Great job twice over:)

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterover 15 years ago
Yea, some girls just go for the bad ass guys....

I've never been into the pony thing, but it was well used here. The way her actual feelings were NOT explained, but left for us to guess at was really great, good training for a new Dom. But after all of that I have to say this one thing:

Best. Story. Description. EVER!

"He's a selfish wimp; she's manipulative...BDSM helps."

That just rocked my world when I saw it, after reading the story. Totally awesome.

Hope you write more soon.

infiniteoceaninfiniteoceanover 14 years ago
My favourite story so far

I like the alternative future, the CELT concept, the twists in the story, the sex and the strength of Jesse. She's a lovely creation.

Do you plan a third installment?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Amazingly well written. It has an intelligent plot and is sexy. I hope the author posts further episodes.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 7 years ago
An excellent story with much attention to detail.

I do not understand the whole CELT thing or the pony girl thing either. However since I am not into any pain or dom-sub relationship you can see where I might not understand (or care for) the program. I do appreciate the author's depth of explanation for those of us who do not live in that world. Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Will there be a follow-up?

I read the beginning of this story once years ago, and I have spent yearsbtryojg to find it again, and I have finally done it. I am a avid reader of fiction, and poetry. This is the same quality of some of the best books I've read. (Spelling aside) is there any sort of follow-up to this story? I'm desperate to know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Leaves her bound, alone, for hours? So much for safe, sane, and consensual!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous